Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how some girls' periods give cramps/pains and some don't.

I don't hurt whatsoever when I get mine.

But I know a girl whose back would kill her so much she'd walk around the house crying.

Every single time she had her "time of month".

& the pain killers didn't work. She had to stop going to work for 5 days, every month.

I'm glad I'm not like that.

I've never tried using a tampon. ;)

Pads are really annoying.

When you're heavy, it feels like you've got a towel in between your legs.

Ick. :eek:

I've just started on Monday. Super scary as I didn't really realize it untill it got heavy on Tuesday.

Is there a difference between scented and non-scented pads?

Some people believe that scented pads keep down any odor. Personally I am not sure, I keep away from scented things because I know perfumes are generally not good for your vaginal health. Im sure that scented pads and tampons are safe though, because that wouldnt make much sense if they werent! ;)

Some people believe that scented pads keep down any odor. Personally I am not sure, I keep away from scented things because I know perfumes are generally not good for your vaginal health. Im sure that scented pads and tampons are safe though, because that wouldnt make much sense if they werent! ;)
i love those!

anyways...ehem....yes i do :0

AND I HATE IT!!!!

I had the warning signs mine was on the way but it took a long time of mild spotting before it decided to go in full force one day during day camp.
well that musta been awkward. did you bleed through? where'd you get pads?

I'm worried that I'll start during school, and especially that I'll bleed heavily. but thank god our nurse is really nice, and she keeps a big stock of pads and you can go get some any time you need 'em.

well that musta been awkward. did you bleed through? where'd you get pads?I'm worried that I'll start during school, and especially that I'll bleed heavily. but thank god our nurse is really nice, and she keeps a big stock of pads and you can go get some any time you need 'em.
I did bleed, but luckily not enough to stain my pants or anything, but it did my underwear though. I told one of the female helpers at the Day Camp thing and she had a pad in case of times like that so no problem there ;D

After that in school I kept few pads with me during the day in my locker. Later on I'd keep tampons with me in my pockets in case of any emergencies.

I had mine(yet again) yesterday. But the bad thing is I am going down the coast tomorrow, its a two hour drive and I dont use tampons. So I cant swim, boo.

I hate periods. I got mine when I was 11. I was hoping 2 get them soon, thinking it would make me more grown-up, but it didn't. It just sucks. I got my first one at a sleepover. I have loads of boys as friends (not boyfriends!) and it was at one of their houses. It was in the middle of the night, while everyone else was asleep. It had seeped through onto his sleeping bag, and I was like "s***!" and woke everyone up. It was soooooooo embarressing, but the only one who noticed was the one hosting the sleepover (Jake). Everyone else fell asleep again! He was really nice about it though, and didn't make fun of me like I thought he would. I don't think he actually knew it was my period! I had a scar on my arm at the time, and I think he thought the scar was bleeding again! He told me where the bandages were in the bathroom and told me 2 help myself. The pads were in the same cupboard, so I took one of them instead!

I was actually terrified I would get my first one in the swimming pool! Random, I know!

tama*chic*101

I had mine(yet again) yesterday. But the bad thing is I am going down the coast tomorrow, its a two hour drive and I dont use tampons. So I cant swim, boo.
Ya I never swim when im in my period too :/

Even if I did wear tampons, I still wouldnt.

I prolly wouldn't swim either... I dunno. It seems like it would be kind of uncomortable, with our without tampons. especially if you have bad cramps.

I stayed home from school today due to the most painful cramps I've ever had.

Anyways I never swim either. I tried to use a tampon before when my dad came down because we rented a hotel room with a pool, but it wouldn't like, stay in. It was VERY uncomfortable trying to use it too.

Once you get used to tampons there is no going back. :p

Swimming can be scary the first couple times. Dont know what is going to happen. Imagine if it fell out! But as long as it is in there correctly you dont need to worry about leaks or it coming out. Unless it has been in a while, you would then need to change it. Tampons can be a little tricky in that you have to know your flow pretty well because you can't check to see if it is full or not.

omg i need help too! i just posted another one of these topics and i ddint know that there was one like this! im so sorry! i'll lock it or shut it down or whatever! but i need help as well i am ttly lost and i am scared out of my mind!

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE, DOES IT HURT, WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT, HOW DO I HANDEL IT, WHAT DO I USE! Im almost 13 and i dont have it yet. what are some signs as well?

omg i need help too! i just posted another one of these topics and i ddint know that there was one like this! im so sorry! i'll lock it or shut it down or whatever! but i need help as well i am ttly lost and i am scared out of my mind!
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE, DOES IT HURT, WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT, HOW DO I HANDEL IT, WHAT DO I USE! Im almost 13 and i dont have it yet. what are some signs as well?
Oaky- chill out. It sounds scary now but it's really not that bad once you get it. ;]

Now, you aren't "abnormal" and need to be rushed to the doctor right away. I'm 14 and still have not gotten in yet.

What does it look like? Red ish brownish liquid will appear on your panties. No, you aren't going to die from blood lose. It's really not that much.

Does it hurt? No although you may get slight to mild cramps but you can take a simple pain reliever to help with that. If they are more severe, a doctor can subscribe you something more powerful to help.

How do you handle it? First off, tell the parent you are most comfortable with. Usually girls go to their mom but sometimes to their dad if they feel more comfortable with him or do not have relations with their mom. She's been through it and it's not biggie for her. She can help you sort it all out.

What to use? Start out with pads. Some prefer tampon and they are more convienent for most people but not everyone is comfortable with them. If you want more 'freedom', if you will, try a tampon. You can swim in them, less noticable personally but you have to get used to them.

Don't frett- it really isn't that bad. :]

I got it when I was almost 13, It sucks for me. The cramps aren't soo bad, but I get really weird cravings and I also get diarrhea (WTH?) and gain weight and bloat up like a puffer fish. But only for about a week, then it's over, and comes back in a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I've discharged abooooouutt..... for 18 months, weird how I havent got it yet. xD

I'll probably get it around....this month, next, or on my birthday in April. I have nooo idea. xD

OMG, She's lyk, totally here! ITS,

~SG~ xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back