Tamagotchi Glitch List!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a poll for fun: Do you connect your Tamagotchi?

• DUH! Are you outta your mind? Of COURSE I do! It's a 'CONNECT-a-mundo'!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes, I do connect every now and then but I don't do it often.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • When I'm bored I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, there's nobody to connect with.

• How do you connect? What's connecting?

• All my Tamagotchi are old Tamagotchi so they can't connect.

• NEVER! NEVER! NO AND I PROBABLY WON'T EVER CONNECT AGAIN!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd, Dr. Tam, because in my manual it says '30 items' and '45 friends'. Maybe the short friend cutdown was because of v3's additional features. Though the egg's slightly bigger if you count the antenna, the circuit board remains the same size. But I think there ARE still 50 friends. I don't care anyway, I don't connect.

TamaLayla, you're lucky that worked for you. Sometimes it deletes my parent without my knowledge. My advice- if you're checking on your old parent, don't press C while you're still in the information of the parent, keep pressing B until you get past the Password screen.

i heard that if you bought the poo in the shop and it goes into the food section and you feed it to you're tama, your tama will eat it and will barf it up and drown your tama!!! if this ever happends do this

A ) dont buy the poo thats in the store!!

B ) if you do... push the reset button and push download!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My v3 Shu wouldn't age!! It was really strange. It would take him about 3 days to age 1 year. But the age glitch stopped after a generation or two.

My v3 Shu wouldn't age!! It was really strange. It would take him about 3 days to age 1 year. But the age glitch stopped after a generation or two.
Have you paused it? Pausing affects ageing and so does resetting and downloading.

I really wish this could be pinned because it's helping everybody.

Some people wonder why their Tamagotchi won't evolve. They're like, "IT'S THREE AND IT'S NOT EVOLVING!" Well, have you paused it? This is like the previous question. More you pause, the longer it will take to evolve.

Okay, I wanted to make a glitch list and how to solve them. Some I don't know how to solve, so you can contribute if I know! Some aren't glitches, some are just random questions.
Q: My Tamagotchi is 3 years old and still a baby?!

A: If you leave your Tamagotchi on the "name" screen for a few days, the age will be how many days you left it for. It will grow regularly (thanks chocosilver!).

Q: How do you un-debug your Tamagotchi?

A: Open it up and erase the pencil marks in the Tamagotchi.

Q: Why is there an X on my screen?

A: The battery is low. Buy a new one or take the old one out (people say you need to put it in the fridge but you actually don't really have to). When the old one's out for a time you can put it back in and your Tamagotchi SHOULD work perfectly.

Q: What's the growth process?

A: Baby for an hour. Child for a day (24hr unpaused time), Teen for 3-4 days (72hr unpaused time). Finally, adult until it marries and has a baby or until it dies of old age.

Q: Why is there a ball in my snack section?

A: The ball sometimes appears when your Tamagotchi v3 dies and you hold A+C. You can feed the Tamagotchi the ball and usually nothing bad will happen but I have heard somewhere that it can FREEZE up your Tamagotchi ;)

Q: I dropped my Tamagotchi in water and now it's going crazy!

A: ???

Q: My Tamagotchi keeps resetting itself!

A: ???

Q: My Tama's pixels got all weird and they had messed up for a few seconds!

A: It could be a reaction to a sort of heat. Move away from any heat source. If you aren't near any heat source, reset and download.

Q: I have a teenager that's 0 years old?!

A: Resetting and downloading can stuff up the ageing process. Inside is a little "clock" that, after 24 hours tells the Tamagotchi to age once more, I think. When you reset and download, you have reset the clock too. Your Tamagotchi will stay the same age but will not age too quickly now. I've had a 0 year old Ichigotchi.
also i think when the pixel goes all weird, that may b coz ur battery is out of place.

oh thats not a glitch, when u play with it it sleeps with it.

my weirdest glitch was when i was trying to debug my tamagotchi but it didnt work coz its an australian tamagotchi.

i put the batery back in and then it had a picture of bill on the screen! can some1 tell me wat happened?

if u dont know what bill lookes like click here-----> https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4343/tamajr6.jpg

Interesting!

Now, p!nk, there's an edit button, please make use of that so you don't make 3 posts in a row. Two can be okay, but three can annoy others.

Sometimes putting the battery back in gives weird glitches. For example:

Battery sign appearing frozen

Black dots on the screen

Game noise made

Don't worry about these. If your screen froze up, take your screwdriver or a pencil and press the reset button. Then press B and select download.

Here's a new glitch:

If your Tamagotchi won't hatch, make sure you have set the time!

A Tamagotchi will not hatch unless you have set the time. It isn't a glitch.

It takes 1.5 minutes for a Tamagotchi to hatch.

I'm not sure that I understand the first glitch's answer.

I recently changed the battery in my version 2 tama and I hit download. My adult tama (Penny) has a baby boy. But she's been hanging around for 2 days now and the baby hasn't grown. Usually it takes an hour for a baby to grow into a child right? Does anyone have a solution to help make my tama grow into a child?

I'm not sure that I understand the first glitch's answer.
I recently changed the battery in my version 2 tama and I hit download. My adult tama (Penny) has a baby boy. But she's been hanging around for 2 days now and the baby hasn't grown. Usually it takes an hour for a baby to grow into a child right? Does anyone have a solution to help make my tama grow into a child?
I'll explain the first glitch's answer.

If you hatch a Tamagotchi from an egg, or the Tamagotchi leaves the baby, then you will get a screen that says 'Name'. You get to enter your Tamagotchi's name here. However, if you leave it for, say, 3 days on this naming screen, when you finally exit this screen you will find that your new baby is now 3 years old.

Well, the adult will leave the baby after 2 midnights. And a baby with a parent can only evolve after the parent has left. Hope this helps.

I'll explain the first glitch's answer.
If you hatch a Tamagotchi from an egg, or the Tamagotchi leaves the baby, then you will get a screen that says 'Name'. You get to enter your Tamagotchi's name here. However, if you leave it for, say, 3 days on this naming screen, when you finally exit this screen you will find that your new baby is now 3 years old.

Well, the adult will leave the baby after 2 midnights. And a baby with a parent can only evolve after the parent has left. Hope this helps.
Thank you. Now I understand what the answer to the first glitch question is. And Thank you very much for the information on how long the parent stays with the baby. I havn't played with my tama in a while, lol.

Here is a glitch. If your tama puts on the royal cape, a password appears. It would seem that it does not do anything (either in password or in Tamatown). How annoying is that!

its not a glitch off course

pw is 4 nintendo ds cornershop afaik

i bought my tamagotchi and needed to put a new battery in about a week. put a brand new one in, then a few days later i got that X again and put in ANOTHER new battery, and then ONE day later, i got that X again. that makes 3 replaced batteries in less than 2 weeks. has this happened to anyone? ^_^
the same thing just happened to my sister's tamagotchi and it's only a couple days old. she hit the reset button and then download and it started working fine again. try that.

Here is a glitch. If your tama puts on the royal cape, a password appears. It would seem that it does not do anything (either in password or in Tamatown). How annoying is that!
It's for the Nintendo DS game Tamagotchi Connexion: Corner Shop.

It unlocks a blue sofa/desk for you.

If you want a spoiler, click a couple of times and you shall see what it's used for.

eat_tv, thanks for answering that question for me, because I'm not quite sure myself ^_^

Wow! This is a great idea! However, I don't think I can help because, out of my two years as a tamagotchi owner, I never once had a glitch (and I hope I never do!). If I find anything out about glitches that you don't have though, I will definatly help!

Q: My tama's screen is all black! Ahh My tama is DROOOOOWNING!

A: No it isn't, I wouldn't even call it a glitch :ph34r: What's happening is, Your tama is being over heated, back away from the heat source and put your tama in a cool dark place, this will bring the over expanded pixels back to normal. If not un screw the back of your tama and let it dry again.

Q: My tama's screen is all black! Ahh My tama is DROOOOOWNING!
A: No it isn't, I wouldn't even call it a glitch ^_^ What's happening is, Your tama is being over heated, back away from the heat source and put your tama in a cool dark place, this will bring the over expanded pixels back to normal. If not un screw the back of your tama and let it dry again.
This could also be when your Tamagotchi is dying- the screen blackens from top to bottom. Or, someone may have smashed it.

The fabled poo glitch can be solved by resetting and downloading.

Q: My buttons aren't working properly!

A: IS THE SOUND OFF??? I always curse when I have to turn the sound off, my buttons never work properly for some odd reason! Just then I accidentally punished my Tamagotchi when its back was turned because the A button didn't want to work!

Who cares anyway. Less likelihood of getting Mimitchi. Yay! Don't want ANOTHER Mimitchi! Sick of 'em!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back