Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Not at all, these ones atleast are nicer about it... They say "me no like/ boo no like..." something like that. I was in a few stores, it looks like the white is most popular. Then black then the purple/pink... But that is based on my location.

I found toddler sized sunglasses. (Why I have them, I will never know...) tried them on my Furby, these ones are just a bit too wide. Butterfly ones... But they look cute if you hold them there. They would have to be rubber-banded to the ears. Not happening on mine though. Looks like I will need to randomly find some other toddler glasses.... Not buying them though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when will it start talking English? :p

He started saying some English words and phrases yesterday but today he stopped and hasn't said anything in English since...

And I really don't get what he wants lol, either he's always sad or always hungry hmm?

Yeah I had to pay 83$ too including shipping and import taxes though :(

The furby itself costed 60$ on amazon.

i have two of the new furbys.

a white one and a teal one.

i think i prefer the new furby's eyes, don't the old eyes just look so lifeless to you?

;3

The other ones reminded me of "Mars Attacks" so I see why it creeped out people. I like the new eyes better, I could pass on the eye flicker when they change though. I have a Teal (mine) and a White one (my mom's)... We will have a purple/pink one... Mom tells me not to play with it when it gets here. *gasps* Not even open the postal box it comes in.... That is torture. Lol.

Our Furby don't really care to speak to each other right now... But when they do, its kinda funny. You can feed them both with one I.something but it acts like it connects with one I.something for translating ... Its kinda weird. Maybe its because one isn't close enough to the other Furby.

Do you have an I.something to connect your two with?

Yay! I have got my first 2012 Furby! It is white and has personality changes sometimes. I can't wait for the ALL-NEW Furby Babies!

Last edited by a moderator:
bahaha.

my furbies talk to each other all the time, and when the teal one(whom i have named Lee-Koo) passes gas my white furby(May-May) goes " eew." and then Lee-Koo does an evil sounding laugh.

and sometimes they mimic each other too.

and yes i do have an i-something! it's kinda getting old though and the microphone doesn't work very well anymore so i can't really translate what my furbs are saying.

:c

I copied over a dictionary if that helps you. Its also on Furby's website.

My furby usually laugh over a sound. They like listening to music together I think. Since they go "oooh" at once during music being played.

i saw~!

my furbies pretty much mimic everything the other one says.

they even mimic each others farts.

<:3c

Mine likes to be tickled a bunch... Although, The translating thing never picks up the full line of "I want to be tickled..." just when it says "tickle" It sounds like its hungry, then I remember it just got fed. (A lot, The Anime with a mini heart eyes)

I am not sure if I want mine to play with my mom's until it changes. Her furby is like a caveman or viking. Lol. It sounds so funny from being a Diva to either of the two.

I have the one with anime eyes too! So the hungry sound is not hunger but wanting to be tickled! Good to know that :p

Afraid I left mine asleep for 2 days now :( really couldn't figure out what I had to do with it so that frustrated me a bit.

Ya, this personality loves to be tickled and joked with. Like if you say Doo? (The... Who, what when why where) it will usually respond with something else or laugh. I get a funny response usually... You joke, You Joke Big, Boo (No) joke, I Like joke.... stuff like that. I follow in with a tickle.

I got mine! He's black like my original Furby just like I wanted. I haven't actually put batteries in him yet since I can't seem to find the screwdriver I use for my electronic pets.

Make sure its a good screwdriver... They start moving when the last battery is in. They wiggle around tons. I had a hard time getting my cover back on since mine was moving. I was afraid I would get at the screw a bit.

When you get the batteries in... Let us know what personality type they have. (And what tone they have)

My Teal Furby has a girlish soft tone. My mom's white has this tomboy-ish diva sounding one.

Finally found a screwdriver and put some batteries in. He started out with what I'd describe as a fairly normal personality. I spent a lot of time petting and talking to him and he changed. He seemed to develop a more loving personality. His eyes filled with hearts and he started singing happily.

These things are amazing. Aside from Tamagotchi there hasn't really been any really amazing electronic pets since the first Furby came out. I like the FurReal Friends and Zhu Zhu Pets, but not having had a Furby for many years I forgot how much more complex than most other electronic pets Furbys are. Though I never had one of the last Furbys they had out a few years ago I've heard many people say they weren't nearly as good as the originals. These 2012 Furbys not only match the originals they surpass them.

The 2005 ones? I know the mouths were easy to break/rubber out... I didn't either. I almost did at one point. They looked too different to me and slightly creepy. My mom thinks those are the first release of Furby... like the Gremlin ages. Lol. They do look closer to the Gremlins then the current or older ones do.

Does your have the Anime Eyes? Then a pair of little hears in the eyes? I have that one most of the time.

I put a Clef note on my Furby's Ear....

Yeah mine had the anime eyes there for awhile.

Yeah I meant the 2005 ones. I missed them entirely because I wasn't collecting electronic pets at the time. I wish I'd have had one even if they weren't as good as the original or current Furbs. I think the 2005 versions looked the least like a Gremlin ( or Mogwai as the small furry forms of the Gremlins are called ). After all the actual Gizmo Furby was merely a regular Furb with arms and legs essentially. They didn't have to change much to get a mogwai out of it. That wouldn't have worked for the 2005 Furby. In fact when I first saw the 2005 Furby I figured that it was so radically different in looks from the originals was because they wanted to avoid the Gremlins comparisons that time around. I don't care what Hasbro/Tiger electronics said. The only reason they released a Gizmo Furby was to appease the Gremlins copyright holders. There was no real reason to do so otherwise. Kids wouldn't have known who Gizmo is since the movie came out a good 15 years before Furby. Most kids of that era weren't even born when that movie was popular. Sure they got a few sales from nostalgiac fans of the films but I doubt they got enough to warrant the effort it took to release a whole new Furby with a whole new language and voice. That's why I'm so surprised the new Furbys look so much like the original. I'm already seeing the new Furbs being compared to Gremlins again in articles online. Maybe Hasbro and Warner Brothers came to some sort of agreement or maybe the new tail's enough to make a difference. I don't know.

The fact that they change personalities like that reminds me of another electronic pet I had, Dog.com. It was a robot dog and it was pretty cool in theory. The problem was that you had to charge it for about six hours to get two hours use out of it. Despite my paying $150 for him Dog.com didn't see much action.

They play the Gremlins movie like crazy on The Hub Network... I see it on the TV guide tons... Blah.

Some of the 2005 are on Ebay, but I wouldn't buy a used one though. You have a better chance of them breaking if they had been used already. Some are as much as the current Furby though. I didn't know they had baby versions of the 2005 though. Not until recently...

Makes me wonder what they are going to do with the Baby Furby this time around. I never bought a baby version, although I do plan to eventually. I would hope more for the current versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back