How do people mistake your name?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My name: Tarryn

Pronounced: Ta-run (Sort of xDD Though I don't mind it being pronounced Ta-rin, either. Not much, anyway, since more people do xD)

Others sometimes spell it: (Oh, God, the list of variations in the spelling of my name over the years is just endless. Thanks to the y, very few people spell it correctly first time) Taran, Taren, Tarin, Taron, Tarun, Taryn, Tarran, Tarren, Tarrin, Tarun, Terren, Terran, Terron, Terrun, Terryn, Tariin, Tareen, Taruun, Taryyn, Taraan, Tarriin, Tarreen, Tarruun, Tarryyn, Taraan, Taaryn, Taarryn, Taaren, Taarin, Taarun, Taaron, Taaran, Taarren, Taarrin, Taarraan, Taarron, Tahrun, Tarhyn, Tarhin, Tarhen, Tarhon, Tarhun, Tahryn, Tahrin, Tahren, Tahron.. The list goes on further, it's ridiculous!

Others sometimes pronounce it: "Tah-rin" (The most annoying one) and, my favourite-- "Eh.. What!?"

xDD

Last edited by a moderator:
My name: Clara.

Pronounced: actually, its pronounced Klah-rah or so my Mom says, but I honestly prefer Kler-uh which is how most people pronounce it. Clara is also an easy name to spell but some mistake it for Claire, including my teacher in Kindergarten. My last name doesn't sound very European if you ask me but no one really mispronounces it either.

My name: Alison.

Most people don't say it wrong, but some people have thought my name was Alice, and a lot of people spell it "Allison". It's annoying.

I'm Michelle. Not easy to mess up.

But people suck at spelling it.

Meshel, Michel, Michell, Michele, Machal, Michal, Mechel, Mishel, Mishell I could go forever there are so many crazy people.

Maria.

I can't type it's pronounciation. I fail.

Madi and Libbie asked me how to say my name.

I said " Just like ATL do! "

They understood it then.

I've been pronouncing a few people's names wrong!

You'd think my name was pretty easy to spell. It isn't. I always get Anna and Hanna.

And people always call me by my real name instead of Angel.

my name is autumn but people write autum because the n is silent. xD

and people call me nerd for some reason, but my cousinonly calls me that. :wacko:

My school mate always call me candy instead of wendy. ):

I like it but that's not my name. :)

(I tried posting in this 3 times but my Internet was failing XD)

No one messes up Katie. Pretty obvious there xD I had to write in cursive on a 4th grade Spelling test and "Dotted and crossed" wrong in my name. It looked like "Kaite" and my teacher made fun of me for about a week -_- (I hated her so much. She said so many offensive things about me, my family, and where I live. My mom called the school and she almost for fired :D )

Back on topic..

My last name, however, confuses people. (Stalk on Facebook xD)

People usually pronounce the first 3 letters and then just give up until I shout it out

My name is Virginia, but I'm mostly called Ginny.

Apparently people prounounce [sp] it wrong a lot. xD

It's supposed to be Jih-nee.

Some people call me Jenny, Gihnee, Guhnee, and Michaela says she has an way of saying my name that I don't know. xD

My name is Nicoletta. And oh God, no one can seem to get it. I've been called Nicolette (clearly an 'a' at the end, so I don't understand this) and Nicole (excuse me, but were you ignoring the last three letters?) repeatedly. I can't understand why. My name is not hard to pronounce, nor is it /very/ hard to spell. People need to learn to read. My name has an 'a' at the end, not an e. And Nicole? Honestly. How does that even make sense? My last name... everyone pronounces it wrong. >.< But that's understandable, and it's not that big of a deal, because I guess it actually can be pronounced two ways. After a while, I'm just like "FJDLKSEORIEU JUST CALL ME NICKI OKAY?"

They spell it Sara and because of the way I speak,some people thought I was Zara or Faroh. I'm Sarah.

My name is Danielle. When I was a little kid, no one could ever spell it right. On valentine's day, on the little cards, none of them would have my name right on them, lol. Now, people spell it right. Danielle is a pretty common name, so it's not as mistaken anymore. :furawatchi:

Rachel.

I sometimes get the spelling:

Rachael

Raychel

Racheal

Raechel

My last name is pronounced exactly the way it is spelled, so people often over-think when trying to pronounce it. xD

OMG. So many people mispronounce and misspell my last name so many times It's not funny. I don't get it. Why do I have to have a non first name for a first name, a last name nobody's ever heard of, and a middle name that's spelt so weird it's rediculous.

It makes no sense. xD

EDIT: First sentence didn't make sense xD

Urgg Mine is

Anne

Pronounced: An (like the word)

How ppl spell it: Ann! it pisses me off idk why

Claire.
It's spelt Clair and Clare. Gawd.
OMG best name ever. :)

And thanks, (Nicki, right)

edit: its kay. accidentally logged on this account xD