Do you believe it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have said, people have been predicting the end of the world for hundreds of years, and I'm pretty sure that the world has not come to an end yet. ._.

So basically, no, I do not believe the world will end in 2012. Eventually, the earth will end on its own, but that will not happen for billions of years. Now, in that time there might even be an extreme disaster that destroys the entire planet, a massive solar flare (xP) or a meteor twice the size of earth, who really knows? There are people who spend their entire lives worrying about the end of the world, and I just don't understand why they want to work themselves up when nothing has happened on all the other predicted dates that the world was supposed to end.

I kind of do, but then I don't. On that day, I will invite my friend over, and we will both sit on my driveway watching for anything to happen. I'll also bring some snacks so that we could die happy. B) Haha, but if nothing happens then I'll start doing a happy dance! : D

Agreed with _Flame_.

Seriously, why research when you're world will die anyway? Live your life, but NOT by trying to guess when your world is dying please.

Besides, it's funny how much people believe in this. On this day, I'll eat some chips, watching tv, and happy that I finished high school. :D

~SG~

That can't happen, 'cause then I'll be 17 and it would be only three months until I was an adult!! O_O I wanna be an adult before world ends ~ Waaaah!

But nah, I don't think that'll happen, will it? ... But then again, who knows... :mimitchi:

It would be so weird waking up that morning thinking "Am I going to die today?" or wonder if something is going to happen.

:3
My mom did alot of research online and the Mayan people were like, "O_O What the heck are you talking about? We NEVER said that...?"
I agree. I found an article of an interview with a Mayan Elder and he basically said this hype and such was complete nonsense.

My science teacher believes in it. ;P He talks about it alot.

I don't. Even if what the Mayan's said was true, I wouldn't believe it. Why would the world randomly end because the Mayans said so?

I think it's a bunch of crap. *spits furiously on the p of crap* There will probably be a solar eclipse at the worst... or something like that. But, who REALLY thinks a big friggin hole can suck a solid into itself. Then where will we go? How would we die if we're still on Earth but, just in a dumb HOLE!

It's probably because the Mayan's wanted to worry the people of the "future". NOT cool.

There's more 2012 theories besides the Mayan thing. That's why it's such a big deal, because all these predictions happen to say the same thing, with some sort of "scientific evidence".

There was a prophet name Nostradamus, who predicted the ups and downs of civilization. He used some sort of astrology to predict things. Apparently, he predicted things such as World War II and Hitler, as well as the Kennedy assassinations. And now, he has predicted the "end of the world". Things like an extreme climate change are predicted, which means the Earth could shift on it's axis.

If you do your research, the Earth suddenly shifting is impossible. It's hard to explain in my words, but here is a quote that summarizes it easily.

0. What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours? Does this have something to do to do with our solar system dipping beneath the galactic equator?

A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. It has never happened and never will. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway. But they falsely claim that a magnetic reversal is coming soon (in 2012) and that this is the same as, or will trigger, a reversal of rotational poles. The bottom line is: (a) Rotation direction and magnetic polarity are not related. ( :p There is no reason to expect a reversal of magnetic polarity any time soon, or to anticipate any bad effects on life when it does eventually happen. © A sudden shift in rotational pole with disastrous consequences is impossible. Also, none of this has anything to do with the galactic equator or any of the other nonsense about alignments that appears on many of the conspiracy theory websites.
Also, there is a so called planet called "Planet X" or "Nibiru", which is supposed to be a plant that rotates around the sun in an oval shape. This means, that people think this planet is going to collide with the Earth. If it doesn't collide, it will likely leave rock debris that will hit the Earth and cause problems.

The only thing is, this planet is only a suspected object. There is tons of evidence that this planet does not exist.

This site was full of information. Check it out if you want to read about the other theories and why they aren't real.

https://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astrob...ons-and-answers

Also, all of these readings are predictions translated from a long period of time ago. Nostradamus, for example, lived in the 1500s, so translations are subject to change through periods of time. And after things that happen, people might make silly connections to the text he wrote, which could be misinterpreted.

If you do your research, there are lots of made up scientific predictions that sound real, but in reality, something like that is impossible. If something sounds real, more people are likely to believe it. Don't get all crazy about something happening in 2012, because it is very very unlikely that it won't. If anything happens, it's not going to go with a huge BANG, it will be an on going process. (again, very unlikely).

People are saying things like "OH earthquakes, tsunamis, swine flu, increasing crime rates, it's all predicting 2012"

But think about it this way, our world has always had massive troubles. The Spanish Flu for example, killed more than 50 million people, and this was way worse than the swine flu. This happened a long time ago. Terrible things happen throughout the world all the time, so these disasters aren't getting worse. It's nothing new. It's nothing predicting the end of the world.

Sorry for the long post. If any of this is wrong, just correct me on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
People thought the end of the world was 2000. I was like, No way.

So how can it be in 2012? Isn't 13 a unlucky number? :furawatchi:

So...as if I say no, is because:

1. People lived before God. So, I don't believe in him. Or slightly.

2. they predicted the end of the world was 2000. And we lived.

3. The only time the earth might die out is because of the sun. Sun is thi star. It will die in about 1,000,000 years. That's when earth will die. Just Maybe.

No, I don't beleive it. After 1/1/00, 6/6/06, and many others, why should this one be any different? We will all die eventually, so we shouldn't spen our entire lives worrying about it/

No, I don't beleive it. After 1/1/00, 6/6/06, and many others, why should this one be any different? We will all die eventually, so we shouldn't spen our entire lives worrying about it/
1/1/00 was just people being paranoid about there being a new millennium. People thought all technology would just "die". And as for 6/6/06, people assumed that this being the devil's number, something bad would happen.

These are just examples of paranoia.

2012, on the other hand, has "scientific" reasoning. That is why people are freaking out about this more, even though the scientific reasoning is basically false.

What kind of idiot would say the end of the world is coming soon? The world will end eventually, but not that soon.
I agree. What kind of person would say that?

My science teacher believes in it. ;P He talks about it alot.
I don't. Even if what the Mayan's said was true, I wouldn't believe it. Why would the world randomly end because the Mayans said so?
Technically the Mayans didn't say that at all. Unfortunately other religions and other sources in the world are concluding this but this is very false.

Yes it's the mayan clock you can google a picture of...but like any clock once it reaches it's end point, it will start over. Anyone with a college education or majoring currently in such things could tell you this.

What scientific reasoning? It's just another made up date.
It probably is just a made up date, but the reason people are believing this one is because they're hearing about scientific theories about why it's going to happen. The other dates were just mere coincidences. (6/6/06 - devil's number, 1/1/01- new millennium, etc)

I never said the "science" backing up 2012 was real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back