Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. Lol

I just had the health talk at my school today... Not pretty! :(

Last year in 4th grade they had a video where a girl went to her friends on a camping trip with her friend's mom. Then she had her period in the middle of the night. Then she went to the mom and the mom made a vagina out of the pancakes. And showed them the period cycle.

Don't worry, other people get other and different feelings... you have it within the age of 9 and 14 (usually) It stops somewhere around 50 and 60 when your body slows down and your hormaones change too.

A sign before you get your period could be hormonal changes or hair in the armpits or in your pubic areas. It's nothing to be scared of. It's just your body developing to be a woman. Your breasts get more deveoped and sometimes the other might not be as big as the other one. There is no telling when it will come you just have to wait your turn. And also justbecuase you have your period does mean your body may have a child PHYSICALLY but not maturley. What happens is ( I might not know all the big words ) Inside your body is tissues and blood. As your period starts the tissues and blood around the vagina area ( inside ) get larger for the egg attach. Then every month or so an egg comes around and sticks onto the blood and tissue. That's what it is protected by. For it to develop a body it must be fertilized by a man's sperm by having sex. But if that doesn't happen the egg exits out of your body and the blood coming with you ( the period ). Then It takes atleast 3 to 7 days for a half cup of blood to exit and get ready for the new egg to attach. Just because you have it or don't doesn't mean you are ranked any less or higher. what i mean is that you're no better than ANYONE depending if you have it early or late. you may even have it when your 8. Just becaus eyou have it does NOT mean that you can't swim or do activities . don't do Tampons right away because it's too early. start the pad first.

Nobody knows why hair develops though. But I will say to bathe reguarly and stay healthy. you hair and skin might get greasy so you MUST wash it to stay healty. some good books are the american girl books helpyou with thses changes. They will show diferent breast sizes and why it happens. This is no joking matter. It's very serious and if your body says it want water. GIVE it water. Stay healty! :huh:

// Tama Ice ///

p.s. i think it's called a 'period' becasue it a special PERIOD in you life. :) ( too physical? ) sorry I just wanted to explain it as well as I could! :(

Ok.. Lol
I just had the health talk at my school today... Not pretty! :furawatchi:

Last year in 4th grade they had a video where a girl went to her friends on a camping trip with her friend's mom. Then she had her period in the middle of the night. Then she went to the mom and the mom made a vagina out of the pancakes. And showed them the period cycle.

Don't worry, other people get other and different feelings... you have it within the age of 9 and 14 (usually) It stops somewhere around 50 and 60 when your body slows down and your hormaones change too.

A sign before you get your period could be hormonal changes or hair in the armpits or in your pubic areas. It's nothing to be scared of. It's just your body developing to be a woman. Your breasts get more deveoped and sometimes the other might not be as big as the other one. There is no telling when it will come you just have to wait your turn. And also justbecuase you have your period does mean your body may have a child PHYSICALLY but not maturley. What happens is ( I might not know all the big words ) Inside your body is tissues and blood. As your period starts the tissues and blood around the vagina area ( inside ) get larger for the egg attach. Then every month or so an egg comes around and sticks onto the blood and tissue. That's what it is protected by. For it to develop a body it must be fertilized by a man's sperm by having sex. But if that doesn't happen the egg exits out of your body and the blood coming with you ( the period ). Then It takes atleast 3 to 7 days for a half cup of blood to exit and get ready for the new egg to attach. Just because you have it or don't doesn't mean you are ranked any less or higher. what i mean is that you're no better than ANYONE depending if you have it early or late. you may even have it when your 8. Just becaus eyou have it does NOT mean that you can't swim or do activities . don't do Tampons right away because it's too early. start the pad first.

Nobody knows why hair develops though. But I will say to bathe reguarly and stay healthy. you hair and skin might get greasy so you MUST wash it to stay healty. some good books are the american girl books helpyou with thses changes. They will show diferent breast sizes and why it happens. This is no joking matter. It's very serious and if your body says it want water. GIVE it water. Stay healty! :furawatchi:

// Tama Ice ///

p.s. i think it's called a 'period' becasue it a special PERIOD in you life. :furawatchi: ( too physical? ) sorry I just wanted to explain it as well as I could! :furawatchi:
That is good info!!!

That is good info!!!
I agree the information is well explained and correct. That video with the vagina made out of pancakes is messed up though XD!! Although they get bonus points for being creative.

I have all the things just talked about by tama ice, but i still don't have my period!!! :blink: (maybe its because my mom didn't have it until she was 16... but my aunt had it when she was 13... im CONFUSED)

I have all the things just talked about by tama ice, but i still don't have my period!!! :blink: (maybe its because my mom didn't have it until she was 16... but my aunt had it when she was 13... im CONFUSED)
Ask your sister(s) if any when they got theirs, your cousins, and your grandmother if she's still alive. That'll give you more of a clue. If you've only had discharge for a month or two, then that might be why you haven't started yet. After having discharge for a range of 6 months to 2 years, you'll begin periods.

But trust me, you won't like them, especially the cramps and PMS (if your scared of blood too, you'll positively hate your period!)

Ask your sister(s) if any when they got theirs, your cousins, and your grandmother if she's still alive. That'll give you more of a clue. If you've only had discharge for a month or two, then that might be why you haven't started yet. After having discharge for a range of 6 months to 2 years, you'll begin periods.
But trust me, you won't like them, especially the cramps and PMS (if your scared of blood too, you'll positively hate your period!)
1. not all people get cramps

2. Everybody gets it at a DIFFERENT age :blink:

Urg i never used to get cramps till I went onto birth control. Now i get them all the time, I liked it better without cramps :blink: .

But I wouldn't of thought you'd hate your period because there was blood, it's not like your gushing out blood - It's natural.

Cramps are good for me cuz when I feel cramps I'm warned that in 10 mins. i get my period again, so for me cramps are helpful (but they still hurt :p )

I know that people get it at different ages but heredity has a big role in it. And most people get cramps (which indeed SUCK).
No, Actually, not really :p I mean you're still young there are people who know A lot more than you do... Not EVERYBODY gets cramps and not most people. but, it does happen and yes... it indeed is painful ( well, mine are , especially down in the vagina) and when I pee it hurts so bad! i have to stomp around to stop hurting the stiiiink!!!!!!

This isn't flame war, it's true, you are still young. There ARE a lot of people who know a lot than you do and baybee-x birth control?! Wow! how old are you? Also she never said you didn't get your period before!

:p

Xx-Tama Ice-xX

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that people get it at different ages but heredity has a big role in it. And most people get cramps (which indeed SUCK).
No it doesn't o.o' My mom got her period when she was 16, my sisters at 14, and I got mine at 9. Heredity isn't a big role in when you get your period.

Urg i never used to get cramps till I went onto birth control. Now i get them all the time, I liked it better without cramps :furawatchi: .
But I wouldn't of thought you'd hate your period because there was blood, it's not like your gushing out blood - It's natural.
That's odd to me that you got cramps when you started birth control. What kind are you on?

I'm on depo provera. I have about 3-4 periods a year and it's really rare I get cramps.

They do hurt when I get cramps. Boy's life is so much easier. Who agrees? Hmm.. What are you girl'sbra size?
Bra size? Lol, I wear crop tops- my shoulders are too thin for the bra yet!!! xDDD :furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back