I GOTTA SAY SOMETHING!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah! :lol: There are many people saying that tamas are kiddy toys... to be honest, I'm embarrassed to show them to other people because many people think that tamas are ONLY for little kids. -_- I really love tamas and I hate the society! :angry:

I'm still going to have my tamagotchi... I'm now in college, I'm afraid that people in my school are going to call me a baby, childish, pathetic, insane, nerd, etc. (don't look at my age :p ) I’m the only one who had a tama in college level (I think :huh: ) I know, I’m too old for them but I still LOVE them! I LOVE TAMAGOTCHIS 4 LIFE! :( :blink: :D :(

I agree. After all, the age on the package says 8+,which means to me that 8 years old minimum; no maximum age is indicated. I take mine with me when we go to my mom's house (she's 79, and has a v5), or my in-laws house. I'm proud to say that I'm 52 and usually have at least 2 running all the time.

Yeah! We shouldn't care about what others think. I love my little ura kuchipachi and I would cry if he died but so what!? We are no geeks, it's just that other people like us have never even TRIED a tamagotchi and realised how close the bond becomes <3 But then again I'm only 13 xD But my friends STILL tease me ;)

Respect magiboa!! Im proud that you are proud :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree with this topic. I mean, don't we have our own rights about what to like and what not to like? You can like tamagotchi's whether you are young or old, boy or girl. Anyway you are, you can like whatever you want! So please, to answer all the questions to the topics that have similar titles:

• Am I too young?

• Am I too old?

• Are these too girly?

• Are these too boyish?

The answer to these topics is no. You can like whatever you want, and I am truly serious.

Temari Nara

I recently was bitten by the urge to grab my old Tamas out of a drawer they've been sitting in for the past 11 years. Popped some batteries in one and there it was, just as I remembered it. I was happy with the decision until I remembered that I would have to go to work the next day. I'm a 21 year old male. I thought about it for a bit, and decided to just see how it played out. The results were interesting.

Boss and coworker:

Me: Hey guys, look what I dug up out of a drawer and got working again. *shows Tama*

Boss: What is that?

Coworker: Wow...is that a Gigapet? *rolls eyes*

It is a Tamagotchi not a Gigapet. :D

Another coworker:

Me: Hey look what I found! *shows Tama*

Coworker: Um...what is it?

Me: It's a Tamagotchi.

Coworker: What does it do?

Me: It's a virtual pet...you can feed it, play with it...

Coworker: OH! One of those! Hahahaha!

After work I went to a local music store where a female friend of mine works. There were some younger girls there trying to raise some money for charity. If you donated they would give out things like earrings and bracelets, or paint your nails.

Friend: Hey! *jokingly* Are you going to get your nails done?

Me: Erm...no, I think I'm already pushing some kind of envelope here with this. *shows Tama* I don't think I can push it any further without going over! (heh, older members should understand what I'm talking about here)

Friend: OMIGAWD is that a Tamagotchi!? Where did you get that!?

Fundraiser Girl: Um...you can buy them in Walmart.

Me: Well, actually this one came from 1997...

Friend: Wow! I used to love those!

Fundraiser Girl: So can I paint your nails!?

Me: Hmm...NO.

*my piano teacher walks up (an old man) with his pinky nail painted bright pink*

Teacher: Hey, are you going to get your nails painted?

Fundraiser Girl: See, he got his nails painted...

Me: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

I gave them some money anyway. And no, I have no problems with anyone getting their nails painted...just as long as they aren't mine.

I honestly expected worse on the reactions. It was very interesting to me. If I get any more reactions I'll post 'em.

'Gotchi, represent yo.

I have to say, I am new to tamatalk, and the reason that I joined is so that I could talk to other people with tamagotchis. I am 18, and none of my friends have or even like tamagotchis. My parents think I am way too old also. So, I got to thinking, maybe I am too old? And then I came to tamatalk, and I knew that I wasn't too old. I feel kinda bad that you guys are getting kinda annyed with people asking if they are too old, because I am one of the ones that has asked this question. But I guess that people just want to be re-assured that they aren't doing something abnormal.

I think tamas are great, and I dont care what anyone thinks anymore. In the past, I have been embarassed to play with my tamas in front of people, expecially my parents and friends. But now, I dont feel alone in this little tama world. I think people just need reassurance that it's okay to have a tamagotchi at any age or gender.

I guess I just wish I knew someone in person that had a tama, that way I wouldn't be alone. But, Tamatalk is kinda the same thing. I'm not alone, there are lots of people here who love tamas the same way that I do. :angry:

Ahaha, I guess you're right.

But, it's not just caring for babies. It's to help them learn, grow, and other stuff. People say, "Tamagotchi's aren't real animals." and they are right. But it gives you a chance to care for something, even if its not real. That's all I have to say.

Last time I checked the package that a tamagotchi comes in says:

[SIZE=20pt]AGE 8+ AND UP[/SIZE]

I'm 21 and I ALWAYS WILL HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART for tamagotchis or virtual pets.

hey, it's your life and you can do whatever you like to enjoy it. if that means having tamagotchis, at any age, then go for it. plus, you'll always fit in at TamaTalk no matter what, right?

i totally agree, it doesn't matter how old you are or where you come from its the thought that counts. i am crazy about tamas and im nearly 14! lolz but anyway loads of ppl at my school think tamas are stupid or babyish but i ignore them and get on with life!!

i hope i gave you guyz some advice if u are worried about that sort of thing. :gozarutchi: :gozarutchi:

[SIZE=21pt] Memetchi7[/SIZE]

:D :gozarutchi: :p

Gammagal proves a huge point.

You can't be to old for pets, Tv,games an practically anything.Do you realy believe Bandai expected only 7-10 year olds to like Tamagotchis?

When you think about it, there IS nothing childish about tamagotchis. I mean c'mon, it's like having a pet! Are you just gonna walk up to somebody and say "Don't you think your shiz tu is in-mature?" I mean, c'mon people! :puroperatchi:

I recently was bitten by the urge to grab my old Tamas out of a drawer they've been sitting in for the past 11 years. Popped some batteries in one and there it was, just as I remembered it. I was happy with the decision until I remembered that I would have to go to work the next day. I'm a 21 year old male. I thought about it for a bit, and decided to just see how it played out. The results were interesting.

Boss and coworker:

Me: Hey guys, look what I dug up out of a drawer and got working again. *shows Tama*

Boss: What is that?

Coworker: Wow...is that a Gigapet? *rolls eyes*

It is a Tamagotchi not a Gigapet. :marumimitchi:

Another coworker:

Me: Hey look what I found! *shows Tama*

Coworker: Um...what is it?

Me: It's a Tamagotchi.

Coworker: What does it do?

Me: It's a virtual pet...you can feed it, play with it...

Coworker: OH! One of those! Hahahaha!

After work I went to a local music store where a female friend of mine works. There were some younger girls there trying to raise some money for charity. If you donated they would give out things like earrings and bracelets, or paint your nails.

Friend: Hey! *jokingly* Are you going to get your nails done?

Me: Erm...no, I think I'm already pushing some kind of envelope here with this. *shows Tama* I don't think I can push it any further without going over! (heh, older members should understand what I'm talking about here)

Friend: OMIGAWD is that a Tamagotchi!? Where did you get that!?

Fundraiser Girl: Um...you can buy them in Walmart.

Me: Well, actually this one came from 1997...

Friend: Wow! I used to love those!

Fundraiser Girl: So can I paint your nails!?

Me: Hmm...NO.

*my piano teacher walks up (an old man) with his pinky nail painted bright pink*

Teacher: Hey, are you going to get your nails painted?

Fundraiser Girl: See, he got his nails painted...

Me: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

I gave them some money anyway. And no, I have no problems with anyone getting their nails painted...just as long as they aren't mine.

I honestly expected worse on the reactions. It was very interesting to me. If I get any more reactions I'll post 'em.

'Gotchi, represent yo.
Sorry to double-post, but that was too funny! :kuribotchi: :chohimetchi: :puroperatchi:

I understand why some people think that Tamagotchis are childish. The shells don't exactly scream mature. But I imagine if the TMGC+C was released here, then those people would finally become ~enlightened~ lol.

I don't think you're too old for virtual pets. I have to say, I play with Tamagtochis because they're cute and fun. I cannot have a real pet, so my Tamagotchis (and my Neopets) sub in for real pets. And so I love them like they are real. Also, playing with them is a great way to kill time when you have nothing else to do. xD

I am simply impressed; the repetition of these kind of topics is so upsetting! Those entitled opinions should be shunned aside by a Tama-er! We are asked repeatedly, "Have you no shame?"

No shame is awesome, person. 8D

@Aviloria// those labelers haven't learned their math quite yet.

I totally agree.

I'm turning 20 in just a couple of days, and I have 3 tamas. My first was a V2 I got in December 2005. I also have a V3 and a V4.

I have been playing on and off, but got new batts yesterday and started up my V4! =D

I really want a TMGC+C though, but it's in Japanese. lol

And who cares what other people think, it's not harming anybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate when people tell my I'm too old to be playing with a tamagotchi. |:My classmate is 15 and he does graffiti and drives. Both things are illegal, because he's underaged for driving, but I don't say anything about him "being too young to drive" =__=;

It's not really the same examples, but I don't think there's really an age limit to things that you enjoy. Sure, I'm 15 and I still love pokemon, what's wrong with that?
I totally agree. Like just the other day, I wore this great pokemon shirt to school ,and the kid who sits in front of me, with a raised eyebrow, said "Do you really still like pokemon.?" I looked at him and said, "Yeah." he turned back around :B

It realy ticks me off though, when I take them to class. Me and my friends sift through eachother purses almost daily, and whenever they come across my tamas, some of them roll their eyes, other laugh, and the real friends scream out, "OMG I TOTALLY REMEMBER THESE!!!' With a total :blink: look on their face. Then we get stares in the lunch room >_>

I love my tamas, and hopefully always will, but im only in Junior High, so... Forever is a long time. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back