Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've discovered another personality but I don't know what type.

I just set Furby in front of my computer speakers while watching a movie, and it constantly answers back, thinking it was talking to it, and it changed personality. The only thing I've noticed so far is that it's not very talkative, and it always says "oh... okay!" whenever I try to pet it on the head. Maybe the eyes could give you a clue, I'll take a picture when I get home and post it here.

Sounds like mine when the application is on or its chatting with Jelly or Yeti. Mine is currently the anime eyes. But there is a more standard personality with basic shaped eyes. Kinda like a cats, but smaller and less defined.

I don't have one, but I've seen videos of it. It seems cool (and A LOT less freakier than the big Furby's from 2005) but all of them sound like The Sims, which is really funny!

From what I've read the 2005 Furby was pretty much a flop. I can kind of see why. Instead of improving on the original it seemed to take a big step backward. They added voice recognition but from what I've heard it got fairly repetitive. Everyone I've spoken to who owned one said they were a dissapointment. As much as I liked things like FurReal Friends and Zhu Zhu Pets there hasn't really been a robotic pet that tops the original Furby. That is unless you count super expensive bots like Aibo or Pleo. I don't because it's not a fair comparison. Of course a robot costing anywhere from $500 to $2500 is going to be better than one costing $30-$100.

But 2012 Furby is a worthy successor to 1998 Furby. But the fact that they didn't really incorporate any aspects of 2005 Furby into 2012 Furby kind of shows that 2005 Furby wasn't that great.

Well, looks like my husband bought me an early Christmas gift and little "Tablue/Taboo" (It's the teal/blue one, I just call it that because that's what it's called on the receipt) is sleeping next to me. Right now, I believe it is the Diva personality and she/he loves to go "Blah, blah, blah..." a lot. I haven't discovered any new ones because my son thinks it's his and he's really possessive. lol.

Oh man, I've always wanted a Furby! I'm actually pretty excited that they've started selling them again. :) I doubt I'll bother getting one anytime soon, but maybe one day. :p

My little brother's apparently getting it for Christmas or something

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Furby Babies announced at Toy Fair early next year. I'd also like to see them use Furby technology to introduce new creatures the way they did with original Furby in creating Gizmo, Shelby, Yoda and ET.

I got my daughter one for her 11th birthday, but I was kind of disappointed with the personalities changing so fast. I was expecting it to evolve it's personality similar to a tamagotchi. My daughter played with it for a few days and now hasn't touched it. I put it into the baby personality since my wife likes it best. My daughter liked the evil personality.

New Furby??!!

I am just hearing of this now! I used to love those thingss.

*stares at dead broken baby Furby on wallshelf OnO*

I think my Furby's got a glitch.

Whenever it is on a crazy personality, it randomly "reboots" itself. The backlight on its eyes suddenly turns off and he starts behaving like he just woke up. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Not on new Furby but I had a similar problem with the ET Furby that came out alongside the original Furby back in 2000. Whenever he would lift his head he would reset himself and go back to his earliest stage before he started speaking english. I had about ten of them and all of them would do that. I hope that isn't going to be a problem with 2012 Furby. Has your Furby started speaking english? If he has and doesn't revert back to speaking nothing but Furbish when he reboots it's probably not the same problem I had with ET.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yes I am using the 2012 Furby, and just as I have mentioned above... the backlight on its LCD eyes would just spontaneously turn off, it blinks its eyelids and then acts like it just woke up. But it only happens whenever it is in a Crazy Furby mode. It happens randomly so I can't tell what specific actions cause it to "reboot".

It still speaks very few English words and more Furbish. I have it for about 2 weeks now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. My lot have all done the fake sleep at least once. Its possible its letting you know its about to sleep or you aren't very active. Mine starts doing that when I am not playing with it much.

It's different from the part that it says, "me sleepy" and starts to doze off.

This one's very random, even while at the middle of its talking or movement, its eyes just suddenly turns off, does a few snores then it wakes up and yawns, which is interesting because it was already awake.

Ya, I know what you are talking about. Just turning off in the middle of something. Mine do that. I wouldn't be for sure what they would be doing but my guess is the processor inside is having a moment.

Ya, I know what you are talking about. Just turning off in the middle of something. Mine do that. I wouldn't be for sure what they would be doing but my guess is the processor inside is having a moment.
Whew, so I wasn't the only one experiencing that quirk. In which personality of your Furby do you encounter this glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back