Tamagotchi color?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DS game would be a great idea but you can't really take it out and turn it on for 3 mintues ever few hours just to check on how it's going... But I do agree that it could do so much more. (Not a big fan of the coner shop though.)

I do like the design but it is a bit thick for my likeing. I might wait till the new colours to come out before I buy. Hehe the basic colours reminds me of ipods.. XD

I'm not sure if I want to go through the trouble of getting the Exile limited edition though... I'm not a big fan of them.. :/

Hmm... what to do...

https://gizmodo.com/5056151/breaking-tamago...s-evolved-color
as ridiculous as it seems, $50 seems realistic. this new tama seems to have a backlit screen (think ipod or nintendo ds). the color pokemon pikachu cost less because it was just a plain lcd display that could only display 3 colors. yes, pretty fancy for its time, but i'm sure like the PP, the $50 price tag will eventually come down after bandai comes out with its next fancy tama upgrade. :)
True, I wouldn't mind buying it for that much... But it being for kids... Parents will complain. They'd probably wouldn't put it for that much, but 30 is probably most likely to happen.

And probably so, the price will come down. I've seen new things about a month old come down about 5-10 dollars depending on where you go here... (My Meebas, in particular....)

I can't wait! I'm going to japan this winter! Yay!!!

ps. Thanks for the info!! <333333

As we all know the Tamagotchi Plus Color features a nice 1.52 inch LCD, but what most don't know is that Bandai Japan is actually using a TFT-el panel using organic eletroluminescent media! Why would Bandai want to use a TFT-el panel in the Tamagotchi Plus Color?, because they elimate the need to pattern the EL cathode, thus greatly simplifying the procedure of delineate the EL pixels as well as ensuring high resolution! TFT-el panels do not require a backlight or other light scources because they are naturally backlit. Conventional LCD panels have a responce time of several dozen milliseconds, but the organic EL panel requires only a few microseconds. It makes sence for Bandai to see this panel because it saves energy, and has a very low response time which is good for Tamagotchi's since they are constantly bouncing around the screen. A lower response time ensures that you will not see any after-image when animations and characters are moving. TFT-el panels are more eco-friendly than conventional LCD's because they do NOT need to pattern the EL cathode because they are naturally blacklit, which saves lots of energy and cuts production costs!

WOW. I REALLY want one of these. They look sooooo awesome!!! I am definately asking Santa, or something... They might come out here, that would be even cooler!

Judging from the pictures provided by other members the Tama Color looks cool. J'adore the egg colors! What worries me deeply is the width. Part of what I loved about my tamas was the ability to sneak it into my classrooms. Stupid no electronics rule. Being able to see the colors of a tamagotchi pet would be cool.

Another part is how the people who want this tama might not be able to get have they not live in japan. Take for example the Tama Suku or Tama School. This tama has been in japan for a while yet no news of it ever coming to U.S.A has appeared. Only those lucky enough to run into one on ebay has one.

My belief in the possibility of this one coming to America, if ever, are very small.

Judging from the pictures provided by other members the Tama Color looks cool. J'adore the egg colors! What worries me deeply is the width. Part of what I loved about my tamas was the ability to sneak it into my classrooms. Stupid no electronics rule. Being able to see the colors of a tamagotchi pet would be cool.
Another part is how the people who want this tama might not be able to get have they not live in japan. Take for example the Tama Suku or Tama School. This tama has been in japan for a while yet no news of it ever coming to U.S.A has appeared. Only those lucky enough to run into one on ebay has one.

My belief in the possibility of this one coming to America, if ever, are very small.
It's definitely noticeably bigger, however I doubt it will get smaller if it does come to America. Here are some size comparisons with the Tamagotchi Plus Color, Tamagotchi Familitchi and a pack of playing cards:

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/tam...Picture1-60.png

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/tam...Picture1-61.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The TMGC + C are now avaliable in all colours for preorder on Yesasia.

I was thinking that would be the way to get it untill I saw the prices. It's $110 Aussie dollars! Far OUT!!! that is insane. I suppose it's even worse with the stockmarkets doing weird things. And the fact that the colour screen is somewhat of a Tamagotchi revelation.

I guess I'll have to hunt around on ebay in the following months. Shame though. But more than 100 bucks is too much for a tamagotchi, no matter how cool it is :lol:

Arhhh! So darn cute! I've always fancied the idea of having coloured tamagotchis! I wonder when they arrive to my country though... And it's a bit pricey as well. :wacko:

A color tamagotchi. Oh man, I really want it. Everything better is always released in Japan. Or they release it in Japan first.

that is the vary new Tamagotchi + color it a V7 only in japan I am working on if we can some how get it or not.

This is going to be awsome.

ps cant wait for the v8 to come out so i can hit my friends in the forehead saying "Shoulda had a v8!" lol

that is the vary new Tamagotchi + color it a V7 only in japan I am working on if we can some how get it or not.
The Tamagotchi Plus Colour is NOT the v7. Its Tamagotchi Plus Colour and that's it, if you are posting about something that has not been released then make sure your facts are correct. The only way to purchase one after November 22nd is over the internet. And as of this moment, there has been nothing released about the Tamagotchi Plus Colour being sold in USA or Europe or Oceania.

Looks great, ridiculous price. I will not buy it unless it gets lowered.

I read a post somewhere about the packaging of the TMGC+C. Everyone was saying how simple and elegant it looked, and how it didn't really look like a kids game. I think this is the clue. Tamagotchi virtual pets have a different target market in japan to what they do in the western world. For example, tamagotchi's were orignially aimed at japanese highschool girls. But they were popular with nearly everyone. They had sort of 'childcare' for tamagotchis while their owners were at work. But in the western world, especially with the new tamagotchis, they seem to be aimed fairly young people. Nowadays kids just want to grow up, so the target markets of most toys have been pushed down.

A lot of people have complained about the difference between the japanese and western tamagotchis. People would say: 'Why do they think we're so stupid?' because the western ones have a lot less features than the japanese ones (eg entama, ura tama vs. V4, V4.5) but the fact is, even though a lot of you here are not young children (me included) bandai america/uk etc think we are, or at least the majority of people who buy them are. that's why the japanese ones have all these complicated features like cooking, harder games, lots of jobs and the characters take longer to grow up- whereas the western ones have tones of characters, simpler games and a shorter life. =Different target markets.

So, in conclusion to my long rant (sorry about that) I don't think we'll see a western release of the TMGC+C for a long time. Because in japan it is treated as more of a pet than a game for kids, people are willing to spend the money on it. It looks like the latest japanese gadjet. Whereas in the western world, people would only pay money like that (unless they are TMGC fans!! :) ) if it was something more practical, like a MP3 player or phone. So to be release here we would need it to be in the toy price range. And not the price of some of the more complex toys, (like gameboys etc) it would have to be normal tamagotchi price. And to get that it would have to be a very stripped down version of the japanese one, and the technology would have to be way cheaper.

the end

sorry that was so long, hope it makes sense

neimo

I'm looking forward for the 22 now. I must pre-order one somehow! To Ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back