Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love twilight and all of it's sequals and characters. Honestly I don't understand why so many people are saying it's a bad book I loved it. But I'm like a total sucker for love stories. Lol my boyfriend is reading it for me.

Eh. I read it once, hated it, but I guess I should read it over, I may just like it. But I still think Bella is a leech. |D

I can't edit that last post because it's so old, but I reread Twillight, and haven't changed my views on it:

What the... I can't believe... she uses the metaphor "liquid topaz eyes". I mean, how much cornier can you get? Physical features are so repetitively described, in fact, that I know more about Edward's "perfectly muscled chest" than his vampire fangs.

Let's review what we all know about vampires, shall we? Only come out at night. Sleep in coffins or tombs (or satin sheets, if you're an "Angel" fan). Hate holy water, crosses, and garlic. Stake through the heart. Fangs. You're with me, right? Well, Meyer's not. Meyer checked "none of the above" and wrote in her own answers! How cheeky of her! Her vamps are sparkly, fragrant, mind-reading, and my favorite- can run really, really, really fast. And despite the great number of times she references their "teeth," she never can seem to bring herself to say "fangs." It's as if she wanted the vampire mystique, but not, you know, the actual monster. But no fangs? Say it ain't so! Kinda takes the bite out of it all. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I never read it before but my mom and sister have. It suppose to be about vampires or something. Its a horror and romance thing i not real into. I'd kill to be pale like the person on the cover!

>_> all the girls in my school are obsessed with the book. i've never read it, and don't intend on it.

i like horror, but romance? bleh.

and some people say it's terribly written, so yeah, i don't think i'd like it.

but vampires are cool though.

wow, you people are the first peopl ive ever heard say they didnt like it! i personally liked it. you should read it if u like:

~romance

~drama

~si-fi

~ guys who are all too perfect

~guys who talk with big words i dont understand

I love these books. The fact that people are that obbsessed bothers me though. It's a book. Don't start thinking, "I'm married to Edward Cullen 'cause he is teh smex! <333333", because Edward doesn't exist. Thank you for reading that, now, on to fan-stuff. :3

I might go to the Midnight Masquerade with my cousin. We'll dress up like vampyres if we go. x3

Oh, and she decided that the day the movie comes out, she'll take me. Apparently, Edward is her 'life'. So is 300. And a million other things. xP

I don't like Edward. He's too perfect. No, Jacob is the best. I love him. And out of all the vampyres, Jasper is the coolest. Sorry Edward. You're a no-no on my list.

They are good books, but trust me, you want to read Stephanie Meyer, read The Host. I prefer it to Twilight anyday. <3

Hey hey, stop crushing fangirl's hearts. If it was someone from Beyond Birthday or something, would you have an issue?

It's the general fangirl thing. But the wars over EC are...annoying. xD

:D ;) :( :D i've read it i've loved it.....i'm reading it i still love it!

i love edward cullen and the guy who's playing him in the movie! he's so cute!

I read it in 8th grade but didn't finish because i thought it was boring. ^O^; Sorry! I don't think Edward is perfect, he gets too many moodswings! It's pretty annoying. Anywho, practically everyone in my school obsesses over them.Last week I was going to get a drink of water and there was these two girls spazzing out over it.

Girl #1: OMG DID YOU KNOW ABOUT BREAKING DAWN!!!!!!111111 OMG I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Girl #2: OMG I KNOW RITE EDWARD IS ALLLLLLLLL MINE!!!!!!!111 IM GONNA FINISH IT IN ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Seriously thats how they were! They were even jumping up and down. I was like "Um, can you move out of the way..I need water...o_O" xD

Hey hey, stop crushing fangirl's hearts. If it was someone from Beyond Birthday or something, would you have an issue?
It's the general fangirl thing. But the wars over EC are...annoying. xD
Beyond Birthday is the character from a book, not the name of the book ^^'

Yeah, I'd still have an issue. Beyond is cool, but still, being like, "BB IS MINE BACK OFF YOU FLARGANOOSHIES!" is just... annoying. Because he doesn't exist either. But, you know, people do what they like. :3

(@ Charm) It's about a girl who falls in love with a vampyre. Then stuff happens, y'know. You gotta read it to get it ^^'

Beyond Birthday is the character from a book, not the name of the book ^^'Yeah, I'd still have an issue. Beyond is cool, but still, being like, "BB IS MINE BACK OFF YOU FLARGANOOSHIES!" is just... annoying. Because he doesn't exist either. But, you know, people do what they like. :3

(@ Charm) It's about a girl who falls in love with a vampyre. Then stuff happens, y'know. You gotta read it to get it ^^'
ehh, sorry. Is he from Another Note? -hasn't gotten to buy it yet-

Oh, I just figured I'd let the fans know:

Hot Topic now has Twilight t-shirts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he's from Another Note. Great book. You'll love it x3
O: Hot Topic has Twilight T-shirts? They'd better come in at Wal-mart, or else >_>
Meh, prolly not. You don't see Death Note t-shirts at Wal-Mart, either. Dx

Yeah, I've been needing and wanting that book for ages. But it's so expensive! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back