Stop the madness!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Debugging is terrible, I agree! It ruins the fun. When bandai said "what kind of caretaker will you be?" anyone who debugs isn't being a caretaker. They're being, sort of, I hate to say this but, cheaters. Unless you are doing an experiment like binary (he's a great experimenter, no doubt) would do, but otherwise this is un-called for! :D

However, it is not our choice.
At first I'm like, WTH??? NO DEBUGGING??? but this post specificly stopped me from saying that. I guess it is pretty true, about Bandai, and "What kind of caretaker are you" deal. Debugging is just cheating it, basically, so you get a nice charactor or something.

But experimenting is fine, occasionally, when you're really EXPERIMENTING and not just debugging and claiming it to be an experiment, even though EVERYONE, debuggers or not, knows what happens when you debug.

If you understand what you are doing, go ahead and do it.The ones I have debugged were fine. V1,2 and 3 are debuggable.

It got weird at V4, and on right?

Understand how to do it correctly and on which Tamagotchis it will work on and you and your tamagotchi will be fine.

Remember, use a PENCIL to do it. We are not just scratching up the circuitboard.
But I also agree with that. If you understand what you are doing, and not scratching the circuitboard, then go ahead. It's not MY decision what people do to their tamagotchis.

How do you debug? Just curious :pochitchi:
Open the Tama up so you get to the battery. Unscrew the 4 tiny screws. Then, color in the 2 half-circles that say "DEBUG" over them. The R1 and R2 circles DONT matter. Close up your Tamagotchi. Put the battery back in. A glitchy egg should appear if you did it right. Click the B button. Hit "RESET" from the menu that comes up. Enter the date to anything, it doesn't matter, then set the time to 10:00 AM, since the time gets glitched up 5 hours. When the egg hatches, hit A to scroll trough the characters. You can even select secret characters not playable in the game. Hit the B button to confirm. You can now start playing with it as normal. Hitting C to not cancel an option puts it in hyperspeed :ichigotchi: . If you debug a V4 and up, your Tamagotchi will stay in hyperspeed forever. Debugging a V3 results in connecting a V4 without your character turning into :ichigotchi: . But, you can't select a username, resulting in not being able to go to Tama Town. If you want, dont give your Tama a name, either! :ichigotchi: You can't enter passwords from Tama Town, either.

i know how to debug but i wish i didn't. i would never want to debug a tama.

but why is there a thingy to debug on the circuit board anyway? :D

what's un-debugging? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think that you should have this topic..!
its up to the people with their tamagotchis whether they want to debug them!

i bought a special v3 cheeply so that i could debug it!

i dont do it, only when im bored. i use i as a normal tamagotchi!

just my personal thought,

Love,

Tamagotchii
That is a very good idea, actually. Just my personal thought. :hitodetchi:

It's completely up to the Tamagotchi owner whether they would like to debug it or not. If they know how to debug, chances are they know the risks involved. I debugged one of my old V3's, and it is very interesting to play with. I guess I am cheating, but, at least I get to go to school without my Tamagotchi dying or getting ill.

i know how to debug but i wish i didn't. i would never want to debug a tama.
but why is there a thingy to debug on the circuit board anyway?  :wacko:

what's un-debugging?  :hitodetchi:
NOTE: Sorry about the double posting, but I was replying to two quotes.

I may not be correct, but BANDAI wanted to experiment with the characters and things involved when you debug your Tamagotchi.

Undebugging *for most versions*:

To debug, you rub the DEBUG button

with a pencil. To undebug, erase the

lead from the DEBUG button, and it

should go back to normal. Remember

to rub gently!

Let me get this straight. Debugging is bad. And it is the owners Choice to debug it. But anyway What if you do it WRONG to your favorite tamagotchi you have? V5s are expensive. I don't like debugging eitherway! I saw a topic Someone said it went wrong! ON A EXPENSIVE V5! Stop the madness! :ichigotchi:

The people who debug are normally people who have played with there tamas and are boered.so they play it on debug mode.There is no maddnes.if you dont want to debug then dont debug.people can debug if they want to_Oh and the chance of failure on a v5 is MUCH MUCH higher than on a v1?/v2/v3/v4/v4.5

I may not be correct, but BANDAI wanted to experiment with the characters and things involved when you debug your Tamagotchi.
Yes thats correct

I don't think you should ever debug either. I would not want my Tamagotchi to be ruined for life just to get the character you want.Anyone agree?
i agree. besides, you can use a growth chart to guide the evolutions.

I tried to debug my v3 once. It didnt work though cuase I didnt know how to do it right. Now that I think about it debugging can totally mess up yur tamagotchi. :mellow:

Here's my opinion on debugging , along with a little information :

I think it's OK for people to debug their tamagotchis if they do it properly. I understand it's very dangerous , and a big risk but I wouldn't make people totally block off the choice of debugging. It closes some doors that can lead to fun. I recommend doing your first debug session with a non-used tama.

Useful links for debugging :

Debug a version 5

INFORMATION on debugging a v3.

Tama62

When they came out, I debugged 3 of my V3 tamagotchis. I regret it now. Pulling them out of storage to look at them is frightening. Some characters I pick poop every 10 seconds making it impossible to play with them. Accidently hit a button and they fly into hyper-drive. I've had them die on me before I could even feed them. Oops :mellow:

Don't debug because:
A: There could be a chance they could break and reck your tamagotchis.

B: Time will speed up and go CrAzY...

This is why i don't debug, and neither should YOU!!! :mellow:
I agree. I would never debug because it could make me brake my Tama! My poor Princess Tamako...

I kinda like debugging. All I do is debug, choose a character, undebug, then press reset and choose download. I get to keep the character I chose, but I don't have to worry about hypertime.

My opinion summed up: I think debugging is nice, if you know how to do it properly, although it defeats the purpose of being an excellent to poor caretaker, (which is basically the whole point of a tamagotchi).

Personally, I hate debugging, mostly because I've seen people put bunk ideas out on the internet to Debug Tamagotchi's and watch the people that try it be miserable because they broke (although, no one made them, don't think that I'm completely blaming the Debug poster, but if you knowingly put out something untested, you need to be kicked in the seat of the pants).

Also, I kind of hate seeing the people that try out the plans that are legitimate and tested and 99% of the times it's tried they work, but they do something wrong and then go back onto a forum and blame the internet and the person that posted the proven method, sitting there and yelling and blaming everyone on the thread but themselves for breaking their toy. I haven't seen a ton of people do this, but I have seen a couple, and it made me facedesk rather badly.

Basically, when I see someone asking for debugging that hasn't before I say this. "Be careful. There are proven methods and there are ones that are totally fake, make sure that there is something that you can see that's full proof, a video, a picture, and people that say t works, before you do anything to make sure that you won't destroy your Tamagotchi" and that's it, just a warning, because of the bunk ideas out there

Other than that, it's your choice, really, and I'm not mad at anyone for debugging, but I personally wouldn't do it unless I had a busted Tama and wanted to experiment it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back