Your photography/art~

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, I'm about to sign up for deviantART. :)
Oh, One more:

Train tracks, 4am.
Man I'm a sucker for traintracks - good photo! I like the lighting.

Add your dev.art address after, I'll watch you.

Here's a new one I took today - SO hard to get this guy to sit still.

I had about 200 frames and this was the only good one, lol.

kitty

I had such an awesome idea so a photo today, but my friend who usually "models" for stuff like this wasn't home.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you use as your editor?
@Cinderpelt - I use Photoshop CS. ^-^

@Tamtamkitty - I loveee colors. Especially deep colors. I'm a sucker for sparkly things that look like they came out of a fantasy world. xD

photography isnt art because all ur doing is snapping a button so its cheating
Art is art, it's up to the artist to say if it their work is art or not. For example, some guy went and took a toilet, turned it upside down, and called it art. Is it art? Yes, because the creator sees it that way. Snapping a button doesn't make it not art, but it is just simply a picture if the photographer and the beholder don't see the beauty within it.

Sorry, had to say that since I am a photographer (just I use a film camera and haven't gotten any film developed so all my good photos aren't on dA yet. lD)

.:My:.:Crap:.

abstract

blue

abstract (II)

one of my crappy traditional pieces. l]

Me~ >D

Fire and Ice

@Cinderpelt - I use Photoshop CS. ^-^
@Tamtamkitty - I loveee colors. Especially deep colors. I'm a sucker for sparkly things that look like they came out of a fantasy world. xD
My photoshop died. :'[ I use Gimp now. It's just as good.. sometimes.. haha.

And deep colours?! Yeah same here. Anything that's really vibrant and catches my eye is a huge plus for me.

I watched you, Safest, and well as you x-Rainbow-Ocean-x.

My photoshop died. :'[ I use Gimp now. It's just as good.. sometimes.. haha.
What tragedy. D:

I have GIMP, too, but I don't use it much. Actually, I don't think it's on this computer. It's on my old one. I didn't use it too much because I was used to photoshop elements.

What tragedy. D:
I have GIMP, too, but I don't use it much. Actually, I don't think it's on this computer. It's on my old one. I didn't use it too much because I was used to photoshop elements.
I was very sad!

And yeah, I guess once you use one photo editor a lot, it's hard to switch!

^ Wow, that's amazing!

https://xmikerzz.deviantart.com/ I've just started doing actual photography for the first time of my life today. I only took like, 2 pictures of flowers but I think they turned out fine considering it was my first time.

Tell me what you think of my pics and please, be brutally honest no matter how hard it is. I'm starting to really like photography and if I want to get anywhere, I need to get critiqued.

Tell me what you think of my pics and please, be brutally honest no matter how hard it is. I'm starting to really like photography and if I want to get anywhere, I need to get critiqued.
I really like them! The only thing I can think of is that they would be great with some editing, and a bit better lighting conditions. :angry:

^Heh, yeah.

I'm not very good at photoshop or gimp yet.

Would picnik do a beginner any good?

^ Yep. I'm a fail editor and one day I tried picnik, and it was really simple. No fancy buttons or anything, and that's how I got to learn about the lighting and sharpness and stuff.

Btw, I like your pictures, too. I agree with mimitchi about the lighting and stuff.. but the angle and the positioning and all is really good. :)

.......I feel like taking pictures today. I took an epic one of a gingerbread house already :D

^Heh, yeah. I'm not very good at photoshop or gimp yet.

Would picnik do a beginner any good?
If you're just bringing out the contrast and adjusting the colours, then Picnik works perfectly fine.

I like your photos, except to add to them, maybe try some different angles, and pick one point on the flower to focus on. And editing is a big plus too, just to make the colours seem more vibrant.

Editing is really a miracle worker for me, lol.

It makes the photographs seem more vintage and professional. Photoshop CS is really easy to familiarize yourself with, and it's an amazing editor.

I haven't tried Picnik though.

Editing is really a miracle worker for me, lol.
It makes the photographs seem more vintage and professional. Photoshop CS is really easy to familiarize yourself with, and it's an amazing editor.

I haven't tried Picnik though.
Picnik is more like, adding text and making it like "pretty". It's a little too basic for my liking, and plus it's only avaliable on the internet, which blows. But if you need a quick fix and you're desprate, it's something you can use. :]

I like photoshop, but for now I have to use Gimp. ;[

Picnik is more like, adding text and making it like "pretty". It's a little too basic for my liking, and plus it's only avaliable on the internet, which blows. But if you need a quick fix and you're desprate, it's something you can use. :]
I like photoshop, but for now I have to use Gimp. ;[
Photoshop CS is just right for me. It's not the fancy new version, but it gets the job done very good.

PS is just too expensive to be getting all the newer versions... :(

Besides, PS CS has loads of things to monkey with and I still don't know all of it's functions, but I know enough to make a picture look good. ;)

There's also bunches of tutorials out there to help with editing and things of that nature. Heck, DeviantART is full of them. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back