NEW TAMA IN 2010!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all should be happy that a new tamagotchi is coming out way!And also that there are a lot of new features, something new to be excited about, yeah?
Well, Bandai probably did this on purpose (starve us of Tamas so that we'll take any old thing they duct-tape together, since we started to care more about what we buy), and I think we're complaining because Bandai gave us THIS instead of one of the color models. Also, they'll probably shove a few features onto the same technical base (side rant: If the MS was and the TMGO will be so much of a difference from their previous version, then why are they messing around with the same old chips and whatnot? Shouldn't they have a higher resolution screen, with graphics like the Pokewalker or what the Colors would be in greyscale AT THE VERY LEAST?) (Sorry for typing in caps there before).

Did you know that they made a touch-screen tamagotchi? it It's so cool. I don't have it, but I've seen it on TV. They also made a house one where you can gather with your family or your friend's family. If you have any further questions, please email me.

~Bubbagump119 ^_^

Did you know that they made a touch-screen tamagotchi? it It's so cool. I don't have it, but I've seen it on TV. They also made a house one where you can gather with your family or your friend's family. If you have any further questions, please email me.

~Bubbagump119 :)
Umm, are you sure you're telling the truth, or that you're not referring to a fake Tama? And please tell us here or at least let us PM you instead of making us send an email.

EDIT 2: Deleted the whole rude comment. Sorry for being rude. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Bubbagump119 is just trying to be friendly. Anyway, I like that Bandai keeps coming out with new concepts for Tamagotchi, but did they really have to change the name AND make it bigger? That's just my humble opinion.

Cool!! I might buy one! One problem, the UK ALWAYS gets EVERYTHING last!!! :rolleyes: Anyway, I agree with the "Taking a step forward to the colour" quote, also, it has rooms, it's pretty cool! Also, the going to the tamatown for the games and shops is cool! It reminds me of Plus colour, but even more of the home deka tamagotchi too.

Cool!! I might buy one! One problem, the UK ALWAYS gets EVERYTHING last!!! :) Anyway, I agree with the "Taking a step forward to the colour" quote, also, it has rooms, it's pretty cool! Also, the going to the tamatown for the games and shops is cool! It reminds me of Plus colour, but even more of the home deka tamagotchi too.
You try living in NZ! We only get stuff like Tama Watchies and figures here first, versions, we get them around 1 and 1/2 years after there released

Tama-Palace recently got an image of the TMGO, and I've uploaded it to Imageshack:

CLICK HERE!

Still looks underwhelming, technologically, to me. Hardly any greyscale, and why couldn't they've just put greyscale all throughout, or used the Pokemon Pikachu 2's or the GBC's color system or something? That would've been much more interesting.

Tama-Palace recently got an image of the TMGO, and I've uploaded it to Imageshack:
CLICK HERE!

Still looks underwhelming, technologically, to me. Hardly any greyscale, and why couldn't they've just put greyscale all throughout, or used the Pokemon Pikachu 2's or the GBC's color system or something? That would've been much more interesting.
I see what you are saying to a point but you need to look at it from the point of the company. Here in the US it has been proven time and time again that toys will sell better if they are cheaper. For example, zuzu pets which were horrid but had an under $10 price tag and they sold like hot cakes, and terrible as those toys were. Having these for $20 makes it affordable to most parents to go out and buy. I do have the color versions of tama's the ID and the color and they are fantastic but I did pay way over $40 for each to own them. If I was a parent I would think twice about spending that much money on something that if I did not understand would think was a waste. $20 is a bit easier for a parent to buy on a whim compared to $40 plus.

The US is not ready to sell color tamas because of the price. In Japan they have such a giant following that they can get away with a higher price tag, because they know they will sell.

I would just be happy Bandai america still cares enough to sell these toys to us today. The fad was a giant boom in the early 90s, then died and then came back again but I am sure never as strong as it was back when it started.

It is another product which means the product line is not dead which is always a plus. You can complain and say how much you hate it, but in the long run no one is forcing you to buy it. If you love color versions more just get the Japanese ones and call it done. Or do what I do, I just collect them all :mimitchi:

I will totally bet getting one of these when it comes out :mimitchi:

Yep, I'll certainly be getting one when it comes out, but it would be really cool if the Tama's screens looked more like the nonfunctioning Toy Fair units than the functioning ones, with the greyscale being heavily used for the background (Or Kuromametchi having a darker body color to match the official picture). And the Pokemon Pikachu was released about 10-11 years ago, for $30, and had a color screen (albeit limited in color). I was thinking the cost of that sort-of screen would certainly have gone down since then, but I wouldn't be so sure if its limited colors (red-yellow) would be good for the multi-colored Tamagotchi characters.

Another idea I had was perhaps subsidizing the Color's materials a bit to make it up with the big profits on the figures, though I would think Bandai wouldn't want to risk something unproven, and would decide to test the idea with one that would make them profit either way. Maybe Bandai will make lots of fun features for the TMGO, I don't know, but you're right; it's best to be optimistic. :D And yeah, at least they're still commiting somewhat to the line, which is good.

I think Bandai dosen't have the most motivation to make such huge tecnological leaps like these, unlike the fad of the late 90s, myself. What Bandai needs is some more real competition in VPs, or the return of the VP fad (Well, the time from the 1st to 2nd fad was about 7-8 years, so if the timing's the same, maybe the fad will come back again in about a year or two). I know my comments are getting old, and I can't make much of an analysis from a few pictures and one announcement, so I'm sorry if I'm offending you with my comments, and I won't do more of those type (mindless rant-type, I mean). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty I won't be getting this Tama until after the growth charts have been released and I can see a few in action. In my opinion the Music Star was a let down, the screen was hard to see, the buttons didn't respond half of the time, and there weren't many characters to raise. This is why I'm still playing my V3, I'd much rather have a wide range of Tamas to raise and grow into than more shops or items. With technology the way it is there's really no excuse for having so few characters on the new Tamagotchis.

The new Tamagotchi looks really cool! I don't know if I can get another Tamagotchi, seeing as I own 5 already..... but I'll definately try to! Does anyone happen to know when this Tamagotchi comes out? I REALLY want to get it!!!!!

Click here for a new Tama-Go picture!

Admin posted under Tamagotchi News another picture of the Tama-Go. It dosen't look too bad, actually, though I don't understand why Bandai US is avoiding the Tamagotchi logo this time, since they usually put it on all their designs. I can see the greyscale in the background better in this image (It was really inconvenient when Tama-Palace put their watermark on the screen in their image when they already had another one in the corner).

Yes... I want to know if anybody knows when they are due out in stores. (USA)

I'm guessing September sometime... But I'm curious if there is any offical time in place.

I have one question. When you go to Tamatown.com, and click on the thingy about naming a new tama city, are they referring to that unreleased city as the tama city for the Tama-Go? I was just wondering, because if that page is for the Tama-Go, it also mentioned something about the newset tama (is it the Tama-Go? :unsure: ) coming out in SUMMER. I really hope they're talking about the Tama-Go, so we won't have to wait all the way till Christmas! I was just wondering, by the way. Bye peoplez!

In all honesty I won't be getting this Tama until after the growth charts have been released and I can see a few in action. In my opinion the Music Star was a let down, the screen was hard to see, the buttons didn't respond half of the time, and there weren't many characters to raise. This is why I'm still playing my V3, I'd much rather have a wide range of Tamas to raise and grow into than more shops or items. With technology the way it is there's really no excuse for having so few characters on the new Tamagotchis.
I agree with this soo much. I wish I would of done that with my V5 :|

I have one question. When you go to Tamatown.com, and click on the thingy about naming a new tama city, are they referring to that unreleased city as the tama city for the Tama-Go? I was just wondering, because if that page is for the Tama-Go, it also mentioned something about the newset tama (is it the Tama-Go? :unsure: ) coming out in SUMMER. I really hope they're talking about the Tama-Go, so we won't have to wait all the way till Christmas! I was just wondering, by the way. Bye peoplez!
The new city in Music City has nothing to do with the new TamaTown Tama-Go.

It seems that Bandai is doing nothing with the MC.

I wonder when the new area is going to be launched in MC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back