My Would-Be Self

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizu yawned and stretched. Sunlight peeked through the closed blinds. She rolled out of bed and sighed sleepily. Suddenly she jolted and looked at the clock.

"OH NOOOO!!!! I'M GONNA BE LATE AGAIN!!!!!!" she cried, and ran down the stairs.

Mizu grabbed a smoothie out of the fridge for a quick breakfast and headed back up to her room, slurping away as she went. She quickly pulled on the plaid skirt and straightened her tie before grabbing her school bag and running to school in record time.

Mizu passed shops, restaurants, and more as she rushed down the streets to Seiyo Academy, carefully avoiding running right over all the people on the crowded sidewalk. Finally she reached the school and raced into homeroom.

"So sorry I'm late Sensei!!!!" she said, bowing.

The teacher assigned her extra homework as punishment, and Mizu quietly shuffled to her seat and took out her notebook, filled with all her drawings of pretty much everything.

Let's see... she thought. What can I draw while tuning out most of the lesson today?

(Welcome back to America :D And just for clarification, Isan and Yuna are in the same grade, so that's why they're in the same homeroom. Mizu does not share homeroom with them, since she's a sophomore and not a senior. They could still have classes together, though :3 )

Isan stared back into Yuna's beautiful blue eyes. His heart was pounding, and his excitement level was rising, but he expertly refrained from breaking his cool outer character.

However, on the inside was a completely different story.

HECK YES!! xD Yuna, the Queen's Chair, the most popular girl in school, just asked ME to go have ice cream with her after school! SCORE!

A bead of sweat trailed down Isan's cheek from his hair, and he swallowed hard. This might just be the chance he needed to make a friend. He broke the intense eye contact the two of them had going on, completely oblivious to the look she was giving him, and glanced to the side. "That would be nice...Thank you." He offered Yuna one of his trademark angelic smiles, one where he didn't even open his mouth. But combined with his soft eyes and sweet expression, he looked honestly cordial.

(Canada, actually. :D )

Yuna smiled softly, eyes squinted, tilted a little to the left. "Great! Meet me at the corner at 5:00!" Yuna turned around, pulled her hair behind her ear. She thought about her graduation day, when there would be a dance, and who she would dance with. She would wear an elegant dress, and beautiful make up, swirling around. When class started, she doodled her dream dress, and wrote note on different pages. She turned around to Isan a few times, smiling.

(Timeskip?)

(Yusssss)

The school bell had just rang at 3:00, signaling the end of classes for the children. Once out of sight of the other students, Isan broke his outer character and sprinted home, his expression full of excitement and hope.

Isan threw open the door to his modern-style Japanese home. "Mama, I'm home!" Leaving his shoes at the door, Isan threw his backpack down onto the dining room table with a bang.

Isan's mother poked her head into the room from the kitchen, her blond hair tied behind her head as she washed dishes in the sink. "Konichiwa, Isan-chan. What's with the hurry?"

Isan's eyes sparkled and he clasped his hands together in glee. "I'm going out for icecream with a friend in a bit!" When his mother gave him a strange look, Isan coughed, resuming his outer character. "Studying and homework comes first, of course." She smiled, nodding approvingly before returning to her dishwashing. Isan sweatdropped; that was close.

After finishing his homework, Isan looked at the time. "Four fifty-two..." Isan figured he had just enough time to grab some money and leave quickly. Running into the kitchen, he kissed his mother on the cheek (who was drinking tea at the counter), and dashed out the door with some yen in his pocket.

In a few minutes, he arrived at the icecream parlor near to the school. Quite a few students, varying in age, were present there, as it was a popular place to go for the students at Seiyo Academy. Isan found a table outside so he could enjoy the nice weather. He looked around at the other students, trying not to show his excitement as he attempted to locate Yuna among them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuna walked out of the room when the bell rang. She quickly took a bus home and did some homework. Checking her clock each hour, she saw it was around 4: 30. She wanted to be the earlier one, so that Isan would have to find her. She quickly tidied her room and dropped her bag on her bed, and took another bus to the Ice Cream Parlor. She had 2 500 yen ($30 dollars) in case Isan did not have any money.

Yuna walked inside the parlour, and ordered a banana split when a big crowd came. She was trying to fit through and finally got out to see Isan through the window. She walked out the door and sat down beside him. "All these girls are going to get mad at me when they see me being with you, but that's fine right?" Yuna said, bringing her banana split in front of her. She took a bite and swallowed as she continued, "I think you should order later. That crowd might take a while. We can just talk now."

Yuna was that person who could tell when someone was lying or was nervous, and Isan was very nervous. She looked into his eyes again and started, "Are you okay? If you want to tell me anything, go ahead. If it's a secret I understand."

Isan squeaked. How the heck did she see past his facade? No one has ever been able to do that before. "H-how did you...?" He stopped himself, cleared his throat, and then continued. "Well, I guess I can't fool you, so lying would be pointless." Isan looked around at the other students. He spotted a girl that was spying on him an Yuna from beneath a nearby table, and Isan gave the girl a chilling stare. The girl spying on them "Eeep!"ed and scurried back to a group of girls over at the other end of the parlor.

Isan turned back to face Yuna, looking her in the eyes to emphasize the seriousness of the mood. "I'm not who everyone thinks I am." He looked back over at the group of girls, who were now whispering to each other, occassionally glancing his way. "I'm not a 'quiet saint'; I'm really just like everyone else..." Isan, remembering that one exception, trailed off until he stopped talking all together. He couldn't tell Yuna that part about him yet, not while he still barely knew her.

Isan shook his head, resuming the conversation. "But anyway, yeah. That's basically what's making me so nervous right now. That, and I was kind of excited to hang out with you." He grinned nervously, scratching the back of his head. Isan was letting his true personality shine through. He quickly corrected himself though, straightening up in his seat and putting a subtle smile on his face again.

"It feels nice to finally have opened up to someone, even if it's just a little." He confessed.

(oops. sorry about that, I forgot D:)

After school Mizu walked home. She reached her apartment building and took the elevator all the ways up to the highest floor, where she lived. She reached door number 713 and pulled her tangled link of keys from her pocket. Her many key-chains jingled as she found the right key and twisted it into the keyhole. The apartment was pretty big, but Mizu still longed to have a backyard with a tree, at least one tree. She clomped up the stairs to her room and opened the door. Inside the walls were covered with posters of all things, animals, anime, and tons of nature scenes, most of which she had drawn herself. Mizu laid her bag down on her bed and took out her homework. She settled down at her desk to work. Selecting her favorite mechanical pencil with the maple leaf design, Mizu turned and flipped on her lamp and began to do the pages of math problems, science, English, and everything else.

Once she had finished, Mizu sighed. The day had not gone well. She got caught doodling a manga girl during history, then tripped in P.E. Mizu sat up and stretched. She needed a break.

I guess I'll go to the ice cream place over there, she thought. A hot fudge sundae would sure hit the spot.

Mizu grabbed her blue purse and walked out the door.

"Its great that you can open up to me. So anyways, anything cool happen in school lately?" Yuna took another bite of her Banana Split and noticed the same flowers on this one too. Yuna couldn't believe it, something was going on. Yuna stared around, watching the other children. "Oh, these little children. They're gonna be in College/University one day. Can't wait to see one fail." Yuna thought.

(Wait, I thought the Guardians already had their Shugo Chara?)

Isan leaned back in his seat. "Not really. I mean, lately I've been thinking a lot about the future and what I want to do with myself after graduating, but that's pretty much it. Nothing exciting." Isan shrugged, looking up at the afternoon sky.

Deciding to scan the crowd of people at the ice cream parlor once more, Isan spied a girl near the entrance to the outside area. She was wearing a red Guardian cape over her Seiyo uniform, and her long light-blue hair blew in the wind. Isan nodded in the girl's direction to Yuna. "Isn't she your friend or something?" He used such vague terms in order to not appear so knowledgeable of the Guardians; he didn't want to be labeled as another superfan of theirs...right?

Isan blushed lightly, looking down at his hands, which were folded neatly in his lap. Secretly, he's always dreamt of joining the Guardians, but each member seems to need to meet certain requirements. Unaware of such circumstances, to Isan it was anyone's guess what you needed in order to become a Guardian.

In truth, Isan had immediately recognized who the girl was. Mizu Kazena, a sophomore/10th grader at Seiyo Academy, who was famous for being the Ace's Chair of the Seiyo High Guardians. She manages, to Isan's awe, to keep to herself and still be quite popular with the students. What makes her different from Isan was that she's herself all the time, not having an outer character like Isan.

(Oh then how do I incorporate my Shugo Charas is my posts? Or will you find your eggs tonight and then I can follow along then?)

"Oh, she's Mizu Kazena. She's a sophomore and is the Ace's chair in the Seiyo High Guardians. I know her pretty well. You don't mind if she sits with us right?" Yuna said, not waiting for a reply and texting her. "Hey Mizu, wanna sit with me and Isan outside? Just order and we'll wait there." Yuna sent it and continued talking to Isan. "So all I've een doing was on the computer doing work, and on the internet, on Facebook or deleting e-mails from people here.

(You can just have them come in whenever you want. Like, for instance, they could've been sleeping in their eggs and they just woke up. Or you can wait until tomorrow; whatever floats you boat :) )

Isan chuckled softly. "How many love emails do you get on a daily basis?" He asked teasingly. Although he was teasing her, he was asking a legitimate question. She probably got loads of confession letters from various secret admirers at school. Isan played with the end of his tie idly. "But yeah, Mizu can come over. I have no problem with that." He inwardly clapped with glee; meeting up with two Guardians at once? The secret fanboy was thrilled.

Mizu glanced over to where she had heard her name.

"Oh hey guys! Yeah, hold on, just let me get my ice cream!" she called.

Mizu walked inside the shop and soon returned with a hot fudge sundae. She walked over to their table and sat down.

"So, what's new?" she asked as she ate a spoonful of delicious ice cream.

Isan grinned, unable to contain his happiness. Two friends in one day was an accomplishment worth rejoicing. "Nothing much, Mizu-chan." Isan stretched his arms above his head. "Lately, I've been thinking about what I'll do after graduation. There's so much I want to do, it's crazy!" Isan dug his fingers into his hair, playing with those tight curly locks of deep brown.

Isan sat up suddenly in his chair. "By the way, I never got to ask you, Yuna-chan, but what do you plan to do after high school?" He politely waited for a response from the blonde, his head slightly tilted to the right.

"Oh! I'm planning to go to that expensive university, Guardian University and continue my guardianjob there. I don't have much money so I'm hoping I can get a scholarship from extra-ciriculars or from education wise things. After that maybe I'll continue my guardian job or become a performer, graphics designer, or actor. What about you, Mizu and Isan?" Yuna gazed into her watery ice-cream. She swirled it around and rudely sipped her ice-cream until it was finished. "Sorry about that, I love my ice cream," She smiled.

"It's okay," laughed Mizu. "We all love our ice cream."

She rested her chin on her hands and thought.

"Hmm.... after high school I'd kinda like to be an artist, you know, like in comic books or something. You have any plans Isan?" she asked, nibbling on the cherry she had taken off the top of her ice cream.

Isan looked up at the setting sun in the sky. "Well...It's always been my goal and dream to design roller coasters and become an engineer, and I'd like to go to a university for that. But...I also love singing, acting, and dancing. So I've always enjoyed musical theater." Isan grinned, caught up iin the moment of talking about his dreams. "I want to eventually be fluent in Spanish as well as Japanese and English. Ooh! And I want to learn how to surf, and... " Catching himself, Isan looked around at the two girls. He blushed lightly, looked down at his lap, then continued. "A-and...I eventually want to become a father and husband." He looked back up at them and smiled his trademark smile. "I want to adopt."

(Letting you guys get to talk!)

"Oh. You're not planning on having children? Remember, you can tell us stuff." Yuna stood up to get some ice cream. "I'll get some ice ream. Text me Mizu if he speaks up!" Yuna walked over and waited in the line. Finally she got to the counter and ordered two mango smoothies. She sipped one as she walked over to the table to give Isan the other. "Wonder what he said..."

Isan watched as Yuna walked away from the table to get in line again, her words replaying in his head.

"Remember, you can tell us stuff."

Isan pondered this statement thoughtfully. He could trust these girls, right? After all, they were Guardians, or in other words members of the Student Council. It was their duty to be kind leaders to the other students. With this in mind, Isan inwardly pep-talked himself to speak up.

"Hey, Mizu," Isan started, attempting to get the attention of the younger girl. "Um...what's your opinion of the gay community?" He didn't want to come right out and say it yet; after all, no one but his family knew yet.

(How and when do we turn into our transformations? Is it only when in need?)

Yuna remembered her dad needed her. She texted Isan and Mizu about it and walked home. Finally she got home. She layed in her bed, and thought about her life. Her life would change if she lost her Shugo Charas. While thinking about them she walked over to them as they opened up from their eggs. "Hello, Yuna-chan! What is wrong? We are glad to help!" They said in unison. "Oh nothing, just wanted to see you. You guys made this happen didn't you?" Yuna said, pulling out her binder. "Oh, yes. Pretty, right?" "Not really."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back