Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh! I've just started today. No pain though... Well atleast it started when I was at home. xDD It didnt actually hurt though. Its crazy, my wholes pants was full of blood and they say it will only start off as a teaspoon of blood. Yeah right. Well how long will it go on for anyway? Like a week?

Uh! I've just started today. No pain though... Well atleast it started when I was at home. xDD It didnt actually hurt though. Its crazy, my wholes pants was full of blood and they say it will only start off as a teaspoon of blood. Yeah right. Well how long will it go on for anyway? Like a week?
5-6 days is around average but anything from 2-10 days is possible

but if your periods haven't settled into a cycle it can vary each time.

Omgosh! :D Congratulations~!

Lol, that may sound a little strange to say, but still. A women having her period is always an important thing in her life. ^-^"

Lol, I remember when I first started my period. O.O"(Cough~Year ago~)

I was having a mini cramp and I had to go to the bathroom. Then I saw my underwear had blood in it. I was soooo~ happy I put on a pad and started dancing and doing silent happy screams in the bathroom. xD~! lmao. Yes I'm weird like that. :) ~♥

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I remember this topic from a llloooonnnngggg time ago (I was under a different username back then). Yes, I've started my period, and it's an annoyance. A lot of people say the cramps are torture, but they're not that bad. The worst part is leaks. And I have to use pads because I just can't get the tampons in! I've tried several times. Ah well. Anyway, I don't know if it's hereditary (my mom says her cramps are like nonexistent practically) or people just can't stand pain (which is unlikely because I usually can't stand pain either) or they just overreact.

P.S. My periods are shorter than most peoples', they're only like 3-4 days unless you count when it's so light I don't even need a lightdays pad.

Oh, by the way, something interesting is that people who are around each other alot (such as roommates, mothers and sisters) tend to have their perion at the same time, even if you're not related. Freaky, huh?

OMG please help! I've just found out I must have started my period ages ago and did not know because theres non stop bleeding in my pants. Now my mum suggests for me to wear a tampon but I dont know how to do it with out the painfulness!

OMG please help! I've just found out I must have started my period ages ago and did not know because theres non stop bleeding in my pants. Now my mum suggests for me to wear a tampon but I dont know how to do it with out the painfulness!
I won't hurt don't worry tampons have an instruction leaflet in the box.

I think I've started mine... Today.

I came home from school and there was loads of blood...

I have NEVER had stomach cramps, ever, so is this my period?

I'm really scared. :D

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX
I guess it probably is :(

When you say "loads of blood" ... an exaggeration? or did you tell your Mum and call an Ambulance?

There's normally a kind of leaking feeling every few minutes - or less, but you don't usually get a constant flow of blood non stop like you would from a deep cut.

Even if you've never had stomach cramps, have you noticed that you've had discharge (pale colour) over the past few months? That's also an indicator of the onset of your first period.

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX
Gosh was I like that yesterday! Yes that must be your period. Dont be scared though. You wont be able to sleep unless you use a tampon (Still dont have the nerve to use one *Gulps*". Uh I stayed of school because of mine! I leaked every where and we couldnt find right pads. >..<

I guess it probably is :(
When you say "loads of blood" ... an exaggeration? or did you tell your Mum and call an Ambulance?

There's normally a kind of leaking feeling every few minutes - or less, but you don't usually get a constant flow of blood non stop like you would from a deep cut.

Even if you've never had stomach cramps, have you noticed that you've had discharge (pale colour) over the past few months? That's also an indicator of the onset of your first period.
Sorry! Loads of blood was an exageration :D

I don't have a leaking feeling... And I've had discharge for quite a long time now. :D

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

Sorry! Loads of blood was an exageration :(
I don't have a leaking feeling... And I've had discharge for quite a long time now. :D

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX
Was it about a teaspoon or more?

I think it's a little more than a teaspoon.
~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX
Okay, You have certainly started. Have you told your mum yet? I hope you find what you need. I couldnt find right pads for me with out them leaking and I dont really want to take sanatry towels to school.

Okay, You have certainly started. Have you told your mum yet? I hope you find what you need. I couldnt find right pads for me with out them leaking and I dont really want to take sanatry towels to school.
Great! :furawatchi: Any tips?

I'm about to tell my Mum, but my little sister is nearby. >.>

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

... You wont be able to sleep unless you use a tampon (Still dont have the nerve to use one *Gulps*". ...
That's strange. Maybe it's just your own experience, but thousands of women sleep at night without using a tampon. They just use thicker, night time pads, that's all.

In fact some women never use tampons at all, they just don't like them and always use a pad. It might be a little more uncomfortable to wear a pad, but you get used to it pretty quickly - like when you wore your first bra - you get used to it.

I didn't start using tampons until a year or two after I started, mainly because I just found it easier to manage with a pad. Took me a while to learn to use a tampon, so don't be nervous.

The more stressed about it you are, the more difficult it seems (and more uncomfortable) :furawatchi:

Great! :furawatchi: Any tips?
I'm about to tell my Mum, but my little sister is nearby. >.>

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX
Good luck!

Well my tip is wear a tampon. I'm really scared putting one in (The tampon is small and i'm scared its gonna get lost inside me :furawatchi: ). I'm wearing a sanatry towel at the moment but theres one which are ment for heavy periods (Which are actually thin) but doesnt work, it just leaks.

That's strange. Maybe it's just your own experience, but thousands of women sleep at night without using a tampon. They just use thicker, night time pads, that's all.
In fact some women never use tampons at all, they just don't like them and always use a pad. It might be a little more uncomfortable to wear a pad, but you get used to it pretty quickly - like when you wore your first bra - you get used to it.

I didn't start using tampons until a year or two after I started, mainly because I just found it easier to manage with a pad. Took me a while to learn to use a tampon, so don't be nervous.

The more stressed about it you are, the more difficult it seems (and more uncomfortable) :furawatchi:
Really? I'm actually shocked. My bed had blood everywhere. :furawatchi: I was wearing a really thick pad aswell.

Really? I'm actually shocked. My bed had blood everywhere. :( I was wearing a really thick pad aswell.
Leaks are horrible, I know. Your flow slows down a little whilst you are asleep but gravity still works whilst you're lying down, so leaks are inevitable. I think you just learn (subconciously) over time to sleep in a position that keeps the leaks to a minimum, like on your stomach for example. Everyone who wears a pad at night gets leaks from time to time :(

I was just concerned that girls might get the wrong idea and think that during their period it is physically impossible to sleep unless they wear a tampon, which is not true.

As for your other worries, most women find tampons more comfortable to use, but I think most women had to "learn" to insert them - probably with several failed attempts! It took me a few months I seem to remember ;)

Tampons can't get lost inside you, honest!

I'm sorry if it's a sensitive subject for some members, but you're putting a tampon into an enclosed area - there's no where for them to go (except back out at the same place they went in). Plus the fact that the string stays outside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back