Is Bandai America Going to STOP making Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like maybe Tamagotchi Duals where you can pick what you raise. Like there could be an Angel/Devil model, a Ocean/Forest model, and a P1/P2 model.
that would be so cool...

if/when an announcement comes that they are shutting down tamagotchi production in america, i will flip my sh*t.

or in other words be extremely mad and show it.

Ya, I don't have them at Toys-R-Us either...
mad.gif

And I hope they are making tamas...
mellow.gif
My local Toys R Us still has a LOT of Music Stars. Until recently, they had a basket full of V3s for £2 each, but I bought all the colours I didn't have yet from that :p I went last week, and they still have several rows of different Music Stars hanging on the shelves. £4.99 each.

My local Toys R Us still has a LOT of Music Stars. Until recently, they had a basket full of V3s for £2 each, but I bought all the colours I didn't have yet from that :p I went last week, and they still have several rows of different Music Stars hanging on the shelves. £4.99 each.
i'm jealous.

i haven't seen any tamagotchi's in any stores for at least 6 months.

i'm jealous.

i haven't seen any tamagotchi's in any stores for at least 6 months.
I imagine that what they do is, when they get to the point where most stores only have a few left, they send them all to the store that sells the most of them. Maybe my Toys R Us is bigger, or has sold more Tamagotchis. So they're selling them off there instead.

Well,my brother's gonna type this.

"Well, when I was a little boy, Gundam was verrrrrrrrrrrrrry popular. Almost everyone had either a dvd of it or the manga.

Now guess what?

There's only the stupid cra**** **** games out there!"

I think what my brother is saying is kind of true.

Gundam was popular.

Tamagotchi's were popular.

Now they are not.

Maybe...THE BANDAI EFFECT!!!!!

What the bandai effect is:

Basicaly,when Bandai first releases a origanal series,

it's popular the first years,

then downhill the next.

Don't hold your breath too long.

Well,my brother's gonna type this.

"Well, when I was a little boy, Gundam was verrrrrrrrrrrrrry popular. Almost everyone had either a dvd of it or the manga.

Now guess what?

There's only the stupid cra**** **** games out there!"

I think what my brother is saying is kind of true.

Gundam was popular.

Tamagotchi's were popular.

Now they are not.

Maybe...THE BANDAI EFFECT!!!!!

What the bandai effect is:

Basicaly,when Bandai first releases a origanal series,

it's popular the first years,

then downhill the next.

Don't hold your breath too long.
Well to be honest, this effect happens to every product/book/movie/household item/what-not that is released. This ripple-effect doesn't only apply exclusively to Bandai! :hanatchi:

As years pass, trends pass too, and now I think we can all safely agree that Tamagotchi doesn't appeal to a global-audience as it had years ago. :c

However, if Bandai have realised this too, who knows what trends they could possibly be formulating and following for their next line of technology-based toys! :ichigotchi:

I agree people world wide have stuff like smart phones,tablets,iPods, etc. I think if they just bring the ID L world wide then more people will buy it and tamagotchi's will most likely get popular again :D ! blue tooth would be nice because pretty much no one has a infra-red phone anymore :) . EDIT:I forgot that they should bring the anime worldwide because anime is pretty popular where I live
That's the issue - people already have devices that have about 100x the functions even an iD L has. One can theoretically get the color Tamagotchi experience for about $1-2 on a smartphone or tablet; why would the same people pay $30-50 for the same thing?

You guys are lucky, the only Tamas sold here in Malaysia was the Tama-Go. Anything before that is unheard of in ANY toy store. The first tama that I got was a V2 brought over by my uncle-in-law from Japan (Never understood it, never will). However, about April this year MacDonalds was releaseing Tamagotchi Happy Meal Toys, so I don't think the Tama-Craze is over quite yet, as our local television network was showing it, abliet in a Bahasa Melayu dub. (TV3, Mondays at 9am for you Malaysians out there.)

I really do want the Tamagotchi company to keep going forward and make more really good tamagotchis. I hope they don't give up. I bet if they make a really good tamagotchi LOTS of ppl will buy them.

You guys are lucky, the only Tamas sold here in Malaysia was the Tama-Go. Anything before that is unheard of in ANY toy store. The first tama that I got was a V2 brought over by my uncle-in-law from Japan (Never understood it, never will). However, about April this year MacDonalds was releaseing Tamagotchi Happy Meal Toys, so I don't think the Tama-Craze is over quite yet, as our local television network was showing it, abliet in a Bahasa Melayu dub. (TV3, Mondays at 9am for you Malaysians out there.)
Yeah if its the first ever tama heard, there will be a lot of craze.

I do agree that Bandai would seriously be considering this option, after the poor sales of the Tama-Go and all those new recent ones. I am really hoping they don't stop making Tamagotchis because I have been really wanting to collect some more and if they just cut them off suddenly, what will happen to all us people?

However, I do understand there concerns - when the very first Tamagotchi came out in the late '90s, everyone went absolutely mad. They were everywhere, it was the best sales ever got. Now when they brought them back in the early '00s, when some new kids of the suited age group came along, it was a success, but not as successful as the first. Which is understandable, new tech toys come every year and a small handheld animal made out of pixels, with three buttons and grey and black options got less popular. This continued, and even though the Tamagotchi Connections were getting better and better, the new tech toys, which had many, many brands making them, was at a standard thought too high for these small toys to reach.

When a person at my school (a friend) found her old V4 and reset it, I realised fun a bunch of pixels could really be. I eagerly went home and found my V3 and V4, bought batteries and off they went. I've been playing with them and encouraging others to do it too. My sister rediscovered her old V3 and has joined on some of her friends, and a couple of boys have restarted their V4s too, it's as if the old Connections are the ones fighting back. Our school isn't huge and not nearly half of the kids there have reset theirs, or even have one, but I do hear the quite frequent "Oh my gosh, is that a tamagotchi?" or "Have you got a tamagotchi?" which is better to hear we haven't all forgotten. I think Bandai should bring back the old V1s, V2s, V3s and V4s and see how it goes. I would definitely try and get my hands on one, the three in our family is not enough for my liking.

-elidee8

I hope they don't stop. They've been going for years now, and after how tragically unsuccessfully the Tama-Go sold, it's no surprise that they might stop. Tamagotchis have pretty much disappeared in Europe, except for the UK, where tamagotchis were temporarily discontinued last year, but began re-selling this year in July.

Tamagotchi has so much potential, it would be a shame to see it go now. Let's all hope that a tamagotchi wins the Edison Nation Create-Your-Own toy competition, so that the brand can be restarted.

It's too early to give up hope yet.
Tamagotchis in the Uk are still here but the price has reduced. It was £20.00 and now its £13.00 and i don't know if they reduced it cuz its not selling or if they reduced it for christmas. I hope its just because of Christmas.

They already stopped selling the Tama-Gos here in Australia. The only shop I ever saw them in was Woolworths, and it was only for a short time. They stopped selling them in Toys R Us because I looked at their site and there was no trace of TMGC. I heard that Bandai America is going to stop making Tamagotchis because of the Tama-Go's low popularity. Furthermore, they don't want to release a color TMGC because it would cost 50$ and they think nobody would buy such an expensive toy. It's heart breaking, but it looks like Tama-fans are going to have to move to Japan...

They already stopped selling the Tama-Gos here in Australia. The only shop I ever saw them in was Woolworths, and it was only for a short time. They stopped selling them in Toys R Us because I looked at their site and there was no trace of TMGC. I heard that Bandai America is going to stop making Tamagotchis because of the Tama-Go's low popularity. Furthermore, they don't want to release a color TMGC because it would cost 50$ and they think nobody would buy such an expensive toy. It's heart breaking, but it looks like Tama-fans are going to have to move to Japan...
Agreed. Sadly, I think we've all known and realised this for a while now, but we just kept subconsciously denying it. Just like Harry Potter's reign for ten years that is now over, I think Tamagotchis, well English-based Tamagotchis to say at the least, are now starting to fade away.

Oh well, I guess we're all going to have to learn Japanese now to understand and purchase the new upcoming Japanese Tamagotchis! :lol:

This really sucks because it's been years since I have played with my Tamagotchi, and I just found my Tamagotchi P1 a few days ago and revived it. I was so excited and decided to see if they sold any tamagotchi's at my local stores here in Winnipeg, Canada... I had bad luck trying to find any anywhere, I manage to find some Tama-Go's and Music Stars at XSCargo for 5.99 and 9.99, bought them right away because who knows when I would see one again. I was shocked that they still have the same screen setup, i would of thought they would be in color by now. I remember the one thing I hated about my first Tamagotchi and NaNo was that they were hard to see in dark places and poor light. Maybe if they just update them to color add more features, they might be popular again.

I looked in the new Argos catalogue yesterday. No sign of Tama-Go :(

...Although, something has just occurred to me. Think about it; everyone here says that tamagotchi are going to end... But none of us want that? I doubt that Bandai would shut down one of their franchises if so many people didn't want it to happen.

The fact that we've heard no news for a few months is probably because if you check the Bandai blog, none of their products have received news that has been publicised by using the blog since September. They aren't shutting down every franchise. They just haven't given word on the possibility of future tamagotchis.

Let's hope for the best.

I looked in the new Argos catalogue yesterday. No sign of Tama-Go :(

...Although, something has just occurred to me. Think about it; everyone here says that tamagotchi are going to end... But none of us want that? I doubt that Bandai would shut down one of their franchises if so many people didn't want it to happen.

The fact that we've heard no news for a few months is probably because if you check the Bandai blog, none of their products have received news that has been publicised by using the blog since September. They aren't shutting down every franchise. They just haven't given word on the possibility of future tamagotchis.

Let's hope for the best.
I really hope your right, and I am trying to think positive that they will continue with there wonderful products and continue to bring new tamagotchi's in the future. Just worried since they are shutting down Bandai Entertainment this February I believe, not sure how much of a concern that would be to there other brands and products. Well let's just hope they are working on something, and hopefully fix there tamatown website too, seems like its been down for a while now?

I really hope your right, and I am trying to think positive that they will continue with there wonderful products and continue to bring new tamagotchi's in the future. Just worried since they are shutting down Bandai Entertainment this February I believe, not sure how much of a concern that would be to there other brands and products. Well let's just hope they are working on something, and hopefully fix there tamatown website too, seems like its been down for a while now?
Did you just say TamaTown was down? AAARRGH! I was just about to join it because it sounds like so much fun and I've never been there before! Bandai is going to PAY! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

That REALLY sucks. I added the "Together We Can Save Tamagotchi" slogan to my signature but now it looks as if Tamagotchi is vanishing...Please, NO, NO, NOOOO! :( :( :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back