Tamagotchi color?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt it would be $50... If we look back in the past... For those who may or may not remember....

The Pokemon Pikachu was about the same... and when it released in color, it was about the same price. I remember that my parents only reason for not buying it was because they paid the same price for my first Pokemon Pikachu. (And they already probably bought me another sort of digital pet..................... or two... :p )

Cool!!!I'm getting a English one ASAP

english one? u mean tmgc+c?

anwyay someone posted the link to closer ups of the new tmgc+c here and i have to say, it's very ugly. Thick and heavy to me it seems. The screen itself don't seem flat, rather it's curvy towards center. I don't hate tamagotchi but the design is NOT that good. I want same shape without antenna.....its very classic and the contour is just comfortable to hold!

Last edited by a moderator:
anwyay someone posted the link to closer ups of the new tmgc+c here and i have to say, it's very ugly. Thick and heavy to me it seems. The screen itself don't seem flat, rather it's curvy towards center. I don't hate tamagotchi but the design is NOT that good. I want same shape without antenna.....its very classic and the contour is just comfortable to hold!
remember that the classic shape is whitout antenna (plus). ;)

Wow, I can say this looks interesting!

Definitely looks worth 50 bucks to me! Heehee! I will probably buy imported though.

Curved screens seem to be in! Have you seen the new iPod nano's? I do agree it looks very thick for a virtual pet toy.

anwyay someone posted the link to closer ups of the new tmgc+c here and i have to say, it's very ugly. Thick and heavy to me it seems. The screen itself don't seem flat, rather it's curvy towards center. I don't hate tamagotchi but the design is NOT that good.
:) You know, you're right... that's part of the reason why I didn't get a Tamagotchi Chu (the kissing one) ... it's just not a very attractive design.... it's so .... blah-looking... :)

UGLY?! :D I think it looks too cute!! I agree it is very thick but I wouldn't want a paper-thin tama(Think Samsung Ultra Series). The Original design can't fit in AAA batteries(which is required for a longer life with color screen). I love it thick but want it be thin too. Otherwise, It won't fit properly in my pocket. (Mega bulge) The desgin can't get any better, too light would make it a feather(REALLY!).

BTW,I am not a big fan of the classic shape.

The classic shape have antenna of course! What I really meant is I want the same previous shape without antenna, neither thick or thin. The pic showing the IR on the head is too thick, not curvy....YoungMametchi_Ura, seriously, it's ugly. Maybe we have different own views ^^

tamapalace, yup the screen is about same as ipod 4th gen but the colours on tmgc+c are visibly not that rich and bright. Esp on strong sunny days.

The classic shape have antenna of course! What I really meant is I want the same previous shape without antenna, neither thick or thin. The pic showing the IR on the head is too thick, not curvy....YoungMametchi_Ura, seriously, it's ugly. Maybe we have different own views ^^
tamapalace, yup the screen is about same as ipod 4th gen but the colours on tmgc+c are visibly not that rich and bright. Esp on strong sunny days.
Yea it is going to be hard to see the screen in the sun, there doesn't seem to be an ambient light sensor.

Wow. This is terrible.

The whole charm of the Tamagotchi to me is the cute little pixel characters on the screen. If they bump it up to this color thing, I'm out for good. Why can't Bandai just let the Tamagotchi be a Tamagotchi? You don't always have to fix something that's already great.

To me the design of the Tama is too fat looking. And the background and characters resemble something of a cheap online game. It totally kills the charm of the Tamagotchi.

I agree with Flying Feathers, why can't Bandai just leave Tamagotchi as Tamagotchi, maybe adding a few new designs and features but not over-doing it like some people think they are. You have to admit, they have made it fairly complciated for themselves by making the tamagotchi v.5 so complicated for young kids! I still havn't picked it up and I am a teenager. They should just try and keep things simple, because they have to remember, just because TT does not have many young kids on it aged 5-ish, it does not mean that kids that age are not buying tamagotchis.

-Dannii

Aside from everyone elses veiw on the new design, I absolutely love it!

To me, it looks really vintage style. Sorta like the P1 and P2.

And I don't see how you couldn't understand this one. Doesn't anyone read the instruction manual anymore? ._.

I highly doubt it would be $50... If we look back in the past... For those who may or may not remember....
The Pokemon Pikachu was about the same... and when it released in color, it was about the same price. I remember that my parents only reason for not buying it was because they paid the same price for my first Pokemon Pikachu. (And they already probably bought me another sort of digital pet..................... or two... -_- )
https://gizmodo.com/5056151/breaking-tamago...s-evolved-color

as ridiculous as it seems, $50 seems realistic. this new tama seems to have a backlit screen (think ipod or nintendo ds). the color pokemon pikachu cost less because it was just a plain lcd display that could only display 3 colors. yes, pretty fancy for its time, but i'm sure like the PP, the $50 price tag will eventually come down after bandai comes out with its next fancy tama upgrade. :mimitchi:

I think they look really cool! I like that Bandai keeps coming out with different ones every year. I think if they kept making the same kind over and over people would get tired of them. All different models really have something for everyone...(colores, shapes, characters,...etc.). Change is good! -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back