Tama in school....safe or danger?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually take my tamagotchi to work with me - it's very safe. :) (I'm 25 and soon-to-be-engineer.) I have several tamagotchis, but always only take care of one at a time - right now, my new Music Star. It lies safely - sound mostly turned off - in the pocket of my laboratory coat all the time, decently waiting for me to check it every so often. Caring for a tamagotchi doesn't take enough time to really distract me from my work, but I try not to let my boss or "important" co-workers see it anyway, because in my job it's advisable to wear respectability. :)

(Off-work though, I don't mind playing with my tamagotchi in public at all <3 whether in the streetcar, in restaurants, in shops, walking or waiting, it's there!)

But I remember the tamagotchi craze of the 90s - I didn't care for them then, but several of my friends had them taken away because there were banned at my school, too :> definately dangerous!!

Weird, now that i think back to it i started the craze in my school in fourth grade and the tachers didnt care we conneted at recess and stuff, but then it got out of control and it got banned.(p.s. i remember when one kid got a jp. tama too!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have the high record here! :nyatchi: Caught 5 times and had it taken 2 times.

the 5 times were usual. Hiding in the corner playing games, Playing with it in the stalls, Math class...

Taken 1 time when They saw me use it 3 times that day, And to tell you the truth those teachers can kiss my cat. My mom didn't care either- It was a free day all day! Why would it matter? And the 2nt time I got it taken up, And while it was on her desk someone stole my GOLDEN TAMAGOTCHI!!!!!! :nyatchi: Im still mad about that..

I think tamas are quite safe at school as long as you know how to hide them! i keep them in my pencil case occasionally and check them at the beginning of each class. if anyone asks, i'm looking for a pencil to use! :mimitchi:

When it was REading class, I put my tamagotchi at my book then I forgot turn off the sounds.... so the tamagotchi at svhool is dagerous..... but the whole week i put my tamagotchi in my pencil case and then my teacher didn;t notice me playing it.

:) :) :) :)

me n my friend sara both have tamagotchis...in skool we sit next 2 each other...we woud make are tamagotchis connect ALL the time with out the teacher knoing. 1 morning we was connecting, n i 4got to turn the sound of on mine, so my tama started beeping. my teacher took are tamas away from us 4 a whole week!!! wen i got mine bak it was dead :eek: !!! and my friend never got hers bak cuz my stupid teacher lost it!!! :angry: ...my friend got a new 1...a v4.5 and we still bring them 2 skool... ;)

then once it was in my backpack in my back pack, in my cubby...and again i 4got 2 turn the sound off so it started beeping. my teacher heard it, she came over to my desk gave me some weird look, then checked my desk. she didnt see it (becuz it was in my backpack) then gave me another weird look, then walked away...thank god my tama was in my backpack...becuz since im always getting stuff taken away, my teacher said the next time she caches me with sumthin im not supposed 2 hav, she woud put it in the summer box n i woudnt get it till the last day of skool :eek: !!!! so thank god it was in my back pack :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Thing...

I, for one, believe that it is dangerous and also can make you untrusted by your teacher. I don't believe anyone on this thread said it as safe, because it truly isn't. I am known on TamaTalk as an Advice Giver and turst me, I might prove that Tamagotchi going to school are dangerous. In fact, I will.

I met a girl in my private school a long way back. I asked if she'd ever gone to another school. She said yes.

Then she told me she'd been kicked out of the school for bringing in her Tamagotchi!

A perfect example why not to bring your Tamagotchis to school. Bleached_inu:3 saying that this is safe, it is not. No offense. I agree with tamasusHi_09, this is very dangerous. Candychi, you lost your golden tamagotchi? Ugh!

All of the commenters (most of them, at least) are right. This is very dnagerous. Do not do this.

Sincerly,

Lilystar

This is not safe. I mean, it depends on what kind of school you go to. When I went to first grade, I had a really nice teacher named Mrs. King. Mrs. King didn't really care if we did them after our lessons, and we had no P.E teacher. (Really.) So we would bring our tamas there and run around with them. It is mostly unsafe because of these reasons: If you get caught, you could get in big trouble. You will be embrassed. But there is reasons and ways I can understand why you would want to bring yours to school. Your tama might die when you're away.

That's pretty much the main reason, huh? I guess. But just put your tama on pause and it leave it at home. You'll know that your tama will be okay and you can still do your work.

I hope the advice helps!

I don't take my tama any more but when i was in primary school everyone had a v3 so we connected at lunch but the teachers didn't care.

I did once have two tamas in my coat pocket, but they were on pause so I didn't get caught.

Is it safe? My friend brought her live V3 in, checked it every 10 minutes but the teachers didn't care. But I took my first V2 to an activity centre once and took it out to play with it when I was very, very bored. I was told sharpishly to 'put it away'. But nothing bad happened.

Okay- so I'm posting again with better advice.

Tamagotchi is very dangerous in school. Not only will it be embrassing when you get caught, but it distracts you from working. Tamagotchi's aren't bad- you just shouldn't bring them to school. You might want to talk to your teacher and ask her if you can play with it at recess or free time. Private schools might be more acceptable to Tamagotchis during free time or recess. Here are some of the reasons Tamagotchis are dangerous to bring to school. First of all, it's sneaky and being a bad student to try to sneak something in to school. It might distract you if you think about what will happen if you do get caught and such. Now, let's move on. If your teacher accepts letting you bring your tama to school, ask your parents. They may not want you losing your tamagotchi or focusing too much on your tama and not your work. But you can play it safe by just leaving your tamagotchi at home.

But there are reasons you may want to bring your tama to school. First, you don't want it to... die. Or maybe you want to take good care of it by spending every minute of your life playing it so you can get a good adult. Here are some tips to make sure you don't have to bring it to school and it still be taken care of. You can pause it, so it doesn't do anything while your gone. You can pause it by pressing A and B at the same time, then do it again to unpause it. Or maybe you have a younger sibling or someone who can care for it while you're gone. Now, focus on your work and have a fabulous time with your tama!

when i was in primary school and the first version of connections ame out, everyone in the school went mad over them. it was considered uncool to not have one. when the teachers banned them, the school went insane, and held secret tamagotchi conventions behind corners and at the back of toilet blocks. we all thought ourselves very rebelious.

now that im in high school, its not as much as a problem. everyone brings their electronics into class, and tamagotchis are probably the least concerns to the teacher, as well as the least common.

but i brought mine to school in my bag and it was beaten around, now it has two thick scratches on it. i was so upset when i found it.

:angry:

Well this is how I get around hiding my Tama:

1. Turn the sound off

2. Check it daily

3. If it looks bad, ask to go to the bathroom

4. If you kept the sound on, and you hear it, ask to go to the bathroom immediately

I remember the second day I had my music star I brought it to school to prove that the v6 was made(I can't believe the didn't know about v6) well I decided not to show them till lunch. In the middle of language arts it beeped out of my pocket but the good thing is my teacher is partly def. I walked up to my teacher and asked if I could go to the bathroom. And of course He said yes. Turns out all the hearts were gone. So I fed him and made my tama happy. But when I brought it the next day I had a sub teacher and she was not def at all. It beeped and the teacher didn't even ask what it was she just waked over to me and pulled it out of my pocket and said I had detention. When I got it back it was hungry and not happy. Lol

I'd say that they're safe to bring to school, but that may be because I'm in high school, and honestly, our teachers don't expect us to have 'childish' things like virtual pets.

I check on my Morino between classes and during breaks. So far, no teacher has ever noticed, though several girls in my grade have told me how incredibly juvenile I am for still having a tamagotchi. (They went out of style when I was in fourth grade, after all)

They aren't really a distraction, and I've never forgotten to turn off my sound, so there's never been any danger.

...Just my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back