Tamagotchi fan video game!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SHI5Urh.png
Here's a Lovelytchi.
I'm sorry but I think this is a Meloditchi...

??? It won't let me post hings from imgur. Ok, I'll try again later.

Hey Guys!

It's me once again :) ) I have 3 new sprite sheets with me today! :DD

HERE THEY ARE :

YoungMametchi_zps55f5edf4.png

UraYoungMametchi_zpsf4c43f04.png

Kunoitchi_zps744bf422.png

Those are my sprites :) ) Really happy with the outcome of Kunoitchi :) )

BTW, in Kunoitchi's win sprite, there's a speech bubble above her head. It says thank you or arigato in japanese :) )

Her lose sprite is that she's using a smoke bomb ( typical technique that ninja uses to escape ) to escape.

That's it.

GUYS PLEASE READ THIS.

We've been making a lot of progress now and that's good :) ) BUT one question.

Is this legal. I've chatted with some members in TamaChat saying that it's not.

Are we overlapping copyrights here? We're using a software that's not by us. It's still okay. BUT we're using characters that don't belong to us. It's BanDai's characters. WE SHOULD ASK PERMISSION FIRST TO BANDAI. We should ask BanDai if we could use their tamagotchi characters in an indie game. We should give copyright them and give credit to them. If we release this game without permission WE MIGHT GET SUED. If someone won't make a move, I will. I will email BanDai directly. Thank you :) )

i doubt it, they arent exact likenesses, and they havent sued JaiDan yet, i doubt they will sue some kids making a fan-game :p
Oh God. Thank you for answering that. Makes me feel relived. Thank you so much :) ) Do I still have to email them though for the copyright?

Nah. As long as you dont steal any music/sprites or anything from them nothing bad will happen.

I don't know, it never hurts to email them. And think about it, what if you didn't and you got in trouble? I doubt they'll have a problem if you don't take anything directly from them, but I think you should at least email them. Of you course you don't have to but that's just my personal opinion.

Ah, I will give credit to Bandai in the game's credits. There are lots of fan games in the world. :D It's not going to be released or sold or anything, but I may still contact Bandai. I have thought of some good mini-game ideas and I am making good progress in the game's programming! So many people are helping, so this is going to take sooner than I thought! :D

Here's a cheesy trailer, peeps!

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Ah, I will give credit to Bandai in the game's credits. There are lots of fan games in the world. :D It's not going to be released or sold or anything, but I may still contact Bandai. I have thought of some good mini-game ideas and I am making good progress in the game's programming! So many people are helping, so this is going to take sooner than I thought! :D

It looks so professional!!!

I think that your art looks so professional and the ideas sound great, it probably could be released or sold. BanDai probably wouldn't agree though, or it would be too complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is off topic but no one would read the Tama Art section ( I can post pictures, What a relief)!!!

anim_dd164652-f969-6414-ad35-2c590a67d0cd.gif
And its not mine but i liked this scene lo

I'm awful at sprites and mini-games and pretty much everything needed here, but is there any other way I could help? Like organising stuff or something that I can do? Because I really want to participate in this but my sprites will just make the game look bad.

^ making over views of towns/cities in tamagotchi planet to get an idea what they look like

Well, I went ahead and made a Himespetchi sprite regardless of the fact that it's absolutely awful. I understand Himespetchi is a pretty important character and you won't want my sprite used for her, but oh well, at least I did the right poses.

Himespetchi+Sprites.png

If by any chance my sprite is actually good, I can do other poses you might need for Himespetchi.

EDIT - I see there are complex rules for making these sprites and I probably broke at least one, so if I did then just ignore these.

EDIT 2 - changed picture to shaded and slightly edited versions of sprites

^ Wow thats great BUT... (heres the but) HImespetchi doesnt have a game. Shes the one who drives Mametchi around Tamagotchi PLanet in her HimespeShip , whatever its called but the sprites look great!

^ Wow thats great BUT... (heres the but) HImespetchi doesnt have a game. Shes the one who drives Mametchi around Tamagotchi PLanet in her HimespeShip , whatever its called but the sprites look great!
Well, that's okay, the "win game" sprites can just be used for Himespetchi being happy or something. I don't know. But if EMF says I can do the Himespetchi sprites, I'll make lots of different poses for them.

RpKJyKmYaUg/s320/Himespetchi+Sprites.png][/color][/font]

If by any chance my sprite is actually good, I can do other poses you might need for Himespetchi.

EDIT - I see there are complex rules for making these sprites and I probably broke at least one, so if I did then just ignore these.

Those are great sprites :) ) But aren't those a bit too large? If I'm not mistaken, this is the largest sprite so far. Maybe resize them?

Anyways, it's really great :) )

Anyways, I'll be posting tommorow! I'm on vacation and later's our flight back so I'll make up everything tommorow :) )

RpKJyKmYaUg/s320/Himespetchi+Sprites.png][/color][/font]

Those are great sprites :) ) But aren't those a bit too large? If I'm not mistaken, this is the largest sprite so far. Maybe resize them?

Anyways, it's really great :) )

Anyways, I'll be posting tommorow! I'm on vacation and later's our flight back so I'll make up everything tommorow :) )

Paint makes them go all grey and annoying when I resize them, but I'll download Fotosizer on my computer and try that. How big should they be (in pixels)?

EDIT - I downloaded Fotosizer and it seems to work. It does make them go grey and annoying like Paint, but not noticeably unless you zoom in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back