Earrings!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually wear studs. I love studs. If I'm going anywhere fancy I wear dangly ones.I loose earings really easy though. It annoys me. It's because I either forget where I put them or I forget to take them out if I go in the sea so Studs are usually the safest for me.
Ugh. I loose barbells all the time. D: And studs too. I hate it!

Random, yes. That's my specialty.
I was just wondering what kind of earrings you cool kids wear. 8D

I wear a lot of those cutesy kind of earrings. My favorite pair that I own are little mini Eiffel Towers. :3 I get most of my earrings from Claire's~! If I'm going to be fancy, I will wear hoops. <3

You?

Edit; Holy wow, this was the 18,000th topic in NonTT! O8 Go TT!
Do they have fake diamonds on them? If they do, I have the same pair!

About earrings, I usally wear a pair of dangly ones that match my outfit, but when I have none that match, I wear black studs.

I dont wear many, actully.

~Tamalove46

I almost always wear studs, mainl stuff from Claires. Sometimes the zip type earrings from Claires.

Right now I've got some white circle earrings with a black star in. :3

I saw studs that look like buttons at the shops. Must buy!

^ How long were you not wearing earrings?

I once didn't wear them for two weeks, but they didn't close up. -phew-

^ How long were you not wearing earrings?
I once didn't wear them for two weeks, but they didn't close up. -phew-
That's because they were fully healed.

I have my lobes pierced twice. In my first hole I have a diamond stud, and in my second hold I have a slightly smaller black diamond (It looks like a diamond but I dont think it is, but I'll just call it one anyway! xD)

I only wear studs. The ones that dangle irritate my ears.

I was thinking about stretching my first hole to a 4 or 6 gauge.

^ I wouldn't recommend it because then you'd have to wear earrings all the time otherwise you'll be showing off a huge hole in your ear. I mean, if you really want it you should get it, but I think that would be something to consider before you make your final decision.

I'm kind of a sad person. I'm willing to get my lip, nose, and eyebrow peirced, but I lack ear peircings. I've had my ears peirced probably 4 times in my life, each one ending in something going wrong lol. So I wear no earrings <3

^ I wouldn't recommend it because then you'd have to wear earrings all the time otherwise you'll be showing off a huge hole in your ear. I mean, if you really want it you should get it, but I think that would be something to consider before you make your final decision.
4 gauge isn't big... Nor is it permanent... I have a 8ga hole, and it's not permanent. 2ga, 0ga and 00ga(which I PLAN on stretching to) is perma. :\

But Katie, if you're gonna take care of it, go ahead. I would recommend buying a 16ga earring, then SLOWLY going up in size each month. For bigger (like 10ga) I would recommend acrylics, especially if you're gonna wear plugs or pinchers (tapers aren't meant to wear everyday, they are just a stretching instrument) because it doesn't weigh the ear down, unlike metal. But for sizes like 16-14ga, you should wear metal. That's what I did. Plus, metal in like 00ga look weird.. o.o

I buy most of my acrylics at hot topic (they have like, tons of cute pinchers!!). Don't buy them at like walmart or the beach.. I bought a pair at the beach and the lady didn't even know the sizes... ._. Well, I did buy some metal 18+16gas at walmart, and they were v. high quality for $10!! But then I made the mistake of buying titanium barbells (which I'm allergic to in my first lobe) at claire's. They're now in my second lobe, and I have no troubles.

Anyway... I plan on stretching my first lobes to 00ga, seconds to maybe 2ga or 4, and the third to a 6ga or 8ga.

Pics related:

all gauges. so v. sorry for the messy desk. xD 20ga; standard, 18ga; curved barbell, 16ga; cbr, 14ga;curved barbell, 12ga; electric blue pinchers, 10ga; black and white pinchers 8ga; green pinchers, ????ga; marble-like plugs

Left side with 3 earrings: 8ga pinchers, 14ga barbell and a 16ga curved barbell INB4: LOLOLOL I CAN SEE UR FACE!!1

Right side with two earrings: 8ga pincher, and a 14ga barbell

^ Never would I stretch past a 00 gauge. I personally don't like huge ones. I just like the look a small gauge plug gives.

I've done a lot of research, so I know what to do correctly. Some people said you shouldn't get acylics from hot topic because they have a higher chance of infection. But if it's working for you, I guess thats alright xD My mom doesn't understand how big it will be, although I showed her pictures. She is kind of against it, but my best friend is stretching hers. I use her as an example haha. Also, people said if they take their plugs out for a few hours they shink up a bit. So some obviously aren't permanent. And I realize that there is going to be a hole in my ear. I realize I can't wear "normal sized" earrings. I personally like the look of plugs better...

Random, this has alot of plugs and tapers that are really cool designed. Some are kinda expensive, and you have to buy them online, but you should check them out o:

^ Never would I stretch past a 00 gauge. I personally don't like huge ones. I just like the look a small gauge plug gives.I've done a lot of research, so I know what to do correctly. Some people said you shouldn't get acylics from hot topic because they have a higher chance of infection. But if it's working for you, I guess thats alright xD My mom doesn't understand how big it will be, although I showed her pictures. She is kind of against it, but my best friend is stretching hers. I use her as an example haha. Also, people said if they take their plugs out for a few hours they shink up a bit. So some obviously aren't permanent. And I realize that there is going to be a hole in my ear. I realize I can't wear "normal sized" earrings. I personally like the look of plugs better...

Random, this has alot of plugs and tapers that are really cool designed. Some are kinda expensive, and you have to buy them online, but you should check them out o:
Well,it's what your body reacts best to. If you get an infection with acrylics, don't use em. xDD I mean, find something you like.:) I like acrylics because they don't infect me and they look really cute.

I like pinchers myself. I rarely wear plugs, unless if I feel like it (I used to wear them to bed, but I actually found out awhile ago it's okay to sleep with pinchers in.. xDD). But plugs are pretty cool looking. Especially the stone ones. V. pretty, but they're VERY expensive... Like on some websites, they're $100. o.o OH MY GOD.(Not stone, but still very cute)

And for wearing 'normal' sized earrings, you can have a plug, then put a dangly earring underneath, but I dunno how that would look. o.o

And thanks for the website. I was actually gonna ask my dad to buy me a pair from there a few days ago! :angry: These. Maybe I should ask him for these.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lot. I do prefer more simple ones though. Right now I'm into theses dangles, each with a different color crystal on the bottom. I have four pairs, in purple, pink, green, and blue.

ATM:

Left:

Maroon six gauge pincher (Pics later?)

White straight 14 gauge barbell

16ga circular

Right:

Maroon six gauge pincher

Metal straight 14 ga barbell

Now I have..

-A diamond stud in my first earlobe hole

-A sliver peace sign in my second earlobe hole

Edit: typo