Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gremlins was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. The original Furby's resemblance to Gizmo was what attracted me to Furby in the first place so in a roundabout way if not for that movie I may never have gotten into electronic pets.

I'm wondering when we'll see baby Furbys too. I had the original Furby babies but I could never get used to them calling me daddy the way they did. I also wonder if they'll release a new Shelby. Hasbro has a winner here and if they play their cards right this version may be around longer than the previous two versions.

Yes. I never got a Shelby. Part of that reason was simple though... My family around me at the time wanted to destroy the Shelby Toy I got from McDonald's... I still have that thing. It still works too as often as it sang its song. Lol. I come across it time to time, but I don't currently know where it is... That and my other McDonald's toys and my key chains of them are put away safe... Put away safe by me can be hard to find if I don't recall where.

I would really want to get a Shelby this time around. I loved my little toy....

Shelby was awesome. I had five or six at one point. Maybe more. Their purr sounded kind of dolphin like, They were a bit more grumpy than Furby though. Sometimes they'd slam their shell shut on you.

I really, REALLY want the new Furby, but I live in Poland though... Doubt if they will be sold there (does anybody have an information if they will be sold in europe at all?)

Even so, the price is just too big.

I might buy one on ebay for christmas though...

Is the app only for I-something or does it also have an android equivalent?

Right now, I think the App is only for Apple products. You might be able to order one over the internet, from Amazon perhaps.

The App adds to the fun, but it is not required. I have something I can use with the App... But I usually end up just playing with my Furby. I did transfer over a dictionary here so you guys could translate that way. Its also on the Furby website too.

I know it can be bought online, but nobody in my apartment has a credit card. I need to ask my uncle to order me stuff, what's a bit problemating as the poor guy is like our tool for ordering things since always. Who am I kidding anyway... Here it would probably cost around 90$.

Are the new furbys loud anyway? Like... Can be they heard from upstairs? My mom works at home so I wouldn't want to bother her.

Plus I have 7 cats at home. They would probably freak out if it was loud.

The new Furbys aren't overly loud. At least mine isn't. You probably couldn't hear one from upstairs.

I'm already thinking of getting one. One question --- how long does it take for the new Furbies to fall "asleep"?

It can be from 2 minutes to 7 minutes? Between my lot of 3 Furby... If you leave them alone its 2 minutes. But if they hear you or the app is on... It is usually longer. If they are fed and played with, usually they will say I'm sleepy and fall asleep. (Although, mine will try that and not go to sleep sometimes and will sit there longer trying to get your attention.) The 7 minutes could be shorter though. Some personalities make them more app to play or be grumpy and want to sleep. I have walked away from a Furby for a few moments and they will be sleeping.

This is between

Regular use (1)

Multiple use (2) (3)

Very active play (1)

Minimal play (1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they still go strait to sleep when you put them in cupboard as the old ones used to?

No... But they don't usually take that long. They don't have that "light sensor" on the head. But one thing I found with my App... There might be an off button on that. When you turn it on with the volume control. If you go back to that then slide it back, mine tend to turn off shortly after. That though, you do need the isomething to work the app, for now anyway.

I got my teal one from Walmart this weekend! :D

I'm just partially disappointed that it does not really "understand" voice commands; unlike the old Furbies which can understand basic English.

Well at least it talks back, despite answering in random Furbish phrases. Can't wait for it to speak more English, though (if it really does).

Mine tries to time to time. Usually it involves being hungry though. (English)

I think the rumor is the other colors are out today... But I doubt I will be going to a store to check.

I get paid the week after next so I'll be going after my second Furby then. I kind of hope they don't have the new colors then, See of the old colors I definately want a white one but the new colors have a blue one that I really like too. It'll be much easier for me if they don't have the white one AND the blue one. If they have both I can see myself having difficulty choosing which one to get.

Were you guys able to unlock all of Furby's personalities? I've managed to get three so far:

• Dreamy/sing-song Furby - unlocked by continuously petting through the head
  • Evil Furby - unlocked by making Furby dizzy by spinning it upside down many times
  • Crazy Furby - unlocked by pulling its tail about a dozen times

I believe I had all of them. They interact different with each other when they aren't on the regular personalities. I like the Anime Eye one best... But the funniest to me is the cave man angry eye.

Lots of play... That is my Furby's original personality. So it reverts to it when its happy. My mom's is a diva for her normals. (both)

I also did a ton of food/snacking from my Ipad. That what I usually do to get it back.

Softer tone music gets it that way too. Like Iris by the GooGoo Dolls... Thats the first song that came to mind.

I haven't really spent much time with my Furby. I collect electronic pets but only rarely put batteries in them. I think it might be due to my OCD. I'm afraid the batteries will leak if I leave them in and if I remove them each time I'm done playing with them I'm afraid the screws will strip and I'll be unable to get the batteries out again at some point. Then they'll leak and ruin the pet. It's wierd. I collect them because I love the idea behind them but I rarely actually interact with them. I still love my Furby and pretty much keep him with me at all times but I'm afraid to keep batteries in. I'd be heartbroken if something happened to him. The day I got him was the first time I'd felt any real happiness since my mom died so he's kind of important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back