would you sue JD?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you sue JD for fake tams?

• yes! they should be sued for making all those fake tams!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no! no way! they have a right to make 'virtual pets' fake or no.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no, no, sue the fake tam vendors!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ehh, i really dont care.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I WOULD sue them. I mean, if you search "Tamagotchi" on Ebay, you get, like, a million JDs. Some of the Jds are so "real", its H-A-R-D to tell. They even use the same characters as Tamagotchis.
    My point: Its soooo simalar (in some of Jds "Tams",) why not!

You should see BanBia, they copy the logo, exept theirs says BanBia. They use the same icons, characters, they even connect, but it freezes and says error in the middle of the connection... UUGGHHH! :( LOL
Well if you sued them, you'd certainly NOT win.

The icons, characters, infrared technology, and the shape of the tamagotchi is NOT copywrited. What those companies are doing are trying to make their VIRTUAL PETS, better than tamagotchis.

They are SIMILAR, but they are NOT the same thing.

You guys need to get over it.

In fact, just the other day I saw this ones shirt I liked at the Dollar Store for $6, made by some company called Hangwire. Then a few days later I go inside Hot Topic and see the exact same shirt for $19, only it says it's made by some company called Dirby.

Now Hangwire did copy Dirby's shirt but they sold it for a cheaper price.

THAT is how business is. They compete. JD is NOT doing ANYTHING wrong.

C~M

Last edited by a moderator:
I WOULD sue them. I mean, if you search "Tamagotchi" on Ebay, you get, like, a million JDs. Some of the Jds are so "real", its H-A-R-D to tell. They even use the same characters as Tamagotchis.
My point: Its soooo simalar (in some of Jds "Tams",) why not!

You should see BanBia, they copy the logo, exept theirs says BanBia. They use the same icons, characters, they even connect, but it freezes and says error in the middle of the connection... UUGGHHH! :( LOL
That's not JDs faulth- that's the ignorant people on eBays fault.

You realize you can sue someone all you want, but that doesn't garentee you will get anything out of it besides a broke wallet.

I don't like the idea of JD or any other Fake Tamagotchi company ripping off people but they haven't broke any rule, Only if they actually named the toy ''Tamagotchi'' and they never claimed the characters at all. In fact Jd isn't even a real company. There are alot of companies named JD. for example, JD sports clothing or JD squared.

Would you sue Savings for making cheaper frozen veggies in a simple packet?Would you sue LG for making mobile phones?

Would you sue Matel for making toy basketballs?

Remember, unless the company is trying to claim that they are making BANDAI tamagotchis they are quite entitled to make virtual pets. Every product has a company that will sell a homebrand version... something that is same as the brand name but cheaper and a little less good quality. Think about it.. you can get expensive shoes and cheap shoes. You can get brand name food products or your can get savings or Woolies brand. There is the game ConnectFour and another company makes LineUpFour which is the same game just named differently and cheaper. :D

You can't sue a company for making their own version of a product even if it does the same thing. :D You can only sue if they are claiming to be something they are not... i.e. putting a Bandai logo on their own product.
I agree. And at Wal-Mart a lot of times I see cereals that have been copied. Here's some examples:

Cheerios - $3.48 per regular size box

O Flakes - $.99 per regular size box, even though they are exactly the same, they cannot be sued.

Honey Bunches of Oats - $3.99 per regular size box

Honey Oats - $1.75 per regular size box, even though they are exactly the same and taste the same too, they cannot be sued.

Tamagotchi - $14.99 per Tamagotchi Unit

Honey Lovers - $10.99 per unit, even thought they may look the same and do the same thing, they cannot be sued.

Get what I'm saying? Even Wal-Mart has their own brands of food that they sell for cheaper than the other stuff. It tastes the same and looks the same, but it has a diffrent name, therefore they CANNOT be sued.

C~M

Maybe.

They did take some of the characters on Tamagotchi.

♥CT

JD only copied bandi's awsome tamgotchi idea because JD has no good ideas of their own to start with, so they copied Bandi and made touch-screen versions of Tamagotchis. U shouldn't sue them, they're pathetic enough......

-------------------------

'(l__l)'

(='.'=)

(") :angry: (") Bunny ate Ichigotchi! Oh my god!!!!! she's not a strawberry, Bunny! Bad bunny! Spit her out this instant!!!!!!!

JD would be arrested ;) :D :angry: :angry: :angry: they are stupid tama-fake makers i hate the JD gotchis because the name can be only...............3 spaces long!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Would you sue Savings for making cheaper frozen veggies in a simple packet?Would you sue LG for making mobile phones?

Would you sue Matel for making toy basketballs?

Remember, unless the company is trying to claim that they are making BANDAI tamagotchis they are quite entitled to make virtual pets. Every product has a company that will sell a homebrand version... something that is same as the brand name but cheaper and a little less good quality. Think about it.. you can get expensive shoes and cheap shoes. You can get brand name food products or your can get savings or Woolies brand. There is the game ConnectFour and another company makes LineUpFour which is the same game just named differently and cheaper. ;)

You can't sue a company for making their own version of a product even if it does the same thing. ;) You can only sue if they are claiming to be something they are not... i.e. putting a Bandai logo on their own product.
You make a good point but, they're not just a home brand and they don't always use different names for thier toy. :furawatchi: The first tama I bought was in a 2 dollar shop. It said,

TAMAGOTCHI CONNECTION V1000 ;)

And on the back

BANTOP in a Bandai square. :mimitchi:

Okay, so it didn't say 'Bandai' but if you didn't pay close attention you could have been fooled, and they called the toy TAMAGOTCHI!!! :( :(

Bellspout has an exellent point there! Its true, I have a JD Tama and its not bad nor good. I find mine never evolves ;) I don't Play with it anymore. Anyways great Topic!

*this is HERE and not in 'whats on your mind' BECAUSE: well, JD is a fake tam company. so, this is related, right?*
Acutally, JD is their own V-pet vendor that make their own virtual pets. They don't call them Tamagotchi's, and they don't put the Bandai logo on their products. A lot of people mistake JD for a fake company, but they're their own company, believe me! Although their stuff might not work, they're not fakes! ;)

I was in The 99 Cent Store in the mall, and I saw fake toys (no tama fakes). They called Cars "King". Above it was "Funny Car" and they even copied Lightning Mcqueen's name! I also saw a Winnie The Pooh fake called "Gout". They even copied Disney Princesses for a boombox! In Dollar King (still no tama fakes), I saw a fake Disney Princesses guitar!

^_^ See? Some companies copy toys to trick other people into buying them, and thinking that it's "real".

So I say, never ever buy a fake from a store!

Take this for example:

Fake Tickle Me Elmo Doll

The fake you will read about above is called "The Laughing Doll" and its Fisher-Price label has been changed to "Handsome" in script letters, which is a popular practice with fake purses and watches, too.

It has appeared in two major Baltimore shopping malls at kiosks that closed down.

You can watch the video in order to see it in action, and what people say about it.

I was in The 99 Cent Store in the mall, and I saw fake toys (no tama fakes). They called Cars "King". Above it was "Funny Car" and they even copied Lightning Mcqueen's name! I also saw a Winnie The Pooh fake called "Gout". They even copied Disney Princesses for a boombox! In Dollar King (still no tama fakes), I saw a fake Disney Princesses guitar! :p See? Some companies copy toys to trick other people into buying them, and thinking that it's "real".

So I say, never ever buy a fake from a store!

Take this for example:

Fake Tickle Me Elmo Doll

The fake you will read about above is called "The Laughing Doll" and its Fisher-Price label has been changed to "Handsome" in script letters, which is a popular practice with fake purses and watches, too.

It has appeared in two major Baltimore shopping malls at kiosks that closed down.

You can watch the video in order to see it in action, and what people say about it.
You're right,sister! (Toonygirl is my sister in real life!) They are trying to tease people!

I have seen fakes of Tamagotchi at Rite Aid.

It starts out when you choose an animal,and it plays "Happy Birthday". It's an annoying fake!

I also broght a cute fake from there called "Princess Max" with a virtural pet named Lovey.

She looks like a My Little Pony Bushwollie.

And then BanDai makes their version of Princess Max called LocketPal.

Fake Tamagotchi also have lead paint on the shells!

Never buy Fake Tamagotchi!

Princess Max is not a fake - it's a girly sillly toy with a built in mirror.

Fake Tama's do NOT have animals in them.

Also, why would I lick a tamagotchi?

Also, why would I lick a tamagotchi?
Babies lick tamagotchi.

Babies only buy fake tamas,because they are for ages 18 months-6 years.

Ebay says fake tamas are for babies! :(

if no one buys those fake jd tamas they will go out of buisness. Then it will be bandia!

I think bandai should sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back