My Would-Be Self

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Remember that Guardian meetings are in the Royal Garden and are held immediately after school.)

Isan tapped his foot nervously on the floor of his Calculus class. His eyes kept flickering down to his backpack, for he was unable to get those technicolor eggs off of his mind. What would he do once they hatched? How would he even know when they did hatch? What kind of animal was going to come out of them? All of these questions and more flooded Isan's head while he sat at his desk; he could barely pay attention to the teacher.

"...Doreiku-san? Doreiku-san!" Isan jumped when the teacher called out his name with such force in her voice. He blinked a few times and shook his head to regain focus. The other students in the class snickered and giggled good-humoredly.

"H-hai, Sensei?"

"I asked, what is the answer to number two on the homework?" The teacher replied, putting her hands on her hips. "Are you feeling okay today? You're normally so focused and dedicated."

Isan sweatdropped. "I-I'm just tired. Last night was rough." His answer seemed to satisfy the teacher, as she shook her head sympathetically. The other students nodded at each other; Isan-kun's explanation seemed legit. Isan sighed, having lied successfully, and then proceeded to read his answer to problem two after resuming his cool outer character. "The derivative of x-cubed times y-minus-4-quantity-squared is four-x-cubed...."

**After first period ended...**

Isan shuffled through the hallway, weaving in and out of the flow of students. He needed to hurry or he'd be late to second period. Daringly, he forced himself to squeeze between two people that we're walking particularly slow and very close together. After managing to wedge through them, Isan came stumbling out the other side, his backpack bouncing precariously.

ZZZZZIIIPP!

Isan watched with horror as the rose egg shot forward from out of its compartment in his bag. When his backpack had been bouncing so much, the zipper must have come undone and let the red egg fly out of the opening. "No!" Isan shouted, runing and then diving into a slide on the hallway floor. He slid between the legs of a girl, who squealed with surprise.

What happened next seemed to happen in slow motion. Isan watched as his egg soared over the heads of all the students, beginning to descend toward the cold hard floor. He was sliding directly beneath it, eyeing his target like a hawk. As the egg neared the unforgiving floor even more, his arm automatically shot out in front of his body. This is the moment of truth!... He thought, squinting his eyes closed at the last second.

He waited for the telltale CRACK of the egg smashing against the hallway floor. But it never came! Opening his eyes, Isan's entire body relaxed as he viewed the red rose egg, which was safely grasped in his hand. "Thank goodness..."

Realizing he was still lying on the ground, Isan jumped up with a start, blushing a beet-red. He looked around; all of the students in the hallway were staring at him curiously. Isan's heart skipped a beat; did they see the egg?

His fears were disproven once he heard a nearby boy whisper to his friend as the students started walking toward their classes again. "Did you just see Doreiku-san slide across the floor randomly? I wonder what's gotten into him lately; he's not his usual quiet and saintly self..."

"He probably just needs a good night's sleep."

Isan scratched his head. How had they not seen the bright-red egg flying though the air? Coming back to reality, Isan cursed and dashed off to his second period; he definitely couldn't be late, not with all that has happened already today.

Unbeknownst to Isan, someone had seen the egg. Or, more accurately, had been able to see the egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mizu walked down the hallway wearing her cape, as she had a meeting that afternoon.

Suddenly she saw something red zip past her. Surprised, she jumped. As she stared at the object, it became clear what it was.

What? A.. a guardian egg?! But who does it belong to?

Puzzled, Mizu walked off to her next class in deep thought.

I'll have to report that to Yuna at this afternoon's meeting. It's definitely important.

(Sorry I've been gone for a few days!!!)

( If that's the case, nevemind the part of my post that says she went to the meeting.)

Yuna walked through the school and climbed to the second floor. She saw Mizu walking too and said, "Hey Mizu! See you at the meeting!" She blissfully carried on and headed to homeroom. Sitting down, she saw Isan sitting in a seat near the back, again. Doodling again, listening to some ruckus about Isan answering a question, she lost focus when Isan's egg flew out. Yuna dropped her sketchpad and watched every bit. Isan flying out to catch it, the red rose insignia egg, everything. "Don't tell me, no. That's not a ... Guardian Chara?!"

Yuna was fairly mad at Isan. "Why didn't he tell me and Mizu yesterday? Th-this is not true. I'm gonna tell that Isan off on why he didn't tell us though text. Luckily, I got his phone number through Mizu." She thought.

**In the middle of second period...**

Second period for Isan was Honors Spanish 5, the most advanced Spanish class offered at Seiyo Academy. It was also his favorite academic class.

"Ahora, clase, necesitan abrir sus libros y leer a página diesiocho." The teacher explained; she only spoke in Spanish to the students in her Spanish 5 class.

Along with the rest of his class, Isan pulled out his textbook and started reading the assigned material. A bead of sweat appeared on his temple as he concentrated hard.

"Isan, ¿nos pudieras leer estes dos párrafos, por favor?" The teacher asked, a cordial smile upon her chubby face.

Isan started freaking out. He knew she had just asked him to read two paragraphs to the class, but under pressure he always messed up. He clenched his fist. "S-sí, Señora." He looked back down at his textbook, and began to read out loud. "En c-capítulo uno..." He froze up, too afraid that he'll screw up the words; now what? He'll never become fluent at this rate.

"Character Change from a nervous Nelly, to a fluent Freddy!"

Isan was about to contemplate the little voice he had just heard, when a red rose flower appeared on the side of his head from out of nowhere. He suddenly stood up in his seat, placing one foot dramatically on the desk in front of him, and read through those two paragraphs as a native Spanish speaker would. The entire class, including the teacher, gawked at him as if he had a plant growing out of his head. Which, actually, he kind of did.

After reading though these two paragraphs, Isan stood with both feet on his seat again, took a bow as if he had just read a monologue in a play, and sat back down. The rose on his head poofed away.

Isan sat there just as dumbfounded as everyone else in the room. "What the...?" He muttered under his breath; since when was he a native Spanish actor? And what the heck was that voice from before? Isan had no idea, and the room was only growing more and more silent. Someone had better get him out of this awkward situation fast.

Mizu sat in social studies, thinking of what had just happened.

How? A guardian egg? I wonder....

"Mizu! Did you hear me?" snapped the teacher. "I said, get into groups and discuss something for a campaign!"

"Uh, yes, Sensei," she said, and walked to a group of her friends beckoning to her.

"What should we do?" all the girls were chattering excitedly.

"How about a no school campaign?"

"Or free everything!"

Rei peeped out from inside Mizu's cape.

"Psst!" she whispered. "How about a save the earth campaign?"

"No!" Mizu whispered back.

"What? It's the most sensible idea!"

"No!" Mizu snapped again, although she had to admit that Rei was right; no one would agree to free everything.

"Fine, if you're not gonna do it, I'm gonna character change you!" Rei declared.

"Hey wait-NO!" cried Mizu, but it was too late.

"Character Change Maple Leaf!"

Mizu was wearing a necklace with a little heart charm on it. Suddenly the charm turned into a maple leaf with a flash of light.

"I KNOWWW!!!!" Mizu practically screamed. "LET'S DO A SAVE THE EARTH CAMPAIGN!!!!"

"Uh... Mizu-chan?"

"COME ON COME ON GET MOVING HERE PEOPLE!" Mizu grabbed a poster board and a red marker.

"Mizu??? What are you doing?!"

Mizu scribbled out "SAVE THE EARTH!!!!" with her marker just like Rei often did.

Rei.... Mizu thought inside. I'm going to kill you. Well, at least no dessert tonight.

Yuna was in japanese class, as someone asked for a pencil. "Uhh, this is my own pencil, you can get your own," She said, very rudely."Oh, Yuna needs some changing," Ariana smiled. Ariana continued her thought, this time out loud. "Character Change from rude and greedy to generous and giving!" Yunas charm bracelet lit up as a flower popped behind her ear. "Oh, no, not Ariana again!"

Gotta go. Will edit later. :D

Yuna was in japanese class, as someone asked for a pencil. "Uhh, this is my own pencil, you can get your own," She said, very rudely."Oh, Yuna needs some changing," Ariana smiled. Ariana continued her thought, this time out loud. "Character Change from rude and greedy to generous and giving!" Yunas charm bracelet lit up as a flower popped behind her ear. "Oh, no, not Ariana again!" "Here you go! Here is a pencil you can borrow!" Yuna sat down back into her seat, as the flower faded away and her bracelet turned normal. "Come on! Why do we have to have these character changes in public? The whole point is to change, but can't we do it in private so we can keep Shugo Charas secret? I don't get it."

Yuna slumped in her chair, listening to Japanese class as nothing ever happened.

Isan tried to appear calm on the outside, but failed miserably. Seeing as no one was coming to his rescue, he needed to think of something fast. Isan's mind raced. Let's see...no, that wouldn't work...umm...

"Hahaha! Oh my gosh, Doreiku-kun, you're so funny!" Giggled one of Isan's classmates. The other students joined in with her good-humored laughter, thinking his actions a joke. Even the teacher chuckled lightly.

Isan sweatdropped. Thank goodness. After the laughter died down, the teacher assigned another portion of reading to someone, and Spanish class commenced once again.

**That day after school, just after the final bell...**

Isan was sitting on the steps to the high school division of Seiyo Academy waiting for Jaredo when he got a text:

Home already; playing with friends.

Isan groaned, faceplaming. "Little brothers..." He leaned back and stared up at the sky, idly watching as the sun reappeared and disappeared behind the poofy clouds in the blue afternoon sky.

Wiggle-wiggle!

Isan jumped with a faint scream in surprise. He quickly slung off his bookbag, then dug around inside of it until he felt the now-familiar warmth an egg. Pulling it out, Isan observed that it was the same red rose egg from before. He raised an eyebrow curiously, but his mouth dropped open in disbelief when the egg wiggled again in his hand. "Nani?" Could it be close to hatching?

(Ohh yay! Timeskip! Time for a meeting!)

Yuna was walking out of school when she caught something at the corner of her eye. It was a red egg, with an insignia that was red colored. She stopped and stared. She watched at it wiggled and moved, about to hatch, and she remembered when her eggs were doing that too. She snapped out of her confusion and walked over to Isan. "Hey Isan, you need to come with me to the Seiyo High Guardians with me and bring your Gua-I mean egg with you."

Yuna nudged and gestured him to come with her as she had a feeling of anxiety; maybe he could become the Jack's Chair.

Isan looked up at Yuna, blinking twice to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "O-okay!" He replied, tagging along behind her. They were heading toward the Royal Garden; the Seiyo High Guardians held their meetings inside around a cute little table. At least, that's what the rumours where; Isan had never been inside. Absentmindedly, he clutched the wiggly and warm egg to his heart with his right hand as Yuna held his left hand, leading him to the Royal Garden. She was moving at a relatively fast pace, so something must be urgent. I bet it has something to do with these weird eggs of mine, Isan thought immediately. He grasped the egg tighter in his hand.

Mizu was already seated at the table when she heard footsteps. She looked up to see Yuna and Isan walk in.

"Hey guys," she greeted them.

"Yay yay yay I'm gonna have a new friend!!!" squealed Rei excitedly.

"Sssh! We don't know yet!" she hissed, covering Rei's tiny screaming mouth. "After that character change this afternoon and all this there will definitely be no cake for you!"

Insulted, Rei retreated to her egg.

Mizu sat back up.

"Um, so Isan, about that little egg you've got there...."

"Yes. About it." Yuna said. "Okay, now Isan, that egg is a Shugo Chara. It is hatching. Now, I am guessing you wished on a star to change your character traits to be your, uhh, let's say 'Would-Be Self'. Those eggs will hatch. And when they do, they will help you turn into your Would-Be Self. And with them, you can transform into Transformations, but only in battles." "You-you and I..." Rang her phone. She picked it up as she looked over to Mizu. "Continue please for me. I gotta answer this." She picked it up, and heard her mother. "Finish your Guardian meeting and come here ASAP. We need to get some cleaning done." "Okay, okay," She replied.

Isan held a knuckle to his lips in an attempt to make sense of what Yuna had just told him. "Shugo...Chara?" He then brought the red egg in his other hand up to his face to examine it closely; its design looked almost like someone painted it on, so it would make sense that something magical was going to hatch from it. It wiggled again, this time more strongly than before.

"Isan-kun..." Called out a voice from within the egg. Isan couldn't believe it; it was the voice from before. He glanced up at Mizu, swallowed the nervous lump in his throat, and stared back at the egg. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

Isan cleared his throat, then spoke, "Hello?" A few seconds of silence followed.

And then a response, "¡Hola!" Isan watched in amazement as his egg floated out of his hand and hovered in the air between him and Mizu. Slowly, a jagged line started to appear from the left side on the egg. The line worked its way across the egg's middle, accompanied by a cracking noise. After a brief period of time, the line stretching all the way around the shell.

With a pop, the bottom and top half split apart and disappeared. In its place floated what appeared to be a tiny human, barely the size of Isan's fist. The Shugo Chara—that's what Isan assumed it was—had no visible nose, unlike a human. It seemed to be a boy, although his attire was rather flamboyant and feminine. The little guy was wearing cute red shoes with yellow laces. He was sporting a pair of red skinny jeans, as well as a long-sleeved v-neck shirt. Slung around his short neck was a stylish red-orange scarf, which added an artistic aspect to his look. His eyes were red, large and anime-like, and his eyelashes were long and girly. His hair was almost identical to Isan's, except it was bright red instead dark brown. He was wearing a puffy white hat with two white roses of fabric on the right side, but in between them was a red rose; Isan noted that it looked just like the rose that appeared on his head earlier that day.

The tiny person covered his mouth and giggled. He flew down and stopped in front of Isan's face, his big eyes sparkling. "I'm Romeo; nice to finally meet you, Isan-kun!"

Isan's mouth was agape. "Whoa..."

Romeo smiled gleefully. "I'm the physical form of your dream to be an actor on Broadway in the United States, your dream to become fluent in Spanish, and your dream to be completely open with your sexuality. We're going to be beeeeeeeeest friends!" Romeo flew against his chest with a hug. Isan, taken aback by Romeo's show of affection, lightly crossed his arms in an attempt to hug the tiny boy back.

Isan looked at Mizu. His expression, however, changed from confusion to contented happiness. My own Shugo Chara, huh? I guess that has a nice ring to it, He thought.

A lightbulb light up in Isan's head, and he let go of Romeo, who floated onto his shoulder. "Oh! By the way, why haven't my other two eggs hatched yet?" Isan opened up his backpack, peering inside at the blue and pink eggs. They still hadn't wiggled either.

Romeo floated down and peeked inside as well. "They just aren't ready to come out yet. Guardian Charas only hatch from their Guardian Eggs when their owner realizes his or her dreams." Romeo squealed excitedly, "But I can't say I'm not excited to meet my two brothers. After all, we're triplets!"

Isan chuckled. "Yeah, I suppose you three are triplets!" He walked over to Mizu, and Romeo followed him in the air. "Romeo, meet Mizu. She's a friend of mine!" Isan said, introducing the two of them. However, as Isan looked closely, he notices a little head peeking out from behind Mizu. The head belonged to an adorable tiny girl with long flowy red hair, big green eyes, red maple leaf earrings, a light-blue sailor suit, and rainbow leggings. His eyes grew wide, "Ehhhhh? You have a Guardian Chara, too?" He exclaimed. How hadn't he noticed her before?

"Yep, Isan," smiled Mizu. "There's your chara. In other words, your would be self. Believe it or not, that tiny little person is another version of you. I have one too, as I see you have noticed. Meet Rei."

"Heeeeeeyyyyyy!!!!!" Rei yelled. "Finally, another friend!!!!!! I'm Rei. I love to draw. But most of all, I love saving the planet! GO GREEN EVERYBODY!! YEAAHH!!!!"

Rei blushed.

"Oh, um sorry I get a little carried away sometimes. What's your name?"

Romeo spun around in the air, a red rose magically appearing in his mouth. Flying over to Rei, he took her hand, spun her around, and dipped her to the side as if he was a professional ballroom dancer. His face appeared all sparkly as he spoke to her as she was in his arms. "Me llamo Romeo. It's a pleasure to meet you, Señorita Rei." Unable to keep a straight face, Romeo burst into laughter, letting go of Rei and clutching his middle.

Romeo wiped a tear of merriment from his eye. "Haha, oh my gosh. Sorry, I just can't contain myself sometimes; I love messing with people." He offered his tiny hand to Rei, hoping for a handshake. "I like to sing, dance, and act. I'm also quite the fashonisto, and I make a decent matchmaker. I hope we can be friends!" He grinned brightly.

Isan sweatdropped. "I find it hard to believe that he's a version of me..."

Rei smiled and shook Romeo's hand.

"Friends!" she said.

"Um, yeah. You wouldn't believe what Rei makes me do sometimes," Mizu said, remembering the afternoon's incident.

"Still no dessert!" she glared at Rei.

Rei stuck out her tongue.

"Anyway," Mizu continued. "I assume that Romeo there is your only egg?"

Ariana and Adrianna poofed out, as they suddenly started poking around Romeo. "A newbie!" They repeated as they picked and prodded. "Hey guys, be nice." Yuna said, putting away her phone. Ariana and Adrianna nodded, and quickly joined Rei and Romeo, which after Rei shook Romeo's hand, they did the same. "Nice to meet you," they said. Yuna continued, "Yeah, is that your only chara? As you can see, I got two."

Isan snapped his fingers. "Actually, no, he's not." Isan reached down into his bookbag and picked up the other two eggs. He held his hands out to Yuna and Mizu, showing the eggs to them. In his left hand was the blue plaid egg with the blue hibiscus flower pattern around its middle. In his right hand, the pink plaid egg with the pink sakura blossom pattern.

Awkward silence.

Isan raised an eyebrow, completely ignorant of his situation. "What's wrong? Having three Guardian Charas is normal, right?"

(Edit: Forgot to mention in a previous post of mine that Romeo is wearing a red-plaid kilt over his skinny jeans :p I knew there was something I forgot about.)

"Umm..." Mizu stared.

Wow...... I didn't know... I mean, is it really... that's....... she thought, flustered.

"Well, Isan... not really. It's... sort of special..." Mizu stammered, looking to Yuna for help on the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back