Tamagotchi M!X - New Bandai Trademark

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have a bit of mixed (pun intended) news sourced from our friend Mr.Blinky on Instagram regarding the M!X's downloads.

Starting with the bad; despite the fact the M!X uses the same IrDa protocol as the past Ir color tamas, the speed of the connection has been bumped up as to make it incompatible with phones and Ir dongles. Unfortunately, It probably has something to do with the whole debacle with the 4U app.

There is a silver lining though. Because the protocol is the same, it might be possible to crack with a bit of tooling around. However, Blinky essentially said not to get your hopes up.

The post is here.

EDIT: Wow, did you guys know that your tama character can have dreams now? It just happened to me, I was so stunned I didn't even manage to take a pic.
This sounds so cool! Thanks for sharing with us. I've never seen this happen with my m!x, I'll need to make sure I keep sound turned on whenever it's asleep from now on!

Shimagurutchi is a pure character (1st generation only) and does not have a hometown.

(I believe that he's worst care from Tororitchi and Waamuwaamutchi.)

When you get him though, the park setting changes to the Tamagotchi Town theme.
Ah, I had wondered this! I knew you could only get him on a Generation 1, but when I asked previously no one seemed to know how. Ah well, I'll try and get him when I get my third M!X I think, as that'll only be a 'spare' so I can unlock Mermaid Palace, but then I'll be able to marry him off as necessary.

Darn, that kinda sucks. Oh well, I'll get him in my Spacy ver when I get it in undisclosed future.

EDIT: Wow, did you guys know that your tama character can have dreams now? It just happened to me, I was so stunned I didn't even manage to take a pic.

Basically I heard my M!X calling (the care miss kind of call) and I was confused because I knew it went to sleep long time ago, and lo and behold it was asleep but had some speech bubbles over it with colorful "HAPPY" over it's head. I pressed a random button and the speech bubble got larger and shown my current character dancing around in the sky with Yotsubatchi, the first ever tama I raised on the M!X.

That's really neat. I wonder if the tama goes to sleep with low happiness meter it can have nightmares?
That's awesome! I had no idea! Definitely going to keep an eye out for this.

Hey guys, I have a bit of mixed (pun intended) news sourced from our friend Mr.Blinky on Instagram regarding the M!X's downloads.

Starting with the bad; despite the fact the M!X uses the same IrDa protocol as the past Ir color tamas, the speed of the connection has been bumped up as to make it incompatible with phones and Ir dongles. Unfortunately, It probably has something to do with the whole debacle with the 4U app.

There is a silver lining though. Because the protocol is the same, it might be possible to crack with a bit of tooling around. However, Blinky essentially said not to get your hopes up.

The post is here.
Thanks for sharing that! I won't get too hopeful, but will try to stay positive. It'll be such a shame if we can't get the downloads, as they really do add to the Tamagotchis I find. Ah well, if not, I still have my download-heavy 4U+, haha. I do hope that the decision to change the irDA connection isn't related the the 4U App debacle but, well. You never know. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! I'm long, long, long time lurker on Tamatalk. The new M!x is fantastic but there's one thing troubling me.

Since gen 1, I've had a tamagotchi that refuses to eat the berry sundae. I am now on gen 4, and whatever gene is responsible for my tama abhorring this food is clearly dominant, as I'm still unable to get my tama to eat it.

Is there any guess as to when this trait will be outbred? I want to be able to unlock all locations, and I'd like to avoid a restart.

Does your tama have full hunger? For some reason in this version snacks count as food that refills hunger as well, not only happiness. They won't eat snacks if their hunger is full.

I've fed it other snacks from the restaurant without protest, on full hunger and not-full.

That's strange... I remember my character protesting from eating the berry sundae but only when it had at least one hunger empty, but never for no reason.

Some of the snacks still fill just the happiness meter, one being the Lemon Mousse.

I dropped by the TamaDepa yesterday to grab some downloads! The m!x station beach is really cute. The downloadable items in the shop change every time you access it, which is kind of fun. Looking forward to what they'll have for autumn (and hoping for Halloween-related downloads).

I got some cute accessories and livings and the Watawata Wataameya-san minigame. It's a memory game where Watawatatchi makes and sells cotton candy at a beach stall and you have to keep track of how many she has left in stock.

Here's the cute fireworks living room I grabbed:

7Y2Q2bU.jpg

Jhud and lemonboops, thank you for your help!

I tried feeding him the berry sundae with the hunger meter down, and it worked! What threw me for a loop was that it was the only snack that I couldn't feed him when the hunger meter was full, and since I am so diligent with filling hunger as soon as its empty, I didn't notice that only one snack was giving me this problem.

I theorize that since this snack has unlockable content associated with it, Berry Town must be unlocked not by the number of times the berry sundae is purchased/consumed, but by how many times it is used to fill a hunger meter. I'm not sure of the game's logic behind this, but it's interesting to note if only so that someone else reading this thread may note the same issue and learn from my experience.

I'll be off to Berry Town soon, which contains my favorite (food-themed!) tamas :D

So fun fact: you can actually have friends from the various towns come visit you (like Mametchi from Tamatown) and bring you gifts when you go out to your "garden". I wish I could've captured it but it's pretty much just the character walking up, talking a bit and then they give you something (might not always have a gift). You'll open it in front of them and then it goes into your inventory.

That's pretty nifty!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it too, Jellytchi gave me a jello desert ("jelly jelly", weird name) and Orchestratchi gave me a music pretzel. It's a really cute feature!

I dropped by the TamaDepa yesterday to grab some downloads! The m!x station beach is really cute. The downloadable items in the shop change every time you access it, which is kind of fun. Looking forward to what they'll have for autumn (and hoping for Halloween-related downloads).

I got some cute accessories and livings and the Watawata Wataameya-san minigame. It's a memory game where Watawatatchi makes and sells cotton candy at a beach stall and you have to keep track of how many she has left in stock.

Here's the cute fireworks living room I grabbed:

7Y2Q2bU.jpg
Very jealous that you can get downloads! They look so pretty! *o*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back