NEW TAMA IN 2010!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it's not much different from previous ones, I am soo going to buy it. It looks fun to me! Oh and PS: you just get figures to UNLOCK secret characters and games. You can play games without the figures.

That's right.

And we all know what the figures are for

$$$$

Hmmm... seems interesting,I wounder how long it'll take someone to workout the growth chart :angry: :D :p

As soon as it is released, some people should get to work on pixellating the tamagotchis and making the chart while the other half should work out the growth pattern. I've started the chart already!!!

It looks really cool, but I dont like how big it is D: What happened to the simpler days of Tamagotchis...oh bandai :ichigotchi:

Dont know If im going to go buy that for 20 bucks, or even the music star one D:

This is ridiculous. I think Im just gonna collect Tamas from the V5 and everything before it. I didnt really like the Famlitchi though :angry:

It looks really cool, but I dont like how big it is D: What happened to the simpler days of Tamagotchis...oh bandai :) Dont know If im going to go buy that for 20 bucks, or even the music star one D:

This is ridiculous. I think Im just gonna collect Tamas from the V5 and everything before it. I didnt really like the Famlitchi though :)
I agree. While the modern ones are pretty cool, I don't even bother collecting anything higher than the V4. Correction: I had a V4 and I ended up getting rid of that. :D The simpler days were awesome. I like the cute little egg shape of the vintage Tamagotchis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.Although I am going to buy one,I think the less advanced tamas are better.

If Bandai keep going at this rate,In a few years there'll be HD plasma screen,colour tamas with like,500 characters! :)

Just guessing :)

If Bandai keep going at this rate,In a few years there'll be HD plasma screen,colour tamas with like,500 characters! :eek:

Just guessing ;)
Nope, looks like Bandai US is trying their hardest to get out of making any real technological advancements. :p When a few years later comes, they'll probably be at the very same place they are at now. Bandai Japan, however, may have something like that, though not plasma or as many as 500 characters (no offense).

EDIT: Sorry, but it seems to me they're moving at a snail's pace when it comes to technological achievements...

Yeah, they may not be adding colour, allowing tamagotchis to connect over wi-fi etc. but I still think that tamagotchis are, in some way, technologically advanced. Imagine what it must have been like when they first came out. Connection or not, they probably seemed like the future.

I personally prefer newer tamagotchis (apart from V5). I think that the older ones are too simple and don't give a very wide range of choices to do with your tamagotchi, which all changed with the introduction of jobs on V4 (although, V3 was fantastic nonetheless). I can't wait for this new tamagotchi.

(Oh yeah, and they hopefully will have HD screens in the future- Have you seen how tiny the pixels are on the pokewalker compared to tamagotchi? COME ON, BANDAI!)

I think that the older ones are too simple and don't give a very wide range of choices to do with your tamagotchi, which all changed with the introduction of jobs on V4 (although, V3 was fantastic nonetheless).
I have to politely disagree with this statement, though I highly respect your opinions. ;) While the vintage Tamagotchis are known for their simplicity, I think many people enjoy just that fact alone and prefer the older Tamagotchis over the newer ones for this reason. Long gone are the days when you just simply care for your Tamagotchi...now you have to amass who knows how many points, obtain codes for everything, etc. Secondly, I don't think it's true that the older Tamagotchis don't have a wide range of choices as far as what you can do with it, per se. The older ones were diverse and had features too, you know! Tamagotchi Angel/Devilgotchi/Oceangotchi/Morino have the motion sensor, which none of the Connections have, surprisingly. Osu/Mesu had the "linking" feature (akin to the Digimon's linking feature) for mating way before Connections even came out. The Genjinchi (Caveman Tamagotchi) actually devolves if you neglect it. Oh, and have you tried taking care of an Oceangotchi? It's anything BUT simple. :p Don't get me wrong, I have NOTHING against the Connections and I am truly amazed at how much Tamagotchi has evolved since its debut in the 90s, but seriously. Give the ancestor Tamagotchis credit where it's due. Do a little research and check some of these ancestors out. I think it would do people (especially the younger generation) some good if they know their roots (and this doesn't just apply to Tamagotchis alone, but to life in general, but that's another story for a different day :unsure: ). There are reasons why a lot of these ancestor Tamagotchis are worth anywhere from $40 to $200 these days. For used ones even, and they don't even have all these features the Connections have! They're classic. We wouldn't even be where we are today if it weren't for even the smallest and simplest technological advances that the original Tamagotchis brought forth. Oh, and Bandai: PLEASE DON'T put in HD screens/WiFi/etc. That's what we have computers/TVs/smartphones for. :kusatchi: Adding color was a nice touch though. Making it bigger? Not so much. I mean, how are you supposed to put it in your pocket? Just my two cents. :ph34r:

I'm going to wait for people to buy and review this before deciding if I want one.

Meanwhile I'm going GaGa over my new Color Tamagotchi. Its worth not knowing the japanese just to play with this adorable pet. If you want a color but the language thing has been bothering you, don't worry! Its a totally playable game, and there are videos on youtube which show you what the various menus do. You'll learn quick!

I'm going to wait for people to buy and review this before deciding if I want one.
That's a great idea. I probably will do the same. Oh, and I agree about not worrying about the Japanese-language Tamagotchis. They're an easy study, especially if you're familiar with what all the other Tamagotchis do in general.

Oh, and have you tried taking care of an Oceangotchi? It's anything BUT simple.
Oh yes, the vintage tamas. I agree with you when you say that they are complicated and that they have a wide range of choices, I was talking about the tamagotchi connection, which, for the first few versions, didn't have a big feature that was unique to them (like the jinsei jobs), which is one of the things I enjoy most. However, newer ones can be stressful, boring or annoying and that is why I sometimes decide to start up my V2 for a while.

Lets just hope bandai didn't try too hard by making the tama-go. I'm sure it will be fine.

Oh yes, the vintage tamas. I agree with you when you say that they are complicated and that they have a wide range of choices, I was talking about the tamagotchi connection, which, for the first few versions, didn't have a big feature that was unique to them (like the jinsei jobs), which is one of the things I enjoy most. However, newer ones can be stressful, boring or annoying and that is why I sometimes decide to start up my V2 for a while.
Lets just hope bandai didn't try too hard by making the tama-go. I'm sure it will be fine.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. :) Yeah, I'm waiting to see where Bandai goes with this one. I sure miss the pocket-sized fun of it all. They should re-release all the vintage Tamagotchis. One could hope. :D

I am sure the Tama-Go will be fine, stop the stress!

You all should be happy that a new tamagotchi is coming out way!

And also that there are a lot of new features, something new to be excited about, yeah?

I regret looking up the music star growth/character chart, the buying the actual V6. I like that fact that a new tama brings new fun, games and characters, and with the secret and adventure of finding the out YOURSELF.

I am going to buy it, and try and see if I can work out the growth/character chart out myself.

Is the Tama-Go like the Tama-Walkie I see on ebay? I figure we will get it eventually...

I haven't been paying much attention to Tamagotchi since Music Stars came out the first time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back