Tamagotchi at Toyfair 2014

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuuuus! BTW, did you notice the second photo in the gallery, of someone holding a white leopard TF? There appears to be something mysterious in the background but it's blurry...could it be those "kiosk" things?

I think the white star faceplate would look good on a pink one, and the black faceplate would look good on a blue one!

Excuse my bad image editing XD

24ys1ht.jpg

I think Bandai should promote the swappable faceplates :D

I love the new shells! o: A couple of them remind me of these nano designs:

tnanos.png

There are some differences, but I do wonder if there's some kind of connection.

Also, I've been thinking... Do you think we'll be getting all 12 designs, or at least the non-iD L UK designs as well? I ask this because, in the video, the units with the old designs they were demoing also had the color icon backgrounds.

tfbg.png
tfbge.png

EDIT: Added an edited picture so you can see the color background easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need the white shell with stars and all of the figures.

Bye money. At least I'm not spending much on ponies or dolls this year because this years lineups for those two brands are pretty shabby...

I think the white star faceplate would look good on a pink one, and the black faceplate would look good on a blue one!

Excuse my bad image editing XD

24ys1ht.jpg

I think Bandai should promote the swappable faceplates :D
oOh the pink one with stars I NEED IT too bad it's not real since you colored it the blue and black tama looks lovely as well :) I guess that must be Wave 2 like the tamaGo since there was some changes like this one with colored icons

Also, I've been thinking... Do you think we'll be getting all 12 designs, or at least the non-iD L UK designs as well? I ask this because, in the video, the units with the old designs they were demoing also had the color icon backgrounds.
I wonder that as well. If not, I'll probably have to import the UK designs. Or trade if anyone here would like a US design. So for the US design I like the blue/white with stars and the purple with hearts. I sorta want to avoid the IDL looking ones because, well, I don't want them to get mixed up.

It also appears that they replaced the silver band with matching colors instead, so blue gets dark blue, red gets dark red, etc, and all have... silver faceplates?

Also I saw in picture on the bottom of one of the reds it says "new one." So I am wondering if they're going to redo the ones sold in the UK with an 'updated' version?

YES! A Yukinkotchi figure! SHE NEEDS LOVE I SAY!

*ahem* But that black shell with the dots and bow? Yeah it's mine.

here's another toy fair video

They said the price would be $19.99

you can also see some new gorgeous shell designs at about 1:29

and they said something about color icons but i couldn't get a good look at them

as far as i can see it just looks like there is icon backgrounds on the paper behind the screen like in vintages and connections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba89UvWHLYc

The NA shells:

tumblr_inline_n15y3cJb0Q1rw12da.png

tumblr_inline_n15yrlGlX01rw12da.png

tumblr_inline_n15yrvc0821rw12da.png
I really really want those bottom 3 NA shell designs. They're sooo cute! :wub: I'm so glad I decided to wait for the NA release of Tamagotchi Friends. They'll also be cheaper. I could definitely afford to buy 3 of them at $20 a pop. :D

The BFF shell is very 90s girl colour well it reminds me of from seeing those shades as a kid out of all these designs to choose from I still like the Dalmatian one the best. Whatever happend to the flame designs and the dark boy colours they had the 90s tamas which they KEEP REFERRING TO had more gender neutral colours than this it's almost sexist.

I see all those scratches/cracks by the buttons. I'm starting to wonder if they happen when the faceplate is snapped on, which means it's either too tight or they're using too much force....

Has anyone experimented with their TF on painting over the band so the color doesn't rub off? Like using a top coat of paint varnish or clear coat of nail polish?

I see all those scratches/cracks by the buttons. I'm starting to wonder if they happen when the faceplate is snapped on, which means it's either too tight or they're using too much force....

Has anyone experimented with their TF on painting over the band so the color doesn't rub off? Like using a top coat of paint varnish or clear coat of nail polish?
I mod-podged mine on an iD L and it doesn't rub off, not sure if its the same paint used though uwu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back