Tamagotchi at Toyfair 2014

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing I didn't buy my second friends yet lol. Looking forward to these (and the price, its now $19.99) but at the back of my mind I am getting a feeling of the poor paint shells again. I hope they improved from it with these shells (and screen contrast!). I feel that iD L blue and silver shell calling my name, it would be a shame if that blue strip would come off, because its a color you wouldn't see on iD L in placement. Also the pink and silver iD L shell looks like the Princess Spacy iD L haha. I guess thats where the got the silver color like base from or idea.....and funny how they go on about the pause feature in the video...lol

Also If you haven't noticed yet take a closer look to on the screen of the friends there are pink and blue diamond shaped boxes for the icons as background. I hope that's not what they meant by colored screen.... but I have a feeling it is. .

Still not sure why they're speaking as though this is the first time Tamagotchi is making a comeback since 1996. The Bandai rep even goes to say, "It's coming back after 17 years!" Why completely disregard 2004-2010 Tamagotchi releases? Strange.
Why does Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. pop in my head when you say that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Woman showcasing the tf: as you can see it isnt completely black and white it has colour icons at the top

Me: omg that totally makes a difference! !

Woman: now for the first timethere is a pause feature

Me: my god what a revolution such a technological advancement its not like any versions before have ever had this!!!

Lmao

Woman showcasing the tf: as you can see it isnt completely black and white it has colour icons at the top

Me: omg that totally makes a difference! !

Woman: now for the first timethere is a pause feature

Me: my god what a revolution such a technological advancement its not like any versions before have ever had this!!!

Lmao
I was going to say the exact same thing. For some reason I often feel with kids toys like Tama's (but Furby's as well), that the representative of the company that is supposed to sell it, sounds like they were told three or four things about the toy. Never played with it in their life and therefore are just recalling what they were told about it and talk about that.

They just sound like really dumb people as a result to fans like us who do play with these toys and know all the features. Bandai should force their reps to care for a TF and keep it alive for atleast a week before allowing them to be a rep at a toy fair for the TF :p

According to the link, there are 6 separate figures, and 4 that come with accessories. ;D There will be Himespetchi, Julietchi, Memetchi, and Yukinkotchi because I spotted them in the videos. I hope they make a Tropicatchi figure!

Did you guys see this yet?! :D :D :D

https://toyfair.bandai.com/items/tamagotchi-friends/

**grabby hands at the figures**
Ummmm they are ugly to me....... Whatever happend to the good quality Figures like the ones they had in Japan these scare me a little all of them do I'm dissapointed because I wanted these figures but if they are that ugly no thanks then.

Harptchi is the only none that looks like an actually decent tamagotchi figure and that's because they didn't give her overly large feet...

They would've been better off making plastic versions of tamakeshi and using the same playsets.

They need to be like that to stand up, because otherwise they will topple over from large heads ;) They could have used a plastic base but that would be too clunky for playing with and get in the way. In a lot of other franchises, the characters are often proportioned weirdly when turned into figures haha, I know because I've seen a lot of toys that my brothers get. Naturally Tamagotchi characters would look rather different every now and then, just like with many other franchises. :]

My favorite figures are Mametchi and Patitchi. Harptchi does look good too :)

821de0cd4b1ab73889bf9ef935f49d83.jpg

b76e26894f95fcd8c996c492de002fb5.jpg

They could've just simply made bigger versions like this with the stand it wouldn't of made any difference in play as it's just as clunky. Also they could've had the stands come of for better play.

They are longer body wise too I just.. Don't like them maybe I'd get them I don't know but all I know is they look deformed .

Also have you guys noticed how the icon background looks on the screen it's like a splash of colour and poor pixels. " it's not all black and white it has colour icons so it makes such a difference" said the rep for the TF.

Edit: going back and forth between photo of them they are warming up to me a bit but I dunno hope the final product is better and when it comes to Australia it won't cost 39.95 and the figures are 8.99-9.99 each.

On the link EMF posted, there are stock images of two of the new shell designs, and they have scratches on them. Seriously? :(

Omg I'll definitely buy that playset and figurines, ono omg I haven't played will dolls for so long do I still know how to *O* SO CUTE FIGURESSS ---- <3

They'll be overpriced at the beginning of course (>.<) remembering the Club Penguin figures back in 2008ish, 15$ they looked so cheap and were so small but they sold so much and until 2013 0_0 #fandommakesyoublind

It would be fun to compare the first TFriends wave to the second (and upcoming)... those color icons, that's just a step back to the Connections era. The new shells all look amazing! I hope they aren't as defective.

I want that pink/black/bow shell *-* *drolls*

I hope they do something like 2 characters in a pack like Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi,Mametchi and Himespetchi,Memetchi and Kuchipachi,and Pianitchi and Coffretchi like one friends keeps one of them like BFF charms I'd buy that :)

/***crosses fingures for possiableness***\

All different designs for NA? :< I really wanted the blue Dalmatian though....

I guess I could buy a TF and maybe swap with someone if they want a NA version....?

I can see those figures being something like the MLP:FiM blind packs. (amoung the other types) Those things are still highly popular.

I hope they release these earlier then fall...

About the figures, the feet omg lol. Just wow uh... it looks awkward, just no.

Also I would like to see the stock images of the other shells. I have been thinking of getting the blue one with stars since my username instead of the blue and silver iD L shell. Because the strip might come off and I don't want that, doesn't look the same after that, loses it charm for me.

As SakuraLove said yeah the scratches.... I think the past stocks images of wave 1 had scratches as well. I can't remember very well, I think they did.

Hey at least we got a close up of the screen's background!

QyNxFx0.png

Wow the actual image of this is terribly photoshopped on the Tamagotchi....

Wow, those are 10x better than the EU designs :eek: I love both of the blue ones and they are only $20!!! Im buying one and the icons have colour and i bet the fixed the contrast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back