What inspired your user name?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hated character from the anime Madoka Magica. It's sort of like a noise he makes.

Finnish word for "cat." Been using the name everywhere for the past couple of months, and it's been sticking. :3

When I really look back on it, I have absolutely no idea what inspired my username. I had never made "Chatterbox" my username for anything before TamaTalk, and I haven't made it my username for anything else since (and it's been nearly 10 years, I made this account in 2006!). I guess it just came to me and I rolled with it.

(Sorry about the long text, it's a really random story. :p )

My name comes from the last part of an exclamation in Swedish, which is equavivalent in use to "abra kadabra".

The exclamation is "Hokus pokus filijokus", and really has no meaning apart from indicating that some kind of magic is happening.

Apparently it comes from a long time ago, when the words said by the priest during the communion in the christian services were in latin, and nonschooled people in Sweden thought it was some kind of magic, transforming the wine and bread into the blood and body of Jesus Christ. The "incantation" was joked about, and as it was thought that parts of it sounded like "Hokus pokus filijokus", it began to be used jokingly as a magic incantation.

I took my name because I was noticing that the last part is almost always left out.

For example, in Sweden you might read someone promoting a theory, stating "This is no hokus pokus, it's really based on research and science."

They just always seem to leave out filijokus part.

I don't have a problem with that, I just decided to take part of the word and use it as a name for fun.

Nowadays though, I almost always use the name Chaios, because I feel like i can relate to a crossing of chai tea and chaos. There is plenty of both in my life. :D

My user name is kind of a pun on my last name. Obviously I can't post my last name on the internet, but if you knew me I swear it'd be funny :p

It's my xbox and my ps4 ID, but it's a play on my initials. "JJ" are my real first and last name (it's supposed to be J squared) and Noir is my alternative last name.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Lame but) the closest person to me is my Gran...ye

And the 678...well when I was younger //around 2006// I was trying to make a YouTube profile, and I wanted to do something with the word ''Gran'' in it, so I tried things and putting 678 was the first thing to work, and since then the username Gran678 has kinda just stuck with me, I use it for pretty much everything, YouTube, Minecraft, LoL, WoW, Xbox, Tamatalk and pretty much everywhere else~

Lame story is lame :lol:

I've been using my nickname since I was 12 (now i'm 26). It comes from a character of a 90s anime show called Akihabara Dennou Gumi (Cyberteam in Akihabara),but it really comes from greek mythology.

It is my Japanese nickname that I have had for almost 20 years now. And when I lived in Japan, everyone called me Ebochan or Ebachan.

The Japanese word, 'watashi' stuck out quite a bit for me. If I recall correctly, it supposedly means I, or me. I occasionally hear the phrase 'watashi wa' whenever I watch Japanese anime. Believing that it meant 'I am', It was then that I adopted the phrase into my username, so that in a way, I wanted people to know who I am. It wasn't until later that I was told I had it all wrong. But still, I've stuck with it, because it represents my very first thought on what 'watashi wa' meant. Also, it is the name of a fan character I drew as well.... ^^;

I just love the word 'melody' because it sounds really nice. Melodytchi, is also one of my favourite Tamagotchi characters. I'd like to name a pet - or even a fish - Melody. Haha!

I don't actually know what inspired this username, like I said on my other account. I made this account back in 2008 so I was like 13 so *shrugging emoji*

Shotaro Kaneda (or Kaneda as he's called in the movie) is one of my favorite anime characters- so I thought hey, why not.

tumblr_mkus2pNIgn1rayy8fo1_500.jpg

I really love Aibo robot dogs. So you've heard of werewolves? Well I'm a wereaibo.

I generally use "Aeterna" or "Aeterna Nox" for my handles (Eternal/Eternal Night, respectively.) But when I made this account, I didn't see the typo. o_0

I decided not to scratch the ID when I realized that it would be pronnounced the same as Aten-Ra, the egyptian sun god. I can get over that kind of a mistake.

I wanted to put my dogs name as a username on another site but it was taken. Out of frustration, I did Oreothing and now that's what I use. ^_^

I wanted to put my dogs name as a username on another site but it was taken. Out of frustration, I did Oreothing and now that's what I use. ^_^
I assume the puppy is called Oreo? I love it! If I went with that, I would be RisiThing, ObsidianThing, or MurderfaceThing, depending on which pet's name I chose. ♡ Any of them sound good, considering how much I love my critters! ♡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back