emos

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really mean..
Besides, its a whole load of crap :)
First it's truthful and my opinion which I'm rightfully entitled to. If you don't like it, don't read it.

And actually it's not.

Emo people act the way they do because they want attention.

There's a HUGE difference between depression and emo.

Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Emo is a fad.

People who cut themselves for because they're depressed need psychological help.

People who cut themselves with broken toothpicks because 'that's what emos do' need to be shot.

First it's truthful and my opinion which I'm rightfully entitled to. If you don't like it, don't read it.
And actually it's not.

Emo is a fad.

People who cut themselves for because they're depressed need psychological help.

People who cut themselves with broken toothpicks because 'that's what emos do' need to be shot.
*nods*

I think the 'emo' fad is overrated and just rediculous.

I think all you should stop insulting the way NORMAL PEOPLE THINK.Yeah, I'm a normal person.
The reason people don't like people with the emo mindset is that people complaining about their life gets old.

In other words "People wrapped up in themselves make small packages." (A cookie to someone who knows where that came from.)

She isn't "insulting the way NORMAL PEOPLE THINK." She's saying something that you feel personally attacked by.

It's certainly not the type of mood/style I want to be caught into. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, but that's just what I think. Well, who want's to be sad and depressed all the time? Certainly not me. I want to enjoy life without the label.of being 'Emo.'

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't label people. Emos are just like everyone else, except they express their feelings differently.

So I honestly can say I don't have anything against them. :D

I don't label people. Emos are just like everyone else, except they express their feelings differently.So I honestly can say I don't have anything against them. :D
Well it's really a fad if you think about it, that's what bugs me.

People probably wouldn't be this way if no one ever heard of 'emo' and such.

I don't think of emos as different to other people. They are human, and are entitled to their choice of life, just like the rest of us.

I think its stupid that people label people... But as people label me Im 'emo'. Because I listen to slipknot alot wear 'emo' stuff and wear alot of eyeliner.

It gets me annoyed I mean were all people.. why waste your time labelling..

its sad really. x

Thats 100% true.
That's actually about half true.

Emo has become a trend. It's 'cool' to be emo in society's warped state of mind. Kind of like how it's considered 'sexy' if you can see every bone in a girl's body.

The majority of people I've met who are emo labeled themselves that, or were labeled by someone else and continued to label themselves.

It's no different than the people who label themselves as prep, scene, goth, nerd etc.

The only real difference between emo and other labels is that people who call themselves emo tend to be extremely annoying with their constant complaining.

It's not always that someone else labels others as emo. A lot of them label themselves that.

SK, that is a valid point, but I meant, the real ones, not these posers. Usually(Not 100% of the time) other people label some kids who sit in corners with all the steriotypical 'emo' stuff, "Emo kids". These, "Emo kids" then think, 'Hmm, that's what they call me, so I must be one.' that's why, when you ask a steriotypical "Emo kid" if he/she is emo, they'd say yes. I'm not saying this is the only way it starts, but I know this does happen.

SK, that is a valid point, but I meant, the real ones, not these posers. Usually(Not 100% of the time) other people label some kids who sit in corners with all the steriotypical 'emo' stuff, "Emo kids". These, "Emo kids" then think, 'Hmm, that's what they call me, so I must be one.' that's why, when you ask a steriotypical "Emo kid" if he/she is emo, they'd say yes. I'm not saying this is the only way it starts, but I know this does happen.
I don't think I've ever seen a 'real' emo. All the emo people I've seen are all stereotypical, as that's what all labels really are. Stereotypes.

And actually it's not.

Emo is a fad.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I have a friend who is suffering form deppression ever since her father died and her mother is an alcoholic, and she cuts herself and is getting help for it.

Now there are "emos" at my school who cut themselves because "they are emo". People just cut themselves or pretend they do because they say, "none of my friends want to help me and my parents won't let me blah blah." How about if your parents beat you. Yeah. Then you would have a reason to cut yourself buddy.

*BaBi*

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have anything against them at all. My friend is even one. People at my school do call them weiros, though. I think that is totally unfair. It's just an attitude, right?

Took the words right out of my mouth. I have a friend who is suffering form deppression ever since her father died and her mother is an alcoholic, and she cuts herself and is getting help for it.
Now there are "emos" at my school who cut themselves because "they are emo". People just cut themselves or pretend they do because they say, "none of my friends want to help me and my parents won't let me blah blah." How about if your parents beat you. Yeah. Then you would have a reason to cut yourself buddy.

*BaBi*
What aggravates me the most about the emo label, is depression and anxiety are REAL things. But with the stereotypes it's made to look like a joke.

I have real depression and anxiety that is clinically diagnosed. I've cut for nearly 7 years and have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. But because people see scars on my arm, they put me into the label of emo and I'm treated as some angsty teen with no real problems.

It sickens me that the 'emo' thing has gone so far to the point where real depression and anxiety aren't being treated the way they need to be and looked at as fake. All because some stupid people decided one day to make cutting and depression/mental disorders the 'cool' thing to do/have

And they enjoy going around saying 'i am emo' 'i have problems' and our school thinks it is an epic problem going around, and they must help these 'poor tourtured souls' as they call them. I just want to scream 'Leave those fake attention seekers alone with their lives and help those who really need it by looking beyond the black clothes and the shirts that acctualy say "leave me alone i am emo!"!'

*BaBi*

And they enjoy going around saying 'i am emo' 'i have problems' and our school thinks it is an epic problem going around, and they must help these 'poor tourtured souls' as they call them. I just want to scream 'Leave those fake attention seekers alone with their lives and help those who really need it by looking beyond the black clothes and the shirts that acctualy say "leave me alone i am emo!"!'

*BaBi*
Much agreed.

It seems like real depression is ignored, but the people seeking attention actually get it.

People with real depression don't flaunt it.

Don't people with real depression tend to tell people they can trust their feelings, such as a close friend or family member also? I'm pretty easy going, but I am not depressed. I deal with a lot of stress, however. I did have some depression growing up, wich was caused by stress and having issues with an insane father. I took zoloft.

Emos? I ignore them or post the "Emo Kitten" or "Emo Cobra Commander" image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back