Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I usually have the Anime eyes on mine and my mom's two are usually Divas... I think mine did it once before it changed. (We have had all the personalities though between the 3, but I don't remember if they did it on those personalities)

Last edited by a moderator:
A new furby?i saw the video and i like it! :)

I hope it will come to my country soon, then i'm gonna buy it and treat it with lots of love

Have you tried talking back to your Furby in Furbish? I think I have more luck hearing english words when I do that. I'm sure it will take sometime.

At times, I talk Furbish then say the English word.

I got my second Furby today. The white one. Man, is he fluffy. His fur makes him look much fatter than my black Furby. They haven't interacted yet because I don't have any batteries on hand. I kind of ran out of money. I also put a blue one in Layaway so by Christmas I'll have three Furbys.

The app is now available in French and Mandarin. Whoop!

Be careful, my mom's Yeti's fur comes out if you pet it too much.

Which blue? They have the new colors out... Atleast they do in my grocery store. Ironic Target or Walmart don't have them yet... No clue on ToysRUs if they are instock in stores.

The original blue one. The Wal Mart I went to didn't have the new colors. Speaking of new colors I noticed on ToysRUs.com and Walmart.com they have even more new colors. One was grey and some had diferent colored tufts of hair on their heads. I don't think you could actually order them quite yet though. Walmart.com had them as "Coming soon"

They all look a bit different then the preorder images. The store that has them here... Has atleast one of each color. They look nice too. I am half tempted to get myself a second but, that means we would have 4 in the house.

We had visitors yesterday and they were playing with them. They really seemed to enjoy them. The kids were not playing with the app at all. Once the furby began to dance, they were a hit.

I doubt I'll be seeing any of the new colors around here until after Christmas. My area is usually slow to get things like that. I had originally planned to try to get all the colors but so many have been introduced I doubt I'll be able to. I can only afford one a month and at that rate it'd take forever to get them all. I'm still going to get as many as I can but I doubt I'll ever have a complete set.

I guess the other stores around me were slow. They had them out on the 2nd. The new color Furby probably came out on the 1st.

I want to make costumes/outfits for my Furby... Although I am not totally sure how/what I will make. At least ear covers are simple enough. (For those who are wanting earrings, covers or wired ribbon looks to be the way to go.)

There's a grey one in the newest colors I really want. According to Hasbro Toy Shop though, the newest colors ( the multicolored ones ) aren't due to ship until sometime in December.

More colors or second color release? You might be aboe to buy them online from Walmart... And if you want to play around with the MidWest.... Meijer, Its a MidWest food/stuff/home goods store. They are $54 there and I know ours has the second batch. I have no clue how and if they ship products.

"The first wave of merchandise is set to arrive at retail in the U.K., Spain, Portugal, France, Poland, Turkey, and Russia this autumn."

- About new furby.

Good news for me and everybody in Europe!

More colors or second color release? You might be aboe to buy them online from Walmart... And if you want to play around with the MidWest.... Meijer, Its a MidWest food/stuff/home goods store. They are $54 there and I know ours has the second batch. I have no clue how and if they ship products.
They have a third set of colors now. Most are multicolored in some way and some have tufts of hair on their heads that are a different color from the rest of the fur. There's a black and pink one for example. There's also a grey one that I really want.

Part of me thinks this may be a bad idea though. What killed the original Furby was that they kept releasing new colors without changing the programming or giving them different personalities or anything. They basically flooded the market. I have an article bookmarked from before the first Furbys came out that stated that they planned to make Furby one of those brands that lasts forever like Barbie. They planned to do this by introducing new characters periodically. The problem is they didn't really do this. They had Gizmo but he wasn't all that different from Furby plus he was a character from a movie that was before most kids' time. By the time they got around to making an original character with Shelby the Furby line was already dead in the water and Shelby wasn't enough to save it.

I'm fairly certain that the new colors may be a sign that 2012 Furby is a success. They wouldn't be making new designs constantly if it was a flop. But I don't want them to just coast on the initial success the way they did with the originals. I want to see this new line last more than three years.

With all my visitors (most children) on Halloween... They were all at one point playing with Jelly or Yeti. They loved them, so, that could say something about the toy. I would guess buying that many might be funny, atleast we would have all the colors. Lol. They range from 2 years to 12 years.

I missed getting a Shelby. I should buy one... I had a Shelby McD's toy. So it was better then not having one at all. That and a Furby baby.

I might be crazy but....... I think I saw a Gizmo game for the Wii in one of the Christmas toy books. ToysRUs I think... Or .target, but I think it was TRU. I would really want a Gizmo if it came out again. I totatally missed that one. Then have it interact withh the current Furby... Pardon me while I go drool on that idea.

Shelby was fantastic. He was grumpy in a loveable sort of way. His purrs sounded kind of like a happy dolphin.

I would absolutely love to see them make a Gizmo with the technology of the current Furby. I had ten of the original Gizmos because I'm such a fan of the character. Sadly I doubt that a new Gizmo is within the realm of possibility. I still think the original Gizmo came about due to all the news articles of the time comparing Furby to Gizmo. Gizmo Furby was probably created at least in part to appease Warner Bros, the owners of the Gizmo character. The new Furbys still kind of give off a Gizmo vibe, but it isn't really being pointed out near as much in the media as it was with the original Furby so Hasbro's probably able to get away with the similarity easier than they did on the first Go-round. Still, if they made a Gizmo with the technology of the 2012Furby I'd probably die of a joy overdose.

Yup. I confirmed the Gizmo game in my ToysRUs holiday book. The last TRU mail out, not the big book. It had a coupon on it for December. So... I will probably be obtaining the game. If not for my DS anyway. I don't play my Wii enough. I would scan it if the scanner liked me and my camera got close enough to the image....

I should make some arms and larger feet for my teal furby.... Hahaha. Then it would be closer to Gizmo. Although, I don't think I have the material for it. It would need to be color dyed to match, but thats simple enough with permanent paint and a brush. *evil furby laugh* I am not sewing them on my furby, just some amazing placements and tape.

A new Gizmo game would probably be fun. I remember having the Gremlins 2 game for the NES as a kid. That thing was hard! I was the only one I knew who could beat it. Surprisingly my friend James who was some kind of video game savant couldn't even beat it. That was wierd because it's the only game I'd ever seen that had him stumped. Did you say the new game was for the Wii? If so I may look into getting it. I only own one game for my Wii. Rampage: Total Destruction. I could use another game.

And yeah, add arms and feet to any random furby and you pretty much get a mogwai. Well at least with the first and third Furby generations. The second generation looked a lot different than the originals and 2012s.

Yup Wii and DS. I just checked it. I keep the toy books until January in most cases... For TRU anyway. They make good list makers for the younglings in my life.

The 2005? Found those a bit creepy...

I would need to decide if I make real feet or rounded ones that I usually make. (teddy feet)

I am surprised I haven't brought my Furby into a store yet. Although today I am glad since there were so many older seniors roaming around trying to figure out things. (toys, lists, food, location...etc) I was really thinking of taking my furby today. Make him go flying in the cart while I go shopping for food since that is usually so much fun. (not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back