How do people mistake your name?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh, golly gosh. x3
My name: Kendal.

Pronounced: Exactly how it's spelt. Ken-dal.

People spell it: Kendall, Kendel, Kendle, Kandel, Kenndel, Cendal.

People pronounce it: Kennel, Candle, Daniel, Kendull, Kandal.

Yeah. It goes on. I can't be bothered to write them all out. But I have a lot of trouble with my name. x3
OMG! CANDLE!!!! LMAO

Today, we had a forien substitute, and he could NOT pronounce (or spell) my name at all. He kept on calling me Haa-rah-ell-ah and spelling my name "Jarila" lmao

Alot of people I met on the internet ask me how I say my name.

I can't type out pronounciations of things. It annoys me.

But seriously, who can't pronounce Maria?

My name's: Kali

Pronounced: Kay-lee

Others sometimes spell it: Kaliegh Kaylee Kaylie Caylee Kaelie Kaeleigh Caelie ect.... so many ways

Others sometimes pronounce it: Cali (like california), kati ect

^ I love your name xD So different, so original x3 it makes me think of a superhero or something.

Claire.

No one pronounces it odd, unless something's wrong with their voice (About to cough, yawning, ect).

But they spell it Clair or Clare.

Clare.. wouldn't that be pronounced Cl-ARR? not Cl-air?

^ I love your name xD So different, so original x3 it makes me think of a superhero or something.
Claire.

No one pronounces it odd, unless something's wrong with their voice (About to cough, yawning, ect).

But they spell it Clair or Clare.

Clare.. wouldn't that be pronounced Cl-ARR? not Cl-air?
OMG I luv that name, TK! That's like, an awesome name. :)

And yeah.

Kaythina. Most confusing name ever.

It's not Kay-thee-nah. It's Kuh-thiy-naw, which messes up the spelling as well. WHY CAN'T I BE NORMAL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!???? xD

Yesterday, I was talking to this girl, Amy, at school with my friend Kelly.

Amy accidently called me 'Kelly' because we were stood right next to eachother, Keeley & Kelly.

People get confused when we're together, I get called Kelly, Kelly gets called Keeley. Amy said "I mean Keeley! Gosh, why do you two have to be Keeley and Kelly? I get confused! The difference is an 'i'!" So, to sum that up, she thinks my name is spelt Killy. Add that to the list! xD

My teachers are convinced that my name is Ashlyn, Brooke, or Katie Brooke or something. (those are all of my names, Katie-Ashlyn Brooke)

And, when I was six, one girl was cheering me on for a race and said, "C-A-D-Y, WHAT DOES THAT SPELL? KATIEEEEE~ GO KATIE, WOOO~!!!!!!!"

I was like. "Dude." xD

AND. When I was five, my neighbor was convinced that I had said my name was, "Kitty" Southern accent fail. XP

My name is fine, it's easy to pronounce and spell, the problem is that sometimes people call me by my last name since it's also a common first name.

Name: Tara

Pronounced: Tear (like, paper. tear a paper. not like, teardrop.) uh

Mispronounced: Tar-uh (This. Drives. me. Insane.) Tiara (wtf?) Sarah, Kara (I love this name :} ), Kiara, Lara

Spellings: Terra, tarah, Tera, Tiara, Terah, etc.

So, I go by my middle name, Kathleen.

I think that's pretty easy to figure out.. xD

Plus my last name is like, uber simple. Cause it's really common.

Before my last name changed though it used to be McCafferty.

Mc-caf-er-tee

NOT

mc-caf-farty

No. My principle got on my last nerves with that. D:<

^ How can your name be pronounced Tear when it's spelled Tara? o.o

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't notice where you put "uh" xD

Last edited by a moderator:
lol all the teachers made a truce. They don't like shortening names (like Kate instead of Katie, Kay instead of Kaythina, Sam instead of Samantha... etc..) and since they don't want to shorten my name to Kay, and since none of the teachers can pronounce my name, they're all going around calling me "Keena" even when I get called to the office over the loud speaker, the secretary says Keena, instead of Kuh-thiy-naw. xDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back