How do people mistake your name?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG best name ever. :)
And thanks, (Nicki, right)

edit: its kay. accidentally logged on this account xD
Oh hai Kay my love. And yes, it's Nicki. The one you called Nikay on the ILY board and the one who is waiting for a reply to her PM. :angry:

Lol.

[/offtopic]

I'm bored so I feel like writing down all the different ways idiots have spelt my name! :)

Keely, Keeleey, Keley, Kelley, Kelly, Keyleigh, Kayleigh, Keyley, Keileigh, Keiley, Kealy, Kealea, Keelie, Keeli, Keilie, Kielie, Keelee, Kaeleigh, Kealeigh, Keyliegh, Keeleegh, Kee-leigh, Kee-ley, Kee-liegh, Ceely, Ceeleey, Celey, Celley, Celly, Ceyleigh, Cayleigh, Ceyley, Ceileigh, Ceiley, Cealy, Cealea, Ceelie, Ceeli, Ceilie, Cielie, Ceelee, Caeleigh, Cealeigh, Ceyliegh, Ceeleegh, Cee-leigh, Cee-ley, Cee-liegh, Cey-leagh, Cey-leah etc.

My list can continue. I'm not making these up believe it or not. xD The youngest year of the school sent me a card, like 6 year olds, so I got alot of crazy spellings. It was quite funny, actually.

Okay, here's the list of spellings people have spelt my name

Kuthaynee, Kathonay, Katina, Cathyna, Caythina, Kathina, Cathina, Kycheena, Keethena, Kuhtheenah, Karina, Kaytona, Chuzina, Caethyna, Kaethonay, Keathyna, Kathyna, Kimonay, Kuyinatha, Kumthana, Kathona, Kaethona, Kathony, Katlinath, Kaoheena, Kughthiynah, Kutiena, Cuhina, Kuheena, Thuneea, Caythunao, Ckthina, Kthna, Katonah, Kahna, Kanna, Thakana, Kastina, Kimono, Kithono, Luthana, Ju'eena, Kattyna, Kaltha, Kanyna, Kayne, Katha, Kartina, Cartesay.

And honestly, the list can go on.

The weirdest spelling ever was by my teacher, last year. She never knew how to pronounce my name. She thought it was pronounced "Hyoo-een-ah" so she always spelt it "Ju'eena" xD

The prettiest spelling ever was by the principal. On my student of the month award, I had it spelt "Cuthina." I actually wouldn't mind it spelt like that.

The closest way it was ever spelt was by my cousin. He spelt it "Kathina." SOO close.

The weirdest way I ever spelt it was "Kimmyna" I wrote that because the teacher always pronounced it as "Khem-een-ah" so I did that. She never mis-pronounced it ever again. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
People say to me, "Kayte" or, "Katy". I like both more than Katie. Out of those three, I would like "Katye."

People never mistake my name. My name has like one way to pronounce it, Brenda. Haha.

Okay, here's the list of spellings people have spelt my name
Kuthaynee, Kathonay, Katina, Cathyna, Caythina, Kathina, Cathina, Kycheena, Keethena, Kuhtheenah, Karina, Kaytona, Chuzina, Caethyna, Kaethonay, Keathyna, Kathyna, Kimonay, Kuyinatha, Kumthana, Kathona, Kaethona, Kathony, Katlinath, Kaoheena, Kughthiynah, Kutiena, Cuhina, Kuheena, Thuneea, Caythunao, Ckthina, Kthna, Katonah, Kahna, Kanna, Thakana, Kastina, Kimono, Kithono, Luthana, Ju'eena, Kattyna, Kaltha, Kanyna, Kayne, Katha, Kartina, Cartesay.

And honestly, the list can go on.

The weirdest spelling ever was by my teacher, last year. She never knew how to pronounce my name. She thought it was pronounced "Hyoo-een-ah" so she always spelt it "Ju'eena" xD

The prettiest spelling ever was by the principal. On my student of the month award, I had it spelt "Cuthina." I actually wouldn't mind it spelt like that.

The closest way it was ever spelt was by my cousin. He spelt it "Kathina." SOO close.

The weirdest way I ever spelt it was "Kimmyna" I wrote that because the teacher always pronounced it as "Khem-een-ah" so I did that. She never mis-pronounced it ever again. xD
Lol new weird pronouncing. By my substitute teacher. It's #1 in my "weirdest pronounciations" list. xD

How it's really pronounced "Kuh-thiy-naw"

How the teacher pronounced it today "Hoo-thee-nee" which somehow turned into Houdini. xD She called me "Hoo-thee-nee" for all of language Arts, then got careless and started calling me "Hoo-dee-nee" lmao

And then the substite band teacher on the test wrote it "Karhinna" lmao

And for some reason, the principal is the only one in the world who think my name's actually Caroline. He's spelt it Carline, Caroline, Carlline, Carolline, Carlyne, Carolyne, Carllonyne, Carollyne, Carollynn, and then all those spellings with a "K" instead of a C. xD

Oh yeah. I like to pronounced it "Koh-than-nu" when I'm at camp because it's amuzing the nicknames they come up when they think it's pronounced "Ko-thah-nu" (Konnu, Kotan, Tanny, Tannu, Thanny, Kotty, Kotu, Konuu, etc." xD

And for some reason, the principal is the only one in the world who think my name's actually Caroline. He's spelt it Carline, Caroline, Carlline, Carolline, Carlyne, Carolyne, Carllonyne, Carollyne, Carollynn, and then all those spellings with a "K" instead of a C. xD
He should call you Coraline.

I love that book. xD -Shot-

Aha my name, Georgia. Quite simple to pronounce. BUT..A few people call me Georgina and Georgie ect.. I wonder how they hear that when I say my name?

He should call you Coraline.I love that book. xD -Shot-
lmao KEELEY! xD

And just today, not more than 45 seconds ago, my friend called me, and she was gonna call me "Indie" because she was just on the phone to my other friend "Indianna" so she called me "Indeena"

Me thinks a new nickname has just sprouted.

Allie is such a weird spelling. Most people who don't know me spell it Ali or Ally or something like that. xD

How do people mistake your name? So first of all, how do you spell and pronounce it? How do others sometimes spell it and pronounce it?
My name's: Keeley.

Pronounced: Key-li

Others sometimes spell it: Keyleigh, Kealy, Keely, Keelie, Keeleigh, Ceeley, Keeli, Keyli, Keyley, Keayley etc. To be honest, I could go on forever. So many ways of spelling it.

Others sometimes pronounce it: Kelly & Kayleigh.
Here we go again! xD

I can't spell your name, Keeley. <--- Oh wait! I did it xD

My name is Elizabeth, so no one really pronounces it wrong. People spell it Elisabeth though and it ticks me off to no end.

It's my nickname and my last name that causes all the trouble.

People are always confused by my nickname. "How'd you get "Izzi" from Elizabeth?"

Good Lord it's 'Lizzie' without the 'L' and the 'e'. It's not too difficult.

But people always think my name is Isabelle. One kid in my class last year called me 'Izzabeth'. Close enough.

My last name is rarely said correctly by people besides my friends and my family. No one really has a need to spell it out on anything, so I don't know how they'd do it.

Aha my name, Georgia. Quite simple to pronounce. BUT..A few people call me Georgina and Georgie ect.. I wonder how they hear that when I say my name?
I... have never met someone named after a state.

Sup :D

my name is malee xD & i hate it .

most ppl say : may-lee , mai - lee , male xD , ma-le-eh , may-lei , mah-lay , mai-lay .

but its pronounced muh-lee .

i go by jasmin to most ppl though ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
My name: Teri

Pronounced: Te-ree

Others often spell it: Terri, Terry, Tery.

Others often pronounce it: Te-ree xD people hardly ever get the pronunciation wrong, it's just the spelling!

It ticks me off when people spell my name wrong. My school principal and deputy principal always spell it "Terri" and a lady I knew wrote me a birthday card and wrote "To Terry" on it D:< Then when I was younger I went to Brownies which is like Girl Guides but for younger girls and we had to write our names on a Christmas card and I wrote my name on it then sommeone else came along and wrote my name again but they spelt it "Tery" I hate that!

Ohhh, golly gosh. x3

My name: Kendal.

Pronounced: Exactly how it's spelt. Ken-dal.

People spell it: Kendall, Kendel, Kendle, Kandel, Kenndel, Cendal.

People pronounce it: Kennel, Candle, Daniel, Kendull, Kandal.

Yeah. It goes on. I can't be bothered to write them all out. But I have a lot of trouble with my name. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back