My Would-Be Self

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Character Transformations are for battles only. Character changes, however, can happen at any time; sometimes they're more useful than other times.)

"Um, well... I think they're fine. I mean, people are people, no matter what, you know?" she said.

Mizu finished up sipping her now melted ice cream.

Isan outwardly sighed; these were truly good people, with honest opinions and good personal qualities.

It was at that moment that he made the decision to tell them. After all, Yuna and Mizu might become really good friends, and Isan wanted to be completely open and honest with them.

"My thoughts exactly, Kazena-chan." Isan leaned forward at the table and rested his head on his arm. "I happen to be gay, so I was just wondering how you'd feel about that." He grinned, unable to contain his happiness. He finally came out to someone other than his family; it felt great.

"It's just fine," Mizu smiled. "I know you'll still be a great friend. Who cares if you're different?"

Yuna waited for a reply about anything if Isan said anything from Mizu. Yuna was partly angry at Ariana and Adrianna so she layed back down in her bed.

Isan reached over and put his hand on top of Mizu's. He looked her in the eye. "Arigato, Mizu-chan." Smiling once more, he stood up with his smoothie in one hand. "Welp, I should be getting home now. It's getting dark and I don't want to be late for dinner." He wrote his cellphone number on a napkin, leaving it at the table for Mizu. "See you tomorrow, ok?"

Mizu answered the text.

Oh, nothing much, I guess....

She didn't want to tell Yuna about what he had said, just in case he wanted to keep it a secret.

"Well what did he say? He trusts me and if he can trust you he can trust me. Now I hope I can trust my fellow Ace Chaired friend." She texted. Yuna wanted know more. She was really impatient, wanting to know what specifically Isan said. She fiddled with her nails and hair as she waited. Finally, she got a text. "Beep, beep!" It rang. Yuna picked it up."Okay, let's see." She thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I'll let it slide this time ;) )

Isan lied in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He had an itching desire to tell Yuna his secret. The only problem was, he didn't have her number. He forgot to ask her for it. Heck, he hadn't even gotten Mizu's number; he only left his number for her. I guess I can tell Yuna at school tomorrow... He decided, rolling over to think some more.

Jaredo poked his head into Isan's room. "Nii-san, dinnertime! Mama made Italian food."

Isan shot up from his bed; as a typical Japanese person, he loved foreign foods and cultures. "You don't have to tell me twice!" He raced his brother to the dinnertable, arriving first. He stuck his tongue out playfully. "I beat ya this time, Jaredo."

(sorry for the short posts they will be better now! :( )

Mizu decided that there was trust between them all and finally replied to Yuna, telling her what Isan had said.

Just as she pressed the send button, her mother called her for dinner. Mizu dropped her phone onto her desk and was about to head downstairs when Rei, her guardian character, popped out of her egg.

"Hey, Mizu-chan! What's for dinner? Bring me some too, okay?" she said excitedly.

"Okay Rei! I guess so!" sighed Mizu.

"Well sorry!" cried Rei. "I get hungry from working on my Save The Earth! Campaign!"

"I get it I get it! I give you a little bit of something, alright?"

"Don't forget dessert," Rei licked her lips. "I love dessert."

"Whatever," said Mizu as she walked down the stairs to dinner, leaving Rei with a squeaky red marker, writing "Save The Earth!" on tiny little poster boards.

(Much better, CNT :) That's a very decent length! Picturing Rei making little posters made me smile with cuteness-overload, too x3)

AAA Yuna got the reply. "Gay? Oh, being gay is fine. Tell Isan that I say it's fine. See you at school tomorrow!" She texted Mizu. Yuna walked down the stairs and sat down. "Hey mom, what's for dinner?" She asked. She sat down, as her mom served her family some curry and noodles on the side.

AAA Yuna finished and went upstairs, holding two cups of noodles for Adrianna and Ariana. Finally she got upstairs as she put them in front of the eggs,waking them up. "Oh! Thanks Yuna!" They cried in unison. "Oh it's fine. Now eat up!" She replied, falling on her bed, staring at the ceiling, falling to sleep.

Isan sighed, hiccuping with contentment. "What lovely pasta..." He proclaimed, lying on his back in bed. Isan loved spaghetti, especially his mother's. She never had to worry about having leftovers when it came to that food.

After letting his stomach digest the majority of the spaghetti he had consumed for dinner, Isan crawled to the head of his bed. Reaching over to the window, he was able to move the curtains aside. Immediately, Isan squinted as his face was hit with a bright light. "Ehhhhh?!" He exclaimed, looking out at the night sky. Billions of twinkling stars dotted the sky like white paint spattered across a vast black canvas. Isan squealed with glee, throwing up the sash and sticking his head out into the cool night air. "Such a beautiful sight..." He muttered to himself, leaning his head on his hand dreamily.

Peewwwwssshhh!

Isan gasped as he watched a huge shooting star fly through the night sky, piercing through the dark with its brilliant white light. "O-oh my gosh, I need to make a wish!" Isan stuttered in utter disbelief; he had never seen a shooting star before. He quickly clasped his hands together in front of him. A bead of sweat formed on his temple as he searched for the right wish. A boyfriend? No, that would be cheating. Riches? No, that was too greedy...

Finally, Isan remembered how much fun he had today with Yuna and Mizu. He was his true self around them, not having to put on a show with his outer character. Wouldn't it be nice...to always be able to be like that? Isan thought, a light blush of hope appearing on his cheeks. He bent his head and closed his eyes in prayer.

"I wish...no, I pray that I can have the courage to be my would-be self. Like how I was around Yuna and Mizu today; completely myself, and not hiding behind my "quiet and saintly" outer character. That would be so very nice...amen." When Isan opened his eyes, the shooting star was no where to be seen. Satisfied with his wish, he crawled back to the center of his bed and settled down for the night. In a matter of minutes, he was sound asleep and dreaming peacefully.

(Thanks! ^_^ And sorry I might be a little inactive this week cause I have a huge book report to do but I will try to post whenever I can. Which would be right now!)

That night's dinner was sushi. Mizu sat down at the table and picked up her chopsticks. She tried to ignore her siblings screaming.

"Onee-chan onee-chan!" yelled her little sister Tsukasa, who was just 5.

"Guess what I did today?" asked her other sister, who was 8 and slightly less annoying- not that that was saying much.

Mizu munched on a rice ball and thought of Rei, waiting to receive her food. She grabbed a napkin and tucked a small chara-sized bit of sushi and a pile of rice into it.

As the family finished up the meal, Mizu's mother walked to the fridge and brought out a large strawberry shortcake.

"Who wants dessert?" she called.

Everybody wanted some, so her mother cut it into pieces and passed it around. Mizu bit into her cake happily. Strawberry shortcake was one of her favorite desserts. Then, remembering Rei, she tore of a small corner of cake.

"What are you doing Onee-chan?" asked Tsukasa curiously.

"Oh, uh, nothing!" said Mizu, quickly tucking it into the napkin with the rest of Rei's feast.

After the dishes had been cleared, Mizu went back up to her room clutching the napkin in her hands.

"Hey! Welcome back!" called Rei as she entered the room. "Did you bring my dinner? Did ya did ya?!"

"Yeah, I have it," said Mizu, setting the napkin down on the desk where Rei was sitting.

"Oh boy! Your mother sure made some good stuff tonight!" she said, munching on her sushi.

"Don't I deserve something?" said Mizu.

"What? Oh yeah, thanks Mizu-chan!"

"You're welcome."

Mizu then read a book for a while and turned off the light, thinking of the great afternoon she had had.

Rei slipped quietly into her egg. "Goodnight, Mizu-chan," she said sleepily.

"Goodnight Rei," sighed Mizu,and drifted off to sleep.

"Gnh...gnhhh...gnh!" Isan tossed back and forth in his bed with discomfort. He opened his eyes with great difficulty, and was barely able to make out the time on his alarm clock. "Five minutes 'til the alarm," He groaned. Isan hated waking up before the alarm went off; he could never fall back asleep, and those were precious minutes of sleep he had lost. Isan pulled his bed comforter over his head with an annoyed whine.

That's when he noticed that something was off about his bed. It seemed as though a few hard lumps had formed in the mattress just below his buttocks. Isan sighed; this was probably the cause of his discomfort and early awakening. He reached his hand downwards with the purpose to pound out the lumps.

Isan gasped as his hand ended up touching something smooth and round. He jumped out of bed, suddenly fully awake, and pulled back his bed sheets with one swift sweep.

"NANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII?!?!?!?" He shouted, staring disbelievingly at the "lumps" in his mattress. There, on his bed in the exact spot where his bottom had been all night, were three brightly colored eggs of red, blue, and pink. All three had a plaid design on them and a large black stripe encircling the middle of the shells. On the first, several red rose insignia formed a basic pattern across the black stripe. On the second, blue hibiscuses, and the third, pink cherry blossoms. Isan grabbed a fistful of hair, pulling it until the searing pain made it very clear that this was not a dream.

"Ow! Kuso, that hurt..." He cursed, rubbing his head. Isan looked back down at the three tamago. How could this be possible? He thought, still in shock. He laid three eggs? Isan picked up the red egg, marveling at its warmth. There was definitely a little life of some sort inside of there; nothing else could explain it's radiant heat.

"Maybe..." Isan stared at his bedroom door nervously for a few seconds just to make sure no one was about to burst in. After determining that the coast was clear, Isan snatched up the other two eggs in his arms, dashing over to his bookbag. Isan emptied out a relatively padded compartment in the bookbag, and then placed the three eggs inside instead. After looking inside at them nestled together in the compartment, Isan zipped it back up and sighed. His heart was pounding with uncertainty."Maybe...I can get them to hatch...?" Isan finished his previous thought out loud. What strange creatures could be residing inside such unbelievably flashy eggs? This was something he simply couldn't not find out the answer to.

"Get what to hatch, nii-san?" Isan let loose a small squeak. His brother, who had snuck into his room not but a couple of seconds ago, was standing directly behind him. Isan spun around and sweatdropped, waving his hand in front of his face disarmingly.

"Ohhh, it's nothing~ Just get back to your morning routine, okay Jaredo-kun?" Isan managed to push his nosy little brother out of his room successfully before Jaredo could start snooping. Isan closed the door, sliding down onto the ground with a huff. "What in the world is going on?"

Yuna awoke, and got ready for school. She quickly took a bath, and then dried herself before slipping on her uniform and shawl. "Looking professional as always Yuna Misaki!" She thought to herself. She walked out the door, and decided to take her bike to school. She played with her lock as she walked over to her bike, and started cycling. Finally, she got to school. She locked her bike at the bike rail and walked inside. Remembering she had a Seiyo High Guardians meeting, she turned to the office and sat down a the table and waited. She took out her iPhone and texted Mizu, hoping she was awake. "We got a meeting today Mizu. See you there! :D " She texted.

Yuna quickly pulled out her binder, doodling more about her ideal appearance for grad. She laid one arm on her cheek, and one tapping her pencil, thinking for more ideas. Then something caught her eyes. More of these flowers. "Oh Ariana and Adrianna..." She whispered in her mind very quietly. She doodled more ideas, thinking about her day, when she would graduate and get out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back