Phobias!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get scared of anything with over 4 legs that's bigger that a ladybug. AND SPIDERS ARE THE WORST. I used to freak out and try to climb up the wall. Literally. They just have so many legs with so many joints and they walk even though it looks like they shouldn't be able to... EeWwW...

In fifth grade, the school almost got struck by lightning, and i developed severe anxiety. I'm medicated now, but I couldn't sleep at night at all, and i now know every tiny square inch of my ceiling and all the smudges on it that aren't spiders... I couldn't leave my blankets or pillow on the floor because i was afraid that poisonous bugs would get inside them... they couldn't even touch the floor... I was afraid of all kinds of natural disasters... I thought there was an alien in moms closet (i'm serious! it was awful! B) )

One thing the meds didn't cure was my fear of medical needles. Sewing needles, I'm ok with. But every time i need to get a flu shot, i FREAK. I cant control it. Fight-or-fly in the extreme. And i barely remember it afterwards! :blink: The nurse has to practically wrestle me to the floor or the wall or something to get me to sit still. And i never stop screaming. I grab the door frame, the chairs, anything to keep me out of the office. I actually have to be sedated (i have a bottle of perscription pills) before we get to the doctor. I wind up hyperventilating and just about blacking out. It's a nasty, nasty experience.

I also get sorta freaked out by the supernatural. Aliens, space ships, ghosts... Anything along those lines.

I also have claustrophobia (fear of small places) but only in the pitch dark when i can't see the walls. I also freak out about curved walls or ceilings. I cant stand the star dome at the planetarium.

I'm an easily frightened person, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get scared of anything with over 4 legs that's bigger that a ladybug. AND SPIDERS ARE THE WORST. I used to freak out and try to climb up the wall. Literally. They just have so many legs with so many joints and they walk even though it looks like they shouldn't be able to... EeWwW...
In fifth grade, the school almost got struck by lightning, and i developed severe anxiety. I'm medicated now, but I couldn't sleep at night at all, and i now know every tiny square inch of my ceiling and all the smudges on it that aren't spiders... I couldn't leave my blankets or pillow on the floor because i was afraid that poisonous bugs would get inside them... they couldn't even touch the floor... I was afraid of all kinds of natural disasters... I thought there was an alien in moms closet (i'm serious! it was awful! B) )

One thing the meds didn't cure was my fear of medical needles. Sewing needles, I'm ok with. But every time i need to get a flu shot, i FREAK. I cant control it. Fight-or-fly in the extreme. And i barely remember it afterwards! :blink: The nurse has to practically wrestle me to the floor or the wall or something to get me to sit still. And i never stop screaming. I grab the door frame, the chairs, anything to keep me out of the office. I actually have to be sedated (i have a bottle of perscription pills) before we get to the doctor. I wind up hyperventilating and just about blacking out. It's a nasty, nasty experience.

I also get sorta freaked out by the supernatural. Aliens, space ships, ghosts... Anything along those lines.

I'm an easily frightened person, to say the least.
I get nervous about natural disasters.

Tornadoes, Lightning, Fires, you name it.

I don't know why I'm so afraid of it...

I'm not usually afraid of bugs though.

[SIZE=14pt]-[/SIZE]Scott... xD

-Ryan's four year old voice. ;___; ( Its really creepy. Especially when he said "Nobdy ever talks to me" in a four year old voice. T_T )

-Aulophobia. No, thats a LIE. ;D Its the odd fear of flutes. xDDD

-Dying. .__.

-Failing to be a good section leader

-Failing on a solo/soli/duet. It really scared me in Majestia for flute because there were so many soli's. D=

-Get scolitistis(sp? That curve in your spine..), Its kind of forming, /_\

-My 2nd to Ryan's 4 year old voice is to... YELL AT SCOTT. ;_____; Sad huh? I'm so scared I'll yell at him for something, because I have a high tendency to yell at people for mistakes. D:

Bees. I hate em. I see one, I run to the otherside of school. Whenever its time to go in from recess, I wait till my class is in before I jsut dash in.

And spiders. self explanitory, no?

Hey people! This is kinda off topic, but I found some REALLY weird phobias! Check 'em out! Even better, they're in alphabetical order! (No, I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE!!!!!!!!! And no offence to the people who do...)
Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women

Cibophobia- Fear of food. (yeah, that's not a typo. And who in the name of ANYONE would have a fear of food?!)

Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowel movements- :furawatchi: .

(Hightlight the one above (it's a little... o_O and NASTY)

Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words. (No suprise there XDDDDDDDDD. Just laughing at how long the phobia name is.)

Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables.

Linonophobia- Fear of string.

Macrophobia- Fear of long waits.

Molysmophobia or Molysomophobia- Fear of dirt or contamination. (I bet Mo, from Wall•e has this one xD.)

Nomatophobia- Fear of names.

Oneirogmophobia- Fear of wet dreams. (What the heck are wet dreams?)

Phagophobia- Fear of swallowing or of eating or of being eaten.

Russophobia- Fear of Russians. (their were others like these, but they didn't seem as weird...)

Vitricophobia- Fear of step-father.

Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat.
You dont want to know what wet dreams are...

Got a few more to add to the list:

Triskadekaphobia= the fear of the number 13

Anemophobia= The fear of air

Zoophobia= the fear of animals

Phalacrophobia= the fear of going bald

Consecotaleophobia= the fear of chopsticks

Ichthyophobia= the fear of fish

Genuphobia= the fear of knees

Ephebiphobia= the fear of teenagers LOL

Xanthophobia= the fear of the color yellow

Alektorophobia= the fear of chickens

Androphobia= the fear of men

They actually dont have a name for the fear of styrofoam packing peanuts... If you ask me, they should have one.

I'm afraid of; Vomit, People, Heights (It depends... Like strapped in on a rollercoaster - no. But climbing a rockwall - then yes. x..x;), I'm also afraid of men, and a bunch of others stupid things..

All bugs. </3

You dont want to know what wet dreams are...
Seriously...

EDIT:

Its not something you talk about everyday. :|

Tigerlily:Agreed. :3

I am afraid of falling. That means roller coasters. I just can't do it if it has drops!

It also limits my Rock Climbing abilities...strange, I know I'm strapped in. Sometimes I just let myself hang there to reassure myself :blink:

First is the worst fear so:

1.Blood

2.Spooky stuff(please read this without laughing)

3.Fear of death

4.Fear of breaking limbs

5.Fear of bad dreams

6.Fear of dirty toilets cause I have a weak tummy

7.Fear of tarntulas

8.Fear of being ill and throwing up

Heh, I have a phobia of drunk people. Maybe because my mum is an Alcoholic?

Fear of spiders and also a phobia of being left on my own in shops or where ever.

Phobia of speaking on the phone. I hate picking it up because i'm all like, 'Hello?' and theres no answer and then it turns out to be a sales person so I don't know what to say so in the end I always chuck the phone to my mum or, never pick it up. x3

Hey people! This is kinda off topic, but I found some REALLY weird phobias! Check 'em out! Even better, they're in alphabetical order! (No, I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE!!!!!!!!! And no offence to the people who do...)
Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women

Cibophobia- Fear of food. (yeah, that's not a typo. And who in the name of ANYONE would have a fear of food?!)

Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowel movements- :p .

(Hightlight the one above (it's a little... o_O and NASTY)

Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words. (No suprise there XDDDDDDDDD. Just laughing at how long the phobia name is.)

Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables.

Linonophobia- Fear of string.

Macrophobia- Fear of long waits.

Molysmophobia or Molysomophobia- Fear of dirt or contamination. (I bet Mo, from Wall•e has this one xD.)

Nomatophobia- Fear of names.

Oneirogmophobia- Fear of wet dreams. (What the heck are wet dreams?)

Phagophobia- Fear of swallowing or of eating or of being eaten.

Russophobia- Fear of Russians. (their were others like these, but they didn't seem as weird...)

Vitricophobia- Fear of step-father.

Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat.
Wet dreams are...um, maybe you should ask that in the Guys Puberty topic... ;)

You have lots of fears. So do I.

I'm REALLY REALLY scared of spiders (arachnophobia)

and I'm pretty scared of small spaces (claustrophobia)

Well; I'm prone to panic attacks and I'm claustrophobic.

So that says some things.

But mostly people.

They're terrifying D:

I am not scared of rock climbing, but I am Terrified of rollercoasters!I couldn't even go on the road runner one @ movie world!I am also deathly afraid of and bugs bigger than a ladybug.

Ha ha, that's better than I do. I get about four feet off the ground and i FREEZE. I don't even have to look down. I just know that i'm too high up. And then I'm stuck. It's even worse with climbing ropes... I think i gett 3 inches before i fall on my rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back