Is Bandai America Going to STOP making Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.....well, maybe my they will send me a different response! Let's hope for the best! :lol:
I very much doubt so. Especially since both of your messages are asking the same question/s, Bandai's Customer Service probably will send you something similar to what they sent to Ribonitchi. :hanatchi:

Besides, it's only been slightly more than a year since the last official Tamagotchi release. We can't keep continuously creating conspiracies and rumours just because another one hasn't been released. It takes time to think up ideas you know! ^_^

this is the response I got

Bandai America appreciates your support of Tamagotchi.

Here at Bandai, we appreciate comments regarding our products and are proud of our reputation as a manufacturer of high quality items that are fun and satisfying for all. By alerting us to areas where improvements can be made, consumers like you help ensure that we will continue to meet this high standard.

We apologize for the disappointment you have experienced with the newest Tamagotchi designs and will share your comments directly with our product development and marketing teams so we can continue to make great toys.

Thank you,

Customer Service

Bandai America

as much as I would hate to have to purchase all my tamas off of ebay, i think this is something that we're just going to have to wait and see. i'm going to positive, and assume that maybe they're thinking of new ideas for the product as we speak. c:

i personally think that if they decide to stop making real (plastic egg) tamagotchis then they should soo make a kind that you can play with on your iPod touch or iPad, and not just a game but like a real whole tamagotchi, just on, as i said, you iPad. xD

but thats probably not happening.

i don't want to see them go, i just think they should update the tamagotchis a bit to something kids now days want to play with. :p

Hmmmm.....I still haven't gotten a reply yet. But hopefully I will soon! :lol:

They don't even have tamagotchis at my local tamagotchi supplier (otherwise known as Toys-R-Us). :( I got a Music Star off of eBay yesterday. :)

They don't even have tamagotchis at my local tamagotchi supplier (otherwise known as Toys-R-Us). :( I got a Music Star off of eBay yesterday. :)

They don't have them at the Walmart or Target by me anyomore. (they have auctually NEVER been at the walmart by me that I've seen) AND they were going on sale at the Toys R Us by me too, so they probably won't sell them there anymore either.

I live in essex, england and the place to get tamagotchis was toys r us, argos, woolworths and tescos, toys r us being the main one. Now woolworths have shut down. The only place that is selling tama gos is argos everywhere else sells v6, they don't even sell the figures!
%3C

while reading the it made me smile topic on tamazone I saw this

DSC05415.jpg

the show 2 boke girls they show tamagotchis as cupcake toppers so I guess tamagotchis arnt dead YET :D !

Credit for tamagotchi_freak_06 on tamazon for finding this out and taking a pic of it :D !

At the end of the day, it's a money issue.

If the Tamagotchi franchise isn't making Bandai enough of a profit, they'll move on to more lucrative products.

In the email you sent, you suggested they try releasing older Tamagotchis with lots of advertising. This would cost the corporation a lot of money, especially advertising. Companies like Bandai are doing market research all the time, and they know what their market is, and they can make very accurate sales projections.

If Tamagotchis are doing badly, they have to decide whether to spend more on them, or cut them out alltogether. I imagine this is what they did with the Tama-Go. They had a small budget to develop them with, because previous versions hadn't been too successful. They did what they could with the budget they had, and this turned out to be a disappointment to many (like you said in your email).

The fact is, if they keep getting it, they'll pick up on negative feedback like that and think 'right, it's not going to work. We can't make enough money on these. Let's move on'.

Don't lose hope guys, tamagotchis 15th anniversary is just around the corner, you never know they may pull something out as a huge surprise.

Even if it is they end there are still a lot of Tamagotchi versions out there you probably never played with :) .

Never give up hope for the sake of Tamagotchi!

Don't lose hope guys, tamagotchis 15th anniversary is just around the corner, you never know they may pull something out as a huge surprise.

Even if it is they end there are still a lot of Tamagotchi versions out there you probably never played with :) .

Never give up hope for the sake of Tamagotchi!

You're right. :)

When exactly is their 15th annaversary? :huh:

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words! :lol:

So... Look what I found on Bandai UK's site:

Bandai UK Milestones

Power Rangers Ninja Storm released and continues to be the best selling boys toy. Thunderbirds toys launched to coincide with the live action movie. Other new launches include Teen Titans and Pokémon Advanced. Tamagotchi Connexion launched in May and becomes a hit again. Super Badge It! launched. Bratz wins Girls Toy of the Year. Badge It! wins Creative Toy of the Year.

Power Rangers Dino Thunder launched and continues to be popular with children in the UK. New Debuts include toys on Gerry Andersons’ New Captain Scarlet, and soft toys based on Disney’ Bambi. Tamagotchi Connexion Version 2 wins Toy of the year.

Power Rangers Space Patrol Delta launched and quickly becomes the best selling boys toy of the year. Other new launches include Bag It! , Unazukin, and Pocoyo a stunning pre-school property from Zinkia. Version3 of Tamagotchi Connexion is launched and continues to be the UK’s best selling toy in the UK. Total sales of Tamagotchi exceed 4 million pieces in the UK by the end of 2006.

Power Rangers Mystic Force is launched and continues its excellent sales performance against strong competition from blockbuster movies. Ben 10, a new animated series from Cartoon Network is launched in spring and quickly becomes a top seller. The Omnitrix F/X scoops the Boys Toy of the Year award. Bandai return to the dolls market with Disney Fairies, a new toy line based on the ever popular Tinker Bell, and Strawberry Shortbread a heritage brand from the 1980’s. Tamagotchi Connexion Jinsei and Jinsei Plus (Version 4 & Version 4.5) are launched and continue to be the UK’s No1. selling toy for the third year running – a feat never achieved by another toy since toys record began by Consumer Tracking group NPD.

Power Rangers Operation Overdrive is launched and celebrates its 15th continuous year on sales in the UK. Pokémon Diamond & Pearl toys are launched after strong sales from the latest Nintendo DS games. Tamagotchi Connexion Familitchi is launched and continues to perform well in the toy market. Ben 10 toy line extended and becomes No1. selling boys brand in March. Other new launches include Puchi Puchi – a novelty toy that simulates bubble packaging and Catcha Beast – an interactive electronic game.

Power Rangers Jungle Fury is launched and continues to be popular with kids in the UK. Ben 10 moves to the next level with the launch of Ben 10 Alien Force. New launches will include some exciting girls brands including Star Friends, KeyTweens, Harumika and Tamagotchi Music Star the newest extension to the Tamagotchi brand. Celebrating its 60th Anniversary in 2009, Bandai will also be launching toys for Noddy in Toyland.

Power Rangers Racing Performance Machines (RPM) is launched and becomes the 17th consecutive year of this evergreen brand boy's brand. Ben 10 fever continues to the next level with the launch of Ben 10 Ultimate Alien in autumn. Star Friends, KeyTweens, Harumika and Noddy will see new line extensions added. New launches will include Armouron, a unique new concept combining boy's action, role-play and construction. Tinga Tinga Tales; a new pre-school property to be broadcast on Cbeebies in spring and is based on the Tanzanian art style and African folklore.

So, we can see that tamagotchi was EXTREMELY popular up until around 2008, where it started dying. Imagine how much popular tamagotchi is in the USA- it doesn't look like the end is near yet. If a popular tamagotchi is released soon, then it may 'restart the franchise' and get tamagotchi popular again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that the Tama-Go was the last gasp of Tamagotchi in the US. After all the advancements made by the connection line, the Tama-Go looked like a huge step backward.

I adored the tamagotchi of the 90's and the connections too, but I was a little suspicious when I saw that the US got the simplified versions of the Japanese models. If only the US hadn't held back, maybe the fanbase would be stronger. But sadly, the past is the past. Speaking of the past, I think they should be revived in a new style. Like maybe Tamagotchi Duals where you can pick what you raise. Like there could be an Angel/Devil model, a Ocean/Forest model, and a P1/P2 model.

When the announcement is finally made of the end of Tamagotchi America, I will mourn the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back