Tamagotchi at Toyfair 2014

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol gigacrush? why not gigakyun?!
If you check Himespetchi's wikia page here: https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/Himespetchi#Meaning_of_Gigakyun_and_Gigashyun

Kyun means falling in love. Short for Kyunto, which means a young girl falling in love. Kyun is also stands as a Japanese onomatopoeia, as the sound or feeling you get when you have butterflies in your stomach. This Japanese onomatopoeia can be used for both female and male, not connecting to Kyunto.

Pretty much the closest word in English to "kyun" is crush. If they left it as Kyun there would of been many confused viewers. Similar to when Himespetchi was first announced to the public's eye in Japan, and many English viewers were confused by Gigakyun.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool, but...

a television series? It would blow my mind when I would watch the first episode!!! XD

-Tamacass

hm...

Now that you mention it Furbitchi, you may be right!
Who knows...

-Tamacass

:D YES! The Tamagotchi friends for the win!! I think all the English speaking countries, be published in it! When it reaches the countries of these, I hope they create an application in the L.I.F.E. of a friends Tamagotchi.
The reason why the 17 years Tamagotchi have passed since then, released in 1996, Tamagotchi in the mid-2000s that has not been released in the UK.

I personally adore the pink and black one, I think it has a cute look to it. I also think it's a great idea (if this statement has any truth to it) if they air the webisodes on TV. Probably during a few commercial breaks.

Glad to hear the June release is still on. Now all I need to do is get all the Furby Furblings before June to free up cash for TF.

Wait so the official release date for the TMGC Friends is July 11th? Just making sure!

I really want these now! But for some reason I think that the Tamagotchi Friends are a little...overrated?

Perhaps overrated by the media, but Bandai put a LOT of money into promoting Tamagotchi Friends so Tamagotchi becomes popular again.

Definitely not overrated by this fandom, only a handful of people like it. Personally it's my favorite version! Love it. You know what's overrated? P's lol. I never run mine anymore XP

I would buy the clothes XD but just sweaters and T-Shirts the app sounds exciting :D well July 11 more time to save up lots more money for figures I guess :)

I would buy the clothes XD but just sweaters and T-Shirts the app sounds exciting :D well July 11 more time to save up lots more money for figures I guess :)
Actually its a good question. If we would fit them. Friends is aimed at the younger audince. 8-12 years. So will it be availble in our sizes?

Yeah. I agree with that. I am pondering whether it's worth the money or not..

I would go with a blue one just because it's the first colour of the first Tamagotchi I owned when I was a kid :)

If Bandai are still putting effort into putting them in English I think it's a good idea to buy one even if it's on sale so there is more support to bring out the next generation of models :)

Looks interesting.

I'm kinda disappointed in the USA release of the blue TF. I like the European blue one much better. Looks more like an iDL. I'll take a look when they come out. I like the swapped pic of the polka dot one. I would like that one if it was for real. The figures are very cute and all, but I don't collect them. I'll still have to buy two of them for connection ( maybe hubby will be interested?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back