Tamagotchi P's. Another new tamagotchi in Japan?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This YouTube video from Tokyo MX (TV station) contains footage showing the default Heart Piece (Pearce?) being removed and the replaced with the L-M version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4WS6FNFoOo

Tamagotchi P's coverage starts at about 0:54 in the clip.
MOAR PIX 4 U ALL :*

xmas0002.jpg

20120905195826_02_400.jpg

Urepia_8939_1.jpg

img_3abc4c73ab95b067025127be620815f741240.jpg

xmas0003.jpg

xmas0005.jpg

I am lusting after the pink one like I can't even.

Uh, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought most of the characters look weird. LOL. Actually, it's like all of the males minus like, two... well, for me. :| All the girl gachis are so cute!

I think I like this design the best out of all the gachis so far though... Well, just because I'm a huge fan of super ultra girly things. :p
I squealed like a crazy fangirl when I saw these. :p I can't decide between the blue, or white... I already have a blue iD-L, so I don't want to double colors, but I might make an exception to the blue, I really like it. Look at the third picture, with all six colors on display, and look towards the bottom, the Tamagotchi P's box is there. I like how... clean the box looks this time, with all the white and all it looks kind of like the box iPhones come in. :p It's pretty, but I miss how "On display" the iD-L's box looked...

Anyway, to the video, the clips look like they have a USB thing attached to them, the Tamagotchi looks like it has a USB port. I wonder if that's how we'll get downloads from now on? Maybe we can finally plug our Tamagotchis into our computers and download things that way? That'd be cool, I just hope we can download from outside of Japan if it were like that...

Edit: Just noticed something else. On the picture with the pink, blue, and green Tamagotchi P's, there's some text on the signs behind them. I think the pink one's says "Cute piece for you." or something like that, it's a bit light. Maybe the P in Tamagotchi P's stands for "piece"? As in the heart pieces you can attach to your Tamagotchi P's?

Double edit: And I noticed another thing. :p On the second to last picture, it looks like one of the Tamagotchi P's comes with the Love & Melody piece... and it's pink. I think I'll order the piece separately unless there's a Love & Melody set for all of the colors, I really don't want a pink TMGC P's...

Last edited by a moderator:
I might preorder that pink Love & Melody set.... I was leaning towards white... but I kind of want that deco piece :T

The "P" likely means "Pieces or Parts" of my (tamagotchi) heart. They probably will call these guys "Deco Pieces"...

I just hope these look different then the Precure ones... Cause if you guys buy them by accident, you will probably be mad. Some sellers have been selling these in sets of three (standard pack is of 3) without the package image.... They look insanely cute, too... I figure I will put a mini guide of the Precure ones somewhere.... I would hate you guys to get them and they not work.

Gur.... I don't know what color I want. Blue or Pink? I think I prefer Blue... But they are all so pretty.

I really like the Shell Design, but they seem kinda girly, that doesn't mean I'm not getting one though. but the I have a White and Green iD L and those two Colors on the Tamagotchi P seem the best.

Hmm, why are they discontinuing so many characters in the Tamagotchi P and the anime? I'm not especially fond of the new adults, what happened to Lovelitchi, Meloditchi, Kuishinbotchi,... I loved those characters! I might buy this eventually, but only after I see reviews of it and I find out ALL the features. Like, if it has a USB port or something for downloads.

Hey, where's the IR connection port? Maybe I'm not understanding something.

Edit: this also reminds me of the V4.5: it's got great new features, games, etc, but it's full of new characters that are nowhere near as cute as the old ones.

OMG! First time I've really wanted a white shell. It looks beautiful! I suppose you can buy the add-on pieces separately? Are those the "deco" items? I'm a bit confused by that.

If you have a recent pokemon game. Like silver/gold or black/white... You can barely see the ir piece. Probably did something of the sort. The new characters will probably need some getting used to.

Although it's rectangular, there's no indication that the Deco Pierce socket is USB compatible. We've not seen any indication that the Tamagotchi P's can connect by-wire to a PC. Surely if it supported such a big feature, it would have been mentioned in the press release.

The IR port on the Tamagotchi P's can be clearly seen in the video (at 1:14). The IR port will be used to connect to other Tamagotchis. I'm trying to remain hopeful about this, but currently it appears that the Tamagotchi P's will not accept downloadable content via IR. One Japanese news article was making fun of Bandai, stating that they were taking a step backwards by reverting to cartridges while the rest of the world was moving forward with downloadable content. Also, on the Tamagotchi iD and Tamagotchi iD L press releases, the download feature was mentioned, and the download site addresses were given. The Tamagotchi P's press release doesn't mention downloadable content, and doesn't list a download site address.

Although it's rectangular, there's no indication that the Deco Pierce socket is USB compatible. We've not seen any indication that the Tamagotchi P's can connect by-wire to a PC. Surely if it supported such a big feature, it would have been mentioned in the press release.

The IR port on the Tamagotchi P's can be clearly seen in the video. The IR port will be used to connect to other Tamagotchis. I'm trying to remain hopeful about this, but currently it appears that the Tamagotchi P's will not accept downloadable content via IR. One Japanese news article was making fun of Bandai, stating that they were taking a step backwards by reverting to cartridges while the rest of the world was moving forward with downloadable content. Also, on the Tamagotchi iD and Tamagotchi iD L press releases, the download feature is mentioned, and the download site addresses are given. The Tamagotchi P's press release doesn't mention downloadable content, and doesn't list a download site address.
I have to agree with the said news article, as downloadable content is much more accessible than using "cartridges", and yes it is rather a step backward than forward. However, I think Bandai is aware of the Tama-Go concept and thought that they might earn more money from selling these "add-on" cartridges as the previous downloadable-content items were basically free of charge.

I wonder if the contents of these said Deco-Pierce "cartridges" would be copied over to the Tamagotchi P's once they get plugged in? Because if not, it would be very cumbersome if they release additional cartridges because users will have to keep plugging/unplugging these just to access the stuff on them.

Are they purposefully making tama's girlier and girlier with each generation? Jeez, As long as the case size is the same as the ID L i'll be able to swap them around but otherwise i'm not so sure i'll be able to pull a "pink sparkly tama with a big pink heart" out of my pocket in work or the pub without being ridiculed lol

I wonder if downloading is still Inculded, but it isn't considered as big of a feature.. Maybe, they noticed that many Japanese people were moving away from older cell phones, and going towards the IPhones and androids? So, since that not may people are using IR phones.. Then they won't be able to access downloads, which might make people turned off from tamagotchi... So! They could have added Bluetooth, but that could have been expensive.. And so, they added these cartridges similar to the Tama-Go. They made them all pretty to get kids super excited to collect them all, so... More money!

Are they purposefully making tama's girlier and girlier with each generation? Jeez, As long as the case size is the same as the ID L i'll be able to swap them around but otherwise i'm not so sure i'll be able to pull a "pink sparkly tama with a big pink heart" out of my pocket in work or the pub without being ridiculed lol
Actually from what I've read, they are supposedly going to be slightly smaller and I don't think that switching the shell would work anyway because of the spot where we would put "deco pieces" and we also don't even lnow if it's still going to be using IR :/

The "P" likely means "Pieces or Parts" of my (tamagotchi) heart. They probably will call these guys "Deco Pieces"...
I was thinking the P stood for "petite" since it's slightly smaller than previous colored versions

Found the original press release on Tamagotchi!'s Twitter:

https://bandai.hs.llnwd.net/e1/corp/press/1000001238.pdf

Translated with Google, it says:

New series appeared in the "Tamagotchi," which topped 38 million units since its revival in 2004 total number of sales!"Tamagotchi P's" Peace Tamagotchi

Release November 23, 2012 (Friday-Holiday)

Four simultaneous communication features and upgraded by replacement of the cartridge only!'s First ever "Tamagotchi!"

Bandai Co., Ltd. (President: Kazunori Ueno, headquartered in Taito-ku, Tokyo), and the latest model in the series "Tamagotchi"

Tamagotchi Peace

Te, "Tamagotchi P's" (all six, including tax ¥ 5,040 each) on sale (Friday-Holiday) November 23 is the birthday of Tamagotchi, the.

Tamagotchi

Bandai will release in November 2009, "Tamagotchi P's" will, "Tamagotchi're selling a total of 1.72 million units

Aidi

It is a new series that follows the i D "series. New features that can be plugged into a "Tamagotchi P's" to "Dekopiasu Tama" (sold separately), to upgrade the body to add games and characters, and items and a wider range of play more. In addition, using infrared communication with friends was popular in the "Tamagotchi" until now "play" communication will allow up to 4 people at the same time, the communication function is up. Plans to launch new products on a regular basis according to the story (see page ※ 3) TV anime new development will start from (Monday), "Dekopiasu or was" The Dekopiasu Tama "as the first September 10 Rabumero ver. "released (Friday-Holiday) November 23 (including tax ¥ 1,050).

A girl of 7 to 9 years of age, toy store toy department of national, mass merchandisers, department stores, the main target of "Tamagotchi P's", the main sales channels, such as Internet sales are. Bandai, it is planning to sell 60 million by March 2013, the "Tamagotchi P's".

"Tamagotchi P's" (all six, including tax ¥ 5,040 each)

("Dekopiasu Tama" ※ is sold separately) when installing "Dekopiasu Tama" (right) body (left) / All six photos

© BANDAI, WiZ

One

major new element of "Tamagotchi P's"

■ version up in the body replace the "Dekopiasu" Tama!

Is plugged into a "Tamagotchi P's" to "Dekopiasu Tama" (sold separately), you can download the new view of the world,

Characters and items, such as games that can be grown is added. You can make up your own version of "Tamagotchi P's", this product can enjoy a longer one body. As the first step, play in the world of "street" Tama and add a "black bean Tsu Chi" "Tsu Chi" Melody "Tsu Chi Buri" popular character "Deco Earrings Rabumero ver. Tama" (including tax ¥ 1,050) I released (Friday-Holiday) November 23. "Tsu Chi egg! Yume Kira Dream" new TV series anime (TV Tokyo every Monday night from 7:00) "Dekopiasu Tama" is expected to release new products on a regular basis according to the story (see page ※ 3) .

You can add characters and popular items, games and more!

■ In the "play" communication can communicate and infrared Tamagotchi friends!, Group communication and conversation was with a new feature that allows you to be able to exchange messages. Or

Group communication in four can be had, so far two people from communication, you can exchange messages when communicating simultaneously. Or the character of each other back and forth, such as the four games together, you can enjoy unique communication play a large number of people, and a wider range of play.

"Deco Earrings Rabumero ver. Tama" (sold separately, including tax ¥ 1,050)

► Image ► exchange group communication messages can be

■ training play power-up!

Including 27 new characters that appear in the new series of TV animation, all characters 32

Vector is now raised. In addition, since it is possible to go to school, such as a part-time job to us Tamagotchi, you can talk to the world to suit your child's lifestyle. When installed in a series "Dekopiasu Tama" (sold separately), you can further increase the number of characters is possible.

■ play in conjunction with the data Carddass

"Tamagotchi P's" are not balls accumulate digital card game "data Carddass

(Scheduled to start operations in late November, 1 coupon per play 100 yen including tax) Rhythm TamaRiz ち "Cum play I linked to. When set to the housing of the data Carddass the "Tamagotchi P's", the character that I am raising appeared on the screen of the data Carddass enjoy the game.

► image Carddass housing data

► studded new character!

Set to the chassis "Tamagotchi P's"

◆ What is "Tamagotchi" What is it?

"Tamagotchi" portable training game first was released in 1996, a big hit to sell about 40 million units worldwide

I became a commodity. Revival in 2004 "came rather Tamagotchi Plus!" As a play, communication by infrared communication function is supported mainly girls in elementary school, "Plus Series Tamagotchi" is at the end of June, annual sales (2012 pieces of 3,866 millions all over the world / total 8 models).

Has now established itself as a popular character as well as the body.

◆ The Start "Yume Kira Dream! Tamagotchi" New TV anime!

"Tamagotchi!" TV Anime fourth year in October of this year (being broadcast by TV Tokyo), the

New Developments in with the theme of "Dream", from (Monday) will start on September 10. Draw a story that we ち Tsu beans that have been studied in the "Dream Town" city that will support the dream of everyone, started walking towards his dream with his blood "っ" Kirari "Mitch" dream of a new character. (Details of the work https://ani.tv/tamagotchi/ here)

Tamagotchi TV cBANDAI · WiZ / TV TOKYO · 2012Team

■ Product name

■ ■ size ■ kind ■ Date selling price from

<Description>

: "Tamagotchi P's"

Date: November 23, 2012 (Friday-Holiday)

: 5,040 yen each (tax included)

: All six (pink, white, blue, yellow, purple, green) (including battery / body) 70g about W55 × H66 × D30mm, W80 × H110 × D50mm (package)

■ electrical ■ Supplier

Pond Books: 2 × AAA batteries (included)

Like: LCD LCD / 1.44 inches TFT, 128 × 128 color dot matrix

CPU/32 bit RISC microcomputer

■ Root: Sales department store toy toys, department stores, mass merchandisers, such as Internet sales

■ Target: 7 years to 9-year-old girl

■ ■ ■ Date selling price size from ■ Product name

■ electrical

■ Root: Sales department store toy toys, department stores, mass merchandisers, ■ etc. Internet sales target: 7 years to 9-year-old girl

※, "Tamagotchi iD Series" Plus "series Tamagotchi" and "Tamagotchi series", "Tamagotchi P's" is a product of joint planning and development Wiz Ltd. and Bandai Co., Ltd..

Tamagotchi official website found on the internet:!! Http://tamatv.com/ Bandai website: https://www.bandai.co.jp/

: Not required pond

: ". Deco Earrings Rabumero ver" Tama: November 23, 2012 (Friday-Holiday)

: 1,050 yen (tax included): W100 × H195 × D20mm (package)

About 2.4g

I'm not sure if was referring to TMGC P downloads or the attachment things...

Plans to launch new products on a regular basis according to the story (see page ※ 3) TV anime new development will start from (Monday), "Dekopiasu or was" The Dekopiasu Tama "as the first September 10 Rabumero ver. "released (Friday-Holiday) November 23 (including tax ¥ 1,050).
Maybe Bandai will make both?

Even though i really really like the shells and the colors(in the video and in the pictures, i kinda get the impression that they were trying to show us a refined / sophisticated tamagotchi ; we are really far away from the first plastic looking toys from 1996 / 2000 ), i'm not very found of the pieces sold separately...

For everyone that is not living in Japan, we will go though heck trying to find those pieces and buy them (and what will be the price ??? :huh: )

I personnaly think that the pieces on the top of it are spoiling the hole beauty of the Tamagotchi. Just look at it ! looks like a jewel ! ^^

I'd buy the green one ^_^ I love light green.

Yeah, I like the heart, but I don't really like the idea of buying extra pieces.

I like the idea, first because I like the way that jewel piece looks with the two hearts; second, because it means we won't have to rely totally on infrared data transfer for some of the extras (for those of us with no infrared phones/USB adapters).

Well, I'm so ticked that all the characters I loved are gone, and about Yumemitchi taking over, that I decided not to get a Tamagotchi P's, especially with how cheesy the new anime is. =.=

Still, I'll like reading about other people's Tama P's. :)

I really like the white one.

And I like that the characters are different.

One is the loneliest number? xP

I think I'll ask for one for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back