Have Bandai just gone too far?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fun to me. I guess because I only had the V1's. Compared to V1's and V5's. V5's are WAYYYYYYY MORE FUN! I admit, the V5 does get boring sometimes but when it evolvs and things like that, I get excited and start to think this is really fun.

What I like about the V5's: Babies, Bonding, Game=Golf Putt and Shoe Pairs, Items, Dating Show, T.V shopping, Spaceship (It's funny!!!), the actions your tamagotchi does when you press the C button in the main screen, and Tama town GAMES.

What I dislike about the V5's: Having 3 characters (what's the point of having 3??? You can only play with 1 character), Only having 4 games to play!, I hate it when you have to enter the code everytime at tamatown for each game!, and Travel Show *Pausing* (Why can't you just puase it by pushing buttons like what you have to do for the V1's).

the v1 doesnt even pause pausing started on v2
You must mean the Connexions. :p

I personally like the V5. I think that it was a time for a change. The one-character concept did seem to be a little out-dated. That's just for me. :p

[SIZE=8pt]I think bandai has gone way...way...too far. What is the point in .5 connections though? Why not just save it ll for the next full version? I personally like the V1 and V4 better because,[/SIZE]

V1

Is not complicated, simple and nice, just the way I like it.

V4

Has got some really cool extra features but does not go to far with it like on the V5.

Whydid they get rid of the pause? I mean, isnt the travel show supposed to be pause? I can not pixel my tamas now because they tok away the proper pause. I think they should make them way way simpler but with a few bonus features and maybe brinng back the Job and school and everything.

~*Danni~*

I feel as it the games aren't as fun. I also miss looking forward to a job and getting points for playing the job's game.

I also feel as if the items are not as interesting. Some of the items on the V4 and V4.5 like the fishing pole, the pen, the shovel, the cell phone, and the blocks were fun and sometimes you see new things but the items in the V5 seem very plain and I don't even really know what half of them are.

I also miss the mail. It was interesting to get something in the mail.

Well, here's my 2 cents on this.

I have played the original and every connection tama including V4.5, which I thought best.

The V5 has only those 4 games and ALL are just testing your reflexes, mostly in the same stupid push-one-button-at-the-right-time way.

Past tamagotchis had more intelligent games like memorizing a sequence. To choose a profession and have new games there was a nice feature of the V4.5, so in choosing different paths you had fun with new games for many generations.

But the ONE thing that's getting worse and worse with every new tama, the ONE problem that gets worse and worse the more sophisticated basically the features are:

The absolutely inadequate documentation !

Without a place like this board, I'd never find out about many things like

- how you get a certain type of family

- what increases family bonding

- what items those pixel clusters on the screen represent (including the training icons)

- what types of tama there are (this time there was nothing about that in the instruction manual)

...and so on

The simplest $10 personal organizer comes with a 50-page instruction manual!

Bandai lets us guess. I wonder where people who DO come up with the information got it. Clairvoyancy? :p

Okay this is for everyone, at first, when you get ur tama, it is boring. Because you haven't explored the wonders of it. There is so many things you can do, but you just don't know it. It happened to me, and now I love my tama v5. I like it now but I still agree with myself. I wish you could name the tamas, and the items are still kinda hard to tell what they are. And most of the items are Japanese. But it is not like that is a bad thing. But I am getting used to it now, and it is pretty good. but like I said in a different topic, they should have made the familitchi a different KIND of tamagotchi. And make other versions out of that.

Hope I helped:]

~QuinnK

im on my 2nd Gen, and i personally think that it is getting boring,

i definatly enjoy playing with my v4, that was definatly the best tamagotchi so far! The whole v5 idea just is really BAD! i think that 3 tamas on one screen is a good idea, but the screen is alot darker, and you can see all the pixels with is quite annyoying!

i like the v4 idea, you go to school, work... you get piad at work! i think that is where the whole v5 idea originated from, Bandai thought ' we can make it seem like a real person, by making it go to work, and now we will make it like a real family, with more than one tama, and they can go on holiday and do modern things, like the dating show, or shopping channel '...

just a personal thought :p

love,

Tamagotchii

Yes they have gone too far, but you just have to get used to the v5. there is so many wonders of it and it is new. people still have to figure out everything you could do with it, and there is so much you can do with it. it is new, give it some time. I am getting used to it myself, and it really isn't that boring. But in the beginning, it was so boring.

Well I have started to love them Again!! I now think they are really cool!!

*1. You can have like 7 familys!

*2. The Characters names are Funny!!

but I still don't like the Dating SHow!!!

The Matchmaker always gets angry!!!! (or Mrs.BusyBody as they call her on TamaZone)

Bandai did go just a little bit too far with v5, originally I think one of the reasons they originally made it Tamagotchi I think maybe because Tamagotchi sounds like Tomodachi(Friend in japanese). So tamagotchi's are your friend..... But 3? A family? It no longer feels you are taking care of a "friend." it feels even more like a pet now. Dating show is ok, I think they added it because people must of complained their tamas died because the matchmaker never came.... Saves plenty of time.

(The matchmaker gets mad because your tama is too young! I mean, in real life, wouldn't an old lady get mad at some kids she doesn't know wasting her time?)

Well, what Bandai needs to realize is, that they're trying a little too much for Tamagotchi, it's popular enough as is, but they don't need to flood the franchise with constant games.

Though I think their main focus right now is on the Digivice iCs and the Dragon Ball Card Game.

I don't think that bandai has gone mad because I actually like everything there is in the FamiTama (Mine is the japanese version) and I personally like the dating show, It is really cute! B) :p :p

I don't like version five.

To be honest, i'm thinking Bandai are aiming for version 57 or something. :/

I prefer v4.5.

Mex

You guys probably don't have a v5, I thought that way too until I got one.

28inclw.gif
28inclw.gif

I agree about the Dating show but I mean I love the idea of a Family!!!! I also Agree about Bonding!
I like the dating show! you used to have to wait for the match maker to come, but now you can just click on it! :nazotchi:

i think wat dancinkayley said is so right just enjoy it. don't compare it to other tama's just look at the bright sides that the tama you have has. :unsure: :) :mellow:

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with not being able to change the family name, though it is a bit weird if it is the female Tamagotchi that is the one that marries.
If, say, someone's family name in real life was "Maude" and they were male, and then they married someone when they were old enough, their family name would still be "Maude" and they would not be able to change it.

Think of it on the bright side- you don't need to worry about what to name it too many times- only once!

I suppose the dating show is a good thing. If you have to have your Tamagotchi paused at the times of 10.30am, 3pm and 7pm (like I have to on Wednesdays) then you can still use the dating show at any time. Also the v4 (and maybe v4.5 but I'm not sure) had the Matchmaker stay on screen for only ten seconds, so she was really hard to catch. The dating show rectifies that problem.

I don't think it's boring but then it's just me. I like to look after my v1. A lot of people I know think that v1 is boring because there are "only" two games, no shop, no Gotchi Points, no preschool, school or work and no mail. Yet I love it all the same. Some people think the v5 is boring because on the first generation there are "only" two games and after that there are "only" four games and that there is no preschool, school or work and no mail. But that does not stop me from enjoying my v5.

I find that the pixels that are actually dark (like the ones in words and stuff- not the background ones) are lighter than the previous versions, so the background looks dark. You can adjust the contrast if it helps a little bit.

I agree with you because you have three tamagotchis on one toy it means that you are saving like $40.00 i know i am happy about that

you people are crazy if you are against the v5 even the person who atarted this thread (gigi1 i think) has right in his/her sig"check out my crazy v5 log"

my point is that bandai might be struggling right now... they might be having money probems...

...i personally think that bandai was having money problems when they were making the v5 so they had to cut short on some things

ie.pause

now that they have the money from making the v5 they are putting more into the v5.5 to satisfy their customers

and yet i am still mad at bandai 4 making the v5.5 right after they made the v.5

because i bought three(really stupid of me)i AM ACTUALLY RETURNING THE INE I GOT FOR EASTER because of the same problem my brother's had...

lines coming down the screen buttons not working. i actually had my 4th gen tama die because the buttons work

*sigh*

what my other point is that we need to cut the people some slack its not like we tell them what to put in our tamagotchis

i am with you people who are defending the v5 anyone else can pm me if they want to join our 'club'

i don't like the parent thing though and that is the only thing i am against

[SIZE=21pt]JOIN US NOW AND SAVE THE V5[/SIZE]

JOIN :) JOIN :D JOIN :D

JOIN :D JOIN :D JOIN :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back